Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What you needed the highlights reel to revise your opinion? In which case you probably should find a simpler sport. Maybe snooker? By the way why do you care about the money its not yours. All footballers are overpriced they also have nothing to do with that. Perhaps people wouldn't call you names if your opinions were based on any kind of logic. I'm sorry if folk have been mean to you. But you're talking about selling probably the third best perfomer this season we have. So they think your stupid. Hang on that highly reel thing...have you been mistaking Sissoko and N'dombele.

My opinion of him is based on my own understanding of the game I’ve been watching for 30 years, not a highlight reel of one half of football. If he improves and works on his fitness and overall impact in a game he’s got ability to become a top player, but 18 months in im yet to be convinced. Is he better than sissoko, lamela and winks, yes. Does that mean I’m up his arse like a rat up a drainpipe? No.

Never been a fan of snooker but could be more entertaining than the football we’ve been playing.

What you needed the highlights reel to revise your opinion? In which case you probably should find a simpler sport. Maybe snooker? By the way why do you care about the money its not yours. All footballers are overpriced they also have nothing to do with that. Perhaps people wouldn't call you names if your opinions were based on any kind of logic. I'm sorry if folk have been mean to you. But you're talking about selling probably the third best perfomer this season we have. So they think your stupid. Hang on that highly reel thing...have you been mistaking Sissoko and N'dombele. 😆
Agree re: people needing to get over money. The money in the game is ridiculous now, we know this.

Iwobi 40m Pepe 70m Kepa 55m Sane 70m Havertz 70m Icardi 55m Gio, Semedo + Rodrigo all 30m+ Fabio Silva 36m Keita 55m Fred 52m Jorginho 50m Malcolm 40m

Mostly good players, some will turn out very good for their clubs and some won't or haven't. Some mad takes on Ndombele though, I must be watching different games.

If we could get £40-45m now for him, I think his feet wouldn't touch the floor and Jose would drive him to the airport himself tbh (if the money men deemed that an agreeable amount).

It honestly wouldn't surprise (the possibly ENIC-cynical) me if Jose's under a bit of pressure to get him in the side to protect his value which has brought this metamorphosis to an attacking midfielder.

Even though he has seemed to have looked significantly more interested since around the City game and certainly more than his first year or so here, I'm still only seeing flashes of it and that's when he's been shoehorned into this attacking role, I at least have seen a bit more workrate out of him, and that was one of my biggest gripes.

Although in saying that this workrate is usually in the first half, which brings me to my other massive gripe with him, his physical fitness. He is in there to create (now) and he pretty much always has a better first half than a second (and significantly we seem to be losing something in the latter parts of games lately...🤔 Creativity is still a bit of an issue in the side IMO).

His boiler bursts and his drop off in the 2nd half of games is noticable, usually dependent on his application to that point and the amount of running he's had to do, he gets tired and weakens and then his brain slows down and he runs out of ideas and usually gets the shepherd's crook (much to the lament of the over-boring fan boys who fawn over him every time he sticks out his massive arse and turns someone as tbf he does so adeptly).

For someone to play the role he's being asked to, he doesn't want the ball enough IMO, he hides. Personally I'm still not completely convinced, but he has undoubted ability.

Honestly if you swapped say someone like an (interested!) Eriksen for him we'd likely be a far better side IMO...and I was far from an Eriksen fan boy tbh.

You are only seeing flashes ?!?
Two honest questions -
- do you watch off-the-ball movement as well? Cause in last few games where he has played, he has done some serious closing down and tracking back
- in those flashes he created maybe 3 best chances we had the whole game. Please, do name me a midfielder in EPL who does not do this in flashes but puts his team strikers into brilliant scoring opportunity on constant basis, so like 9-10 times in a game. Do enlighten me, cause I've never seen one such player in my life.

You are only seeing flashes ?!?
Two honest questions -
- do you watch off-the-ball movement as well? Cause in last few games where he has played, he has done some serious closing down and tracking back
- in those flashes he created maybe 3 best chances we had the whole game. Please, do name me a midfielder in EPL who does not do this in flashes but puts his team strikers into brilliant scoring opportunity on constant basis, so like 9-10 times in a game. Do enlighten me, cause I've never seen one such player in my life.
I'm glad you asked him this ,about off the ball. Its why his comment about changing his mind after watching the highlights (which he then rowed back on) was very illuminating.

If football matches lasted 60minutes he would easily be one of the best players in the league.

Problem 1 is when he goes off we don’t have the same type of player to replace him.

And the other problem is football matches don’t last 60 minutes.

You are retarded.
Poor form to call someone retarded off the back of an opinion on a footballer.

As for the point made, about Jose driving him to the airport himself, I’m not sure that’s too far off reality. Tanguy has the ability to be the best player in the league, but doesn’t seem to have the fitness. And any improvement in his fitness is slight if anything.

Does that sound like a player Jose would like? Doesn’t to me. He wants big handy bastards that will play through injury and run for 90 minutes.

I’m 100% keep Tanguy, but could see why Jose may not be as keen as I am.

If we could get £40-45m now for him, I think his feet wouldn't touch the floor and Jose would drive him to the airport himself tbh (if the money men deemed that an agreeable amount).

It honestly wouldn't surprise (the possibly ENIC-cynical) me if Jose's under a bit of pressure to get him in the side to protect his value which has brought this metamorphosis to an attacking midfielder.

Even though he has seemed to have looked significantly more interested since around the City game and certainly more than his first year or so here, I'm still only seeing flashes of it and that's when he's been shoehorned into this attacking role, I at least have seen a bit more workrate out of him, and that was one of my biggest gripes.

Although in saying that this workrate is usually in the first half, which brings me to my other massive gripe with him, his physical fitness. He is in there to create (now) and he pretty much always has a better first half than a second (and significantly we seem to be losing something in the latter parts of games lately...🤔 Creativity is still a bit of an issue in the side IMO).

His boiler bursts and his drop off in the 2nd half of games is noticable, usually dependent on his application to that point and the amount of running he's had to do, he gets tired and weakens and then his brain slows down and he runs out of ideas and usually gets the shepherd's crook (much to the lament of the over-boring fan boys who fawn over him every time he sticks out his massive arse and turns someone as tbf he does so adeptly).

For someone to play the role he's being asked to, he doesn't want the ball enough IMO, he hides. Personally I'm still not completely convinced, but he has undoubted ability.

Honestly if you swapped say someone like an (interested!) Eriksen for him we'd likely be a far better side IMO...and I was far from an Eriksen fan boy tbh.
Such crap is foul worthy.

Back
Top Bottom