Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wanyama had a brilliant season with us, but I don't know if he was ever at Kante's level.
Certainly not the 2015/2016 season, Kante was one of the best midfielders in Europe at the time and totally bossing the Premier League.

20 out of 20 PL managers would've chosen Kante over Wanyama in July 2016 if they had the choice.

Last edited:
Certainly not the 2015/2016 season, Kante was one of the best midfielders in Europe at the time and totally bossing the Premier League.

20 out of 20 PL managers would've chosen Kante over Wanyama in July 2016 if they had the choice.
We'd have managed to turn Kante into Hossam Ghaly or Michael Brown, somehow!

“Football is not about money. It is about players being better, and that they show on the training ground that they are better than another team-mate and that they deserve to be involved or not. In my opinion, I need to take the decisions and I believe that the players that started in the game [on Saturday] and the players on the bench deserved to be involved in the game. There’s nothing else to [read into] it.
“It’s not frustrating for me. It’s about football. We can see in football different things that happen. You sign a player and then you expect something, and you don’t find what you expected … If another deserved to be involved, then why not? Just because we pay money [for someone], do they deserve to play?”

Let’s see if people agree with this or not without knowing who said it
This was when Sissoko was left completely out of the squad for the chelsea away game in 16/17.

funny, Sissoko was also being called lazy and unprofessional in this period too.

“Football is not about money. It is about players being better, and that they show on the training ground that they are better than another team-mate and that they deserve to be involved or not. In my opinion, I need to take the decisions and I believe that the players that started in the game [on Saturday] and the players on the bench deserved to be involved in the game. There’s nothing else to [read into] it.
“It’s not frustrating for me. It’s about football. We can see in football different things that happen. You sign a player and then you expect something, and you don’t find what you expected … If another deserved to be involved, then why not? Just because we pay money [for someone], do they deserve to play?”

Let’s see if people agree with this or not without knowing who said it
Timmeh?

:sherwoodwtf:

This was when Sissoko was left completely out of the squad for the chelsea away game in 16/17.

funny, Sissoko was also being called lazy and unprofessional in this period too.
Not by me....from 2016

I like him. Pro active when we start running out of ideas......and takes the game to the oppo. None of this burst forward then check, stop, and pass it 2 meters backwards. He tends to see his run through to the end and tries to make a conclusive finish to the move, whether its a pass into the danger area or a shot.

He reminds me of Palacios actually.....I think he is superior in quality, but just hasnt had a start like Wilson did with that legendary debut vs The Scum.

His time will come.....you can just see it. Big player that one.

Anyway, that aside, do you agree with what Poch said?

Not by me....from 2016

Anyway, that aside, do you agree with what Poch said?
Individually you can have exceptions , And earning big wages doesn’t mean you “deserve” to automatically play, but generally overall money makes the difference in this sport. Or Chelsea, city, PSG wouldn’t have made huge strides forward.

this clubs most successful period came when it had the biggest wallet in the country... greaves was the first £10k transfer.

Signing Wanyama instead of Kante that window is not a reasonable stick to beat the club with..... Vic's form that season vindicated his purchase.

True....when we played Chelsea in 16/17, Wanyama absolutely steamrollered Kante and the rest of the Chelsea midfield. He was like a bigger better version of Kante that season, and then he got that bad injury, and that was the end of that.

True....when we played Chelsea in 16/17, Wanyama absolutely steamrollered Kante and the rest of the Chelsea midfield. He was like a bigger better version of Kante that season, and then he got that bad injury, and that was the end of that.
That's one match, Kanté was 2016/2017 PL Player of the Season and rightly so (probably should've won in 2015/2016 as well), one of the main reasons the chavs won the title in 2017.

Individually you can have exceptions , And earning big wages doesn’t mean you “deserve” to automatically play, but generally overall money makes the difference in this sport. Or Chelsea, city, PSG wouldn’t have made huge strides forward.

this clubs most successful period came when it had the biggest wallet in the country... greaves was the first £10k transfer.
Do you mean Jimmy Greaves price tag? It was £99.999.
Denis Law was the first £100,000 officially as Billy Nick didn't want JG carrying that around as an extra burden.

Last edited:

3 JULY 2019

Talk to anybody in France about Ndombele and one word recurs: nonchalance. It is not meant as a compliment and takes in the impression that he has not always been the most hard-working player.

“He was nonchalant,” Sullivan Martinet, his youth team captain at Guingamp, told Ouest France. “He didn’t try as much. He didn’t give the impression of always being 100%.”

Ndombele had another problem at Guingamp – a propensity to be overweight – and it was cited among the reasons for the refusal to give him a senior deal.

Last edited:

3 JULY 2019

Talk to anybody in France about Ndombele and one word recurs: nonchalance. It is not meant as a compliment and takes in the impression that he has not always been the most hard-working player.

“He was nonchalant,” Sullivan Martinet, his youth team captain at Guingamp, told Ouest France. “He didn’t try as much. He didn’t give the impression of always being 100%.”
Ndombele had another problem at Guingamp – a propensity to be overweight – and it was cited among the reasons for the refusal to give him a senior deal.
There is a reason that someone with his talent was in the 5th division of French Football

That's one match, Kanté was 2016/2017 PL Player of the Season and rightly so (probably should've won in 2015/2016 as well), one of the main reasons the chavs won the title in 2017.

I mentioned that game as they were competing against each other - however, Wanyama was fantastic all season in 16/17.

Back
Top Bottom