Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho deserves a lot of credit on the way he has handled Tanguy. He has made him one of the hardest workers in the team when just one year ago he was one of the laziest. With Mourinho you have to change the way you are, it's not enough to just have one good week of practice and a good game. You have to keep working hard month after month. With Ndombele it's really starting to bear fruit. With his attitude and conditioning fixed, he can really be one of the very best midfielders in the world.

Very very good.

I must say I haven't quite seen anyone with such a low pain threshold. Pretty much every match he is reeling from a little toe stub or clash of the legs.
Whether it be physiological, psychosomatic, or both is impossible to know.
Just a pretty funny observation.

As long as he isn't injury prone I couldn't give a fuck, probably means easier yellows for the opposition!

Very very good.

I must say I haven't quite seen anyone with such a low pain threshold. Pretty much every match he is reeling from a little toe stub or clash of the legs.
Whether it be physiological, psychosomatic, or both is impossible to know.
Just a pretty funny observation.

As long as he isn't injury prone I couldn't give a fuck, probably means easier yellows for the opposition!
haha ye it doesnt take much to make him walk with a limp for 5 mins. quality player though, going to take lots of knocks when youre taking on 3 players everytime you get the ball too

I think Ndombele storming off after getting substituted last match convinced Mourinho to keep him on this time, he likes seeing that kind of fire in players.

3rd time 90 minutes completed this season!

And he was really good today. He always looked like 2 heads above opposition with his ball control and passing.

Very, very positive. Now let him have deserved 8-day rest, so that he could comfortably play 2x90 minutes against Villa+Sheffield and then again 11 days rest and to be really-really ready to go toe-to-toe with Liverpool midfield.

A good 90 mins too. Not the typical sloppy shit towards the end. The whole team seemed to go up a gear. I think the recent memory of the 1-1 draws came flooding back after the disallowed goal.

Didn't ever see him as a goal scorer but we're seeing signs that he's making big leaps in that area. That skill and effort off the post today was really good. Two efforts vs Palace, two good efforts vs Leeds, the goal vs Wolves. Lots more to come with this guy.

Didn't ever see him as a goal scorer but we're seeing signs that he's making big leaps in that area. That skill and effort off the post today was really good. Two efforts vs Palace, two good efforts vs Leeds, the goal vs Wolves. Lots more to come with this guy.
Mourinho might be right to play him higher up the pitch.

That's true, but it doesn't fully absolve him of harry7 accusation. A lot of the time he's trying to make risky passes when they're just not on.

He's often falling on his arse, under pressure and he launches a pass without properly assessing the state of play. Just needs to calm it down a bit sometimes, a couple of more baward and sideways passes would help his overall game IMO. A bit like PEH, a few unambitious passes helps to retain possession, and makes pressing him even more frustrating for the opposition.
Fucking hell. I can't tell if you're joking or not.

I can see him being a 10-15 goal / 15-20 assist a year player for us in the future.

Back
Top Bottom