Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeh Davies is really average almost as average as Virgil Van Dijk.
Ahhhh as sure as Messi or Hitler will come up to prove a non point, here comes VVD

You think we have a top 4 squad right here, right now, as we stand.

Let that sink in before you try taking the piss out of anyone else.
We have 3 players who could start for the teams currently in the top 4, and two of them would need to find form first.

Ahhhh as sure as Messi or Hitler will come up to prove a non point, here comes VVD

You think we have a top 4 squad right here, right now, as we stand.

Let that sink in before you try taking the Pisa out of anyone else.
We have 3 players who could start for the teams currently in the top 4, and two of them would need to find form first.

No we don’t, we have a poorly coach team underperforming with a few weaknesses at CB.

When Jose left Chelsea they where 10th, following season Conte got them 1st with pretty much the same squad. We don’t have much in the way of attacking patterns, we looks clueless.

Jose bought a load of players in the summer, he was backed by Levy, he’s been shit.

No we don’t, we have a poorly coach team underperforming with a few weaknesses at CB.

When Jose left Chelsea they where 10th, following season Conte got them 1st with pretty much the same squad. We don’t have much in the way of attacking patterns, we looks clueless.

Jose bought a load of players in the summer, he was backed by Levy, he’s been shit.
So as you keep running like everyone else when I ask, list all the top 4 players in our squad.

Because in another argument the very same people are there telling me that Kane has been poor because he is surrounded by shit.

Cake and eat it springs to mind.

So is Kane surrounded by top 4 quality now?
Away you go, name them all

So as you keep running like everyone else when I ask, list all the top 4 players in our squad.

Because in another argument the very same people are there telling me that Kane has been poor because he is surrounded by shit.

Cake and eat it springs to mind.

So is Kane surrounded by top 4 quality now?
Away you go, name them all

who could be top 4 or used by top 4 teams. well Kane, Son, Ndombele, Lloris, Lo Celso, Regulion, Bale, PEH for starters would easily stand a chance of breaking into most teams, City would be the least but all the rest would take them.

Lo Celso has had injuries issues this season so I accept on him missing.

So you’ve named 7 players out of 26 that would “easily stand a chance” of getting into a top 4 side (minus City) and claim we have a top 4 squad.

One of those players is Lloris, that’s really desperate stuff.

I am talking about the first 11. We can look at the Chelsea and United squads and see shit players.

I am talking about the first 11. We can look at the Chelsea and United squads and see shit players.
Depends doesn’t it, maybe they’re not shit players and the table is a reflection of that

Maybe we just aren’t as good as we think we are. It’s not just coincidence or hate when other teams fans don’t look at Son and automatically say he’s better than Firminho or Kane is better than Rashford.

Maybe it’s just true

Depends doesn’t it, maybe they’re not shit players and the table is a reflection of that

Maybe we just aren’t as good as we think we are. It’s not just coincidence or hate when other teams fans don’t look at Son and automatically say he’s better than Firminho or Kane is better than Rashford.

Maybe it’s just true

start of the season other teams where scared when they knew we had a front three of Bale, Kane and Son, perhaps on paper the strongest in the league yet here we are.

Jose has failed, most people on this forum after the window would have agreed we had around the 3-5th strongest team overall yet we are 9th. It’s a joke.

start of the season other team where scared when they knew we had a front three of Bale, Kane and Son, perhaps on paper the strongest in the league yet here we are.

Jose has failed, most people on this forum after the window would have agreed we had around the 3-5th strongest team overall yet we are 9th. It’s a joke.
Our players have been inconsistent for five years. Teams were scared, now they don’t even bother marking Kane.
Its why we never win anything. Inconsistent, soft, no leadership and lack a winner’s mentality.

Probably what Jose was referring to about problems he can’t fix, he’s a coach not a shrink. He bought in Hojberg, a massive plus, but his failure has been to bottle stripping the silent twins of their captaincy and giving it to the one fighter in the middle of the pitch

Our players have been inconsistent for five years. Teams were scared, now they don’t even bother marking Kane.
Its why we never win anything. Inconsistent, soft, no leadership and lack a winner’s mentality.

Probably what Jose was referring to about problems he can’t fix, he’s a coach not a shrink. He bought in Hojberg, a massive plus, but his failure has been to bottle stripping the silent twins of their captaincy and giving it to the one fighter in the middle of the pitch

5 years, we came in the top 4 four times, we are not shit. We have a manager with an attack heavy squad who doesn’t know how to coach attacking football. We have a Ramos>Redknapp situation.

The player hasnt changed, what has changed is his positioning. The deeper he plays the lesser of a player he becomes. Playing in a double pivot is simply not his best position.

The best we can get with the current squad is hoping GLC gets fit and possibly playing a 4-3-3 with both GLC and Ndombele ahead of PEH

Barca, PSG, Man City, Juventus I think have all been linked with him for at least double that. I wonder if they know more about footballing valuations than you or me?
Linked that much we have not recieved any concrete offers for him.
Let us see in the summer if this changes I have my doubts.

Just for the craic..how much could we sell him for?
What team would want him?
Just for argument's sake forget the fact that his wages are £220k pw or close.

So you’ve named 7 players out of 26 that would “easily stand a chance” of getting into a top 4 side (minus City) and claim we have a top 4 squad.

One of those players is Lloris, that’s really desperate stuff.
We’re not playing all 26 players at once sammy, rules have changed since you last played football in 1890.

Just for the craic..how much could we sell him for?
What team would want him?
Just for argument's sake forget the fact that his wages are £220k pw or close.
I think he'd get at least what we paid for him right now. I want him to stay at least another season though- if he bosses it he'll be 80m+ and have 2 years left on his deal for us to make a smart sale this time, if we actually have to. I'd love if he wanted to play for Spurs his whole career, but doesn't really seem like the case right now. If we get a positive attacking manager in though with a style that Ndombele enjoys, then who knows?

Sooooo we don’t have a top 4 squad
Like I said

I mean the match day squad is 20 players.....can’t even name a first 11 top 4 but we’ve got a top 4 squad?

How’s this work?
Put it this way. We have 7 players out of a starting 11 who are top 4 quality. That should be more than enough to build the core of this team.

I don’t know if there’s any other team in this league bar Man City who can say all their 20 players are top 4 quality.

Back
Top Bottom