Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think Tanguy is suited for Jose style football where he needs to put a lot of effort on defense. he's clearly a wizard in a lot of areas. it's jose's job to figure out how to best utilize a players talent rather than force him into a style of play that so clearly doesn't suit a player.
Why do you talk so much shit?
The best players always work hard in games and in training that is what makes them good players.

Even at a cheaper price he has been a waste of money IMO.

Should have bought another 3 or 4 Hojbjergs tbh.
I don't want to be too harsh because I was delighted with the signing at the time but at Spurs you just know he'll just end up hanging around like Lamela has, If it's a club that actually wins things then players like Ndombele are either fucked off or pushed down the pecking order for new arrivals after 2 years of not quite cutting it.

I don't want to be too harsh because I was delighted with the signing at the time but at Spurs you just know he'll just end up hanging around like Lamela has, If it's a club that actually wins things then players like Ndombele are either fucked off or pushed down the pecking order for new arrivals after 2 years of not quite cutting it.
If we get rid too quick, it looks like Daniel made a mistake.

United dropped almost £200m net in the last 2 seasons. We're never going to compete until the squad is refreshed, we are lagging behind a bit in terms of actually changing the squad up compared to most of the other teams in the league.

Recruitment is still more about money and value/resale than quality/suitability IMO.

Why do you talk so much shit?
The best players always work hard in games and in training that is what makes them good players.
That's where you and I disagree. I think Tanguy does A LOT for 45-60 minutes and tires because he's doing a shitload during those 45-60 minutes. We simply don't have other players around him to share the workload.

A few years ago, we had Dembele AND Eriksen AND prime Dele to control the MF and they had quality all around them. Eriksen back then was considered world class and was worth 70-80 million+. Do you think that Eriksen would have been able to walk on to this team and do substantially more than what Ndombele has been doing for a full 90 week in week out? I highly doubt it.

Tanguy is working with FAR less.

If we get rid too quick, it looks like Daniel made a mistake.

United dropped almost £200m net in the last 2 seasons. We're never going to compete until the squad is refreshed, we are lagging behind a bit in terms of actually changing the squad up compared to most of the other teams in the league.

Recruitment is still more about money and value/resale than quality/suitability IMO.
Ego plays a part as well it seems look at the Rose situation FFS.

Even at a cheaper price he has been a waste of money IMO.

Should have bought another 3 or 4 Hojbjergs tbh.
Really wanted us to sign Tanguy. Was happy we did. But its looking more and more like hes not suited to the league and hence not suited to us. Dont want 3-4 hojbergs though. Need to improve the first team. We dont need more average or below average players. Fewer Winkses, Sissokos, Dier, Davieses, Doherties and Hojbergs required.

That's where you and I disagree. I think Tanguy does A LOT for 45-60 minutes and tires because he's doing a shitload during those 45-60 minutes. We simply don't have other players around him to share the workload.

A few years ago, we had Dembele AND Eriksen AND prime Dele to control the MF and they had quality all around them. Eriksen back then was considered world class and was worth 70-80 million+. Do you think that Eriksen would have been able to walk on to this team and do substantially more than what Ndombele has been doing for a full 90 week in week out? I highly doubt it.

Tanguy is working with FAR less.
As I have said many times Ndombele would not have got in that team.
Please do not class Ndombele and Eriksen one is a donkey and one is a player who produced season after season with goals and assist.
He also worked hard for the team as his stats showed game after game.

Really wanted us to sign Tanguy. Was happy we did. But its looking more and more like hes not suited to the league and hence not suited to us. Dont want 3-4 hojbergs though. Need to improve the first team. We dont need more average or below average players. Fewer Winkses, Sissokos, Dier, Davieses, Doherties and Hojbergs required.
Maybe he’s suited to a squad with shape and an attacking plan.

As I have said many times Ndombele would not have got in that team.
Please do not class Ndombele and Eriksen one is a donkey and one is a player who produced season after season with goals and assist.
He also worked hard for the team as his stats showed game after game.
And what happened to eriksen's performance when we lost Demebele, Dele started to decline and our team generally started to deteriorate? yes, we were all collectively hoping he'd fck off.

We as a team faded away in the second half. I really don’t think it’s a matter of his fitness/attitude issues at all, he tried all he could, he pressed, he dropped deep, he tackled and so on. The team was set up like shit and we lost control of any possession.
The whole fucking team is lacking in fitness, as far as I can tell. I think that's a big part of the reason we are shit in the second half of games.

The whole fucking team is lacking in fitness, as far as I can tell. I think that's a big part of the reason we are shit in the second half of games.
We've played the most games of any team in world football this season. Ndombele has played in nearly every match, I'm sure he's absolutely knackered.

His fitness is still an issue at time, but he's regularly been playing 90 minutes for us and gets the shit kicked out of him every match. He was on the receiving end of a couple of nasty tackles today.

I agree it would be better if he could play deeper into games but his fitness HAS improved this year.

Back
Top Bottom