Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Athletic:

Starting with the first of those elements, Tottenham’s players have enjoyed his sessions, which are said to have felt like a step up in intensity from Jose Mourinho’s. This has been a relief to those in the squad who felt like they were underworked under Nuno’s predecessor.

And although the last couple of weeks have very much been a case of him just getting started and focusing almost exclusively on fitness work, the intensity of those sessions meant some of his squad had to sit out Saturday’s friendly. “It’s been a hard week of training sessions,” Nuno explained.
If we back him with just two top signings and bin six or so, he might have a chance. Literally anyone will be a big improvement on Jose - almost impossible to not get an additional 10 points min

do these guys fucken fall out of love with football? only explanation for how a 'world class' player could let himself go.... not having to worry about where your next meal comes from doesn't provide the spark to fall back in love unfortunately
I think its more a case that they get paid obscene amount of money and know they will be paid it for the duration of their contract even if they phone in their performances.

These guys make millions in the space of a few months.

There is no incentive for them to put in the effort if they don't want too, I think all sporting pay should be largely supplemented based on performance but never going to happen.

If he isn’t in our top five worst ever signings I’d like to see who is!
ArtyB ArtyB
Off the top of my head, previous record signings Sanchez, Sissoko, Soldado, Lamela, Bent, Paulinho and Rebrov plus the motley bunch of N'Jie, N'Koudou, Fazio, Postiga, Sean Davis, Rasiak, Naughton, Dos Santos. Zokora, Reid...

Edit: How did I forget Janssen....

Off the top of my head, previous record signings Sanchez, Sissoko, Soldado, Lamela, Bent, Paulinho and Rebrov plus the motley bunch of N'Jie, N'Koudou, Fazio, Postiga, Sean Davis, Rasiak, Naughton, Dos Santos. Zokora, Reid...

Edit: How did I forget Janssen....
We didnt spend anywhere near 50 mil on most of them

He's one of our most talented players. I'm pleased to see that Nuno worked him so hard that he had to miss the Orient game. Let's hope he can bring the best out of him.
Meh. I’m not expecting much better. It’s been two years. And he’s not some 19 year old prospect. He’s miles and miles away of justifying his price tag. He’s very talented but that’s only half. The other half is missing.

The talent is undeniable but the lack of motivation is also undeniable and it is hard to imagine that Nuno is the guy that changes that.

There is zero chance that Levy will sell him so we have to hope that something changes in his mindset but hard to see that happening.

It is too bad he didn't make the French team as that might have been a catalyst to get him going, but as it is it is hard to think that he will reach his potential with us.

I was asked for the worst signings...price didn't come into it. Although more than a few were record signings that in todays market would probably be in that bracket.
When accessing the quality of a signing price surely has to come into it

I don't see how Ndombele can be close to one of the top 5 worst signings. Yes he cost a lot but he is at least a very good player.

We have guys that cost a lot but flat out suck.

Sanchez, Janssen, Soldado, Sissoko, Lamela are all recent signings that are clearly much worse and I am sure I am missing others, especially older ones, that suck more as well.

We want Ndombele on the pitch, there are a lot of guys we brought in that we do not.

Yeah, but some signings are so spectacularly shit that it transends their price...Gilberto for instance...

We paid 60m for this guy to be the epicentre of a new Spurs.......

200kpw in wages; no injuries, no summer commitments and he's not even fit enough for the bench in a friendly against a 2nd div team?

......It will be hard to feel much more disappointed in a player.

Last edited:
We paid 60m for this guy to be the epicentre of a new Spurs.......

200m in wages; no injuries, no summer commitments and he's not even fit enough for the bench in a friendly against a 2nd div team?

......It will be hard to feel much more disappointed in a player.
He's on 200m a year? ;) No wonder we are skint.

Back
Top Bottom