Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As glib as that (and pieces like that often are) that is a pretty fair assessment of things in a nutshell, and stuff many of us have said.

Before we bought him I said the biggest issue might be his lack of dynamism, he's never been a busy cunt, and his success will depend on us also buying a proper 6, which is what he had at Lyon in Tousart or Cheikh most weeks, also playing CM3's with him lateral not as the central pivot, again how he excelled at Lyon.

As we all know, football is all about getting the blend and balance right, balancing of strengths and weaknesses of the various parts. Ndombele was never going to be the silver bullet for our completely dysfunctional midfield.

To be honest I still don't think Hojbjerg is that silver bullet either unfortunately, we needed a dedicated, dynamic and fucking tenacious 6 who would busy cunt around cleaning up, whilst the likes of Ndombele and Lo Celso can do more of the playing. I hope I'm wrong, I hope we shift to a CM3 system, Hojbjerg can do that simple job and we give Ndombele an actual run of games in that system to see if he can work.

The criticisms are fair in that piece to, he's got to learn and improve the weaker sides of his game, but he is still only 23, he's not started more than a couple of games in a row, players need to be taught and developed. The good shit is very rare, be such a shame to throw the baby out with the bathwater just because of a lack of patience.

And lets be real here as well, you can make (and some of us have) videos showing the likes of Winks, Sissoko, Dier etc all playing midfield and not tracking runners, or moving into space to receive the ball - that's basically Sissoko's 90 minute game plan.

Last edited:
This video addresses some of Ndombele´s issues at Tottenham. It´s nothing revolutionary, but it´s also not a analysis based on passion - which is a improvement. I´ve already wrote that I don´t think we are going to play a traditional 4-3-3, but that´s not important here.

What really called my attention was this:

First Half: 2.6 Tackles, 1.8 Interceptions, 1.8 Blocks, 1.4 Key Passes.
Second Half: 1.9 Tackles, 0.8 Interceptions, 0.7 Blocks, 0.9 Key Passes.

(He does have better numbers in terms of dribbling going into the second half - 4.2 becomes 5.3 -, but as a whole he is not the same player for 90 minutes).

Last edited:
Interesting one of the criticisms was dribbling when he could pass. I think Son tends to do that too often, most likely hoping to get a break and score a crowd pleaser. Most of us at the Burnley game groaned for the first few touches of that goal, waiting for him to run out of space.
Lucas Moura always, always dribbles too far and loses it.
I look at the example of Ndombele, where he could have passed to Moura and think "if he pulled that move off, and dribbled through that gap, it would jave taken 3 Southampton players out of the game in one move and then Moura would have been 30 yards further up the pitch with less defenders and more team mates"

It's a game of fine margins and interpretation. One person sees him fail an attempted dribble that could have been a pass, another sees him fail a dribble that would have opened up a huge attack.

I want ambition in those circumstances. A player who has both the ability and the confidence to try it.

Umenyi, who has also worked with north London rivals Woolwich, hinted that some players in the squad can be rather challenging diet-wise. When I asked if the suspect was indeed Tanguy Ndombele, all I got back was a look.
:mourcheeks:

Umenyi, who has also worked with north London rivals Woolwich, hinted that some players in the squad can be rather challenging diet-wise. When I asked if the suspect was indeed Tanguy Ndombele, all I got back was a look.
:mourcheeks:

I think the journo used some artistic license with the Ndombele response :mourhandlaugh:

So what are the odds that Ndombele isn't going to be a fat, lazy cunt next season?

If there's any doubt I want him gone. Mourinho and Levy should monitor him in the preseason and make a decision with a couple weeks left in the window. If he's wondering around the place, scratching his arse then they should ditch him and reinvest in a player who gives a flying fuck.

No fan of this club should want a fat, lazy cunt with a shit attitude on £200k a week lingering around our club like a stale fart for an entire season. I don't care how talented he is. He royally fucked us over last season.

Back
Top Bottom