Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never once said he couldn't just that the sale on this basis would have been a mistake. He's already proved this. I think your arguing a point that's uncontested...
And your arguing without reading, because I said this yesterday
I was wrong that he should be sold, and wrong that he couldn’t turn it around.

But that doesn’t mean I’m going to sit here and say he was good last season. He wasn’t and I would have sold him.
That would have been a mistake

I’ll ask you again because you all seem to be running away from it.

If he played like last season again this year, would you keep him for another year?
And the season after that? Keep?
I'll answer if you don't mind? I'd certainly give him another season. If all the same circumstances apply. Can't be a new country but illness injury ect. In a heartbeat based on what ive seen of him at us under Poch initially and at Lyon.

I laughed and stopped reading at the argument against tactics, while mourinho - the world's greatest tactician - has tottenham at the top of the table. By moving around excellent players to make them the best in the world (Kane, Son) and moving other players who struggled into positions to exceed (Ndombele).

Idiots.

Programming is a motherfucker. De Bruyne is one of the most powerful explosive athletes in football period - once he’s in motion there’s little stopping him. Just because he looks like the Sherminator from American Pie Doesn’t change this.

N'Dombele is not a natural athlete and he never will be. His talent is in his feet and brain. Accept it and live with it.
I disagree, I think he is the spitting image of Prince Harry (before he lost his hair)
:mourhandlaugh:

He may not be a 90 minute player (yet), but he is pretty effective for the time he is on the pitch. As the lovely Mr P said about Glenn, if he made two killer passes that led to two goals, and you win a game 2-1, that's controlling the game.
Who's going to argue with :perryman: ????????

Last season Ndombele was not very good.
This season he has been much better but still can't do 90 minutes.
Not yet legend status.
Last year it was just a function of fitness/adjusting to a new league/country. This guy is pure class. I think two years from now, every "big" team out there is going to try and raid us with 100+ million offers.

Last edited:
i always hoped he would stay and show his skills with us, maybe not as good as dombele was at holding on to the ball, but way way way about him when it comes to move forward and creating chances

Again, I don't think it's a case of Ndombele not being able to play 90 minutes. I have no doubt he can. He's done it twice this season.

I just think Lo Celso also needs minutes and he'd rather sacrifice creativity for creativity to keep us having that solid base.

However if GLC keeps forcing Mourinhos hand by scoring or assisting whenever he's given the chance, he'd have no choice but to start him and considering Ndombele doesn't deserve to be dropped, we may just see both at the same time over the next month or so.

Again, I don't think it's a case of Ndombele not being able to play 90 minutes. I have no doubt he can. He's done it twice this season.

I just think Lo Celso also needs minutes and he'd rather sacrifice creativity for creativity to keep us having that solid base.

However if GLC keeps forcing Mourinhos hand by scoring or assisting whenever he's given the chance, he'd have no choice but to start him and considering Ndombele doesn't deserve to be dropped, we may just see both at the same time over the next month or so.
I think it's both. In a sense, NDombele's style of play means that he would require plenty of energy, which is taxing over 90 minutes especially in PL, where teams rarely give in thus allowing you a breather.

NDombele may be able to last 90 minutes, but he may not be as effective throughout the game. And we have a great option in GLC to rotate. Getting them both running 100% when they're on the pitch, while conserving them preventing potential burnt out is a good idea. The season is long and congested schedule, so there is no point in taking any risk now, especially when we manage the game well. Fan service can wait.

I think it's both. In a sense, NDombele's style of play means that he would require plenty of energy, which is taxing over 90 minutes especially in PL, where teams rarely give in thus allowing you a breather.

NDombele may be able to last 90 minutes, but he may not be as effective throughout the game. And we have a great option in GLC to rotate. Getting them both running 100% when they're on the pitch, while conserving them preventing potential burnt out is a good idea. The season is long and congested schedule, so there is no point in taking any risk now, especially when we manage the game well. Fan service can wait.

Also worth noting that if we become conditioned to playing them both together we'll need to go out and buy sufficient quality cover for them both or experience a huge drop-off whenever we need to rotate (we've seen this alreadyin the cups where being able to start GLC has proven a godsend)..... This won't be cheap/easy.

Last edited:
What a player we got here. Funny enough, we all thought that before last season and then it was such a disappointing start with an unhappy and unfit player. Now, he is slowly building towards the monster player we all hope to see.

Back
Top Bottom