Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But he won’t. It will be back to PEH, Skipp and either Winks or if Nuno is feeling extra adventurous Ali. Ndombele will probably be brought on after 80 mins at 2-0 down when the game is already lost.
No, It will be Gil off (having just been subbed on) for Davies in order to try to not lose by 3.

Lol@thinking a journalist's opinion means anything about football.

Sad to try and use the post to have a personal dig at someone's life, my dad died last month too if you want to have a go at using that information to try and somehow be hurtful to someone you don't know.

You're pathetic.

I would also ask for a transfer if I could play like him and got benched for Winks.
When what he should be thinking to himself is ‘fuck me, how on earth have I given them a reason to pick Winks over me’?

The penny is going to have to drop with this lad at some point. No one wanted him. Not a sniff from anyone.

Needs to grow the fuck up.

And yes, he’s very good on the ball.

Also, for the record, I have a combined frustration with both Tanguy and Gio.

Let’s be honest, Lo Celso has been shit too. Nice hair. Tidy little passes. But he’s been completely inconsequential.

It's something I will be looking out for, but I think our CM3 is struggling to cover the width of the pitch, and it doesn't help that none of them have pace. Probably making us very vulnerable to quick switches of play, too.
Its why young though he is Sarr would have helped now. I've said I think Hoijberge is captain material but let me be clear this does not absolve him of responsibility for our short comings. A three of Skipp Dele Hoijberge is too one paced. It also lacks a player with an eye for a forward pass, and better one touch skill. Ultimately I think only one of these players should be in our three. So Starter the their understudy: PHE/ Skipp Sarr/Dele. Has to be either or.
Easily the most talented player in the squad.

Total baller.

Just natural footballing talent - it's all there.

Professionally, he's a shithouse.

Needs to grow up and slot into a more disciplined mindset.

A fully revved up Tango is a game-changer for us, this season.
Bloke has ridiculous control of a football. He is a prick.I get why he kills posters, because its a total waste of ability. But just tell him your playing for a move show the clubs you want out for, why your worth it. He is literally playing 4D chess whilst Winks Skipp PHE struggle with checkers.

Its why young though he is Sarr would have helped now. I've said I think Hoijberge is captain material but let me be clear this does not absolve him of responsibility for our short comings. A three of Skipp Dele Hoijberge is too one paced. It also lacks a player with an eye for a forward pass, and better one touch skill. Ultimately I think only one of these players should be in our evolved three. So Starter the their understudy: PHE/ Skipp Sarr/Dele
Sarr has jets, for sure. First time I watched him, he pulled this recovery run out of the bag.

I've been looking through our first few league games again (the first halves of our games against Watford, City and Wolves), and I have to say that our midfielders frequently look like traffic cones (even against City).

Sarr has jets, for sure. First time I watched him, he pulled this recovery run out of the bag.

I've been looking through our first few league games again (the first halves of our games against Watford, City and Wolves), and I have to say that our midfielders frequently look like traffic cones (even against City).
Excellent and just what we need because if our three get passed round they are not getting back.

Locelso has done even less in terms of impact than N'dombele how he escapes so much criticism amazes me.
It's obvious that Gio's problems have been largely injury-related vs Ndombele's poor work ethic so easy to see why he gets less grief.

I'd also challenge that notion that Ndombele has had more impact. It's marginal at best and Gio tends to be one of our best players whenever he's on the pitch.

It's obvious that Gio's problems have been largely injury-related vs Ndombele's poor work ethic so easy to see why he gets less grief.

I'd also challenge that notion that Ndombele has had more impact. It's marginal at best and Gio tends to be one of our best players whenever he's on the pitch.
No thats not true, its oft repeated but not true. He has had less involvement in the games he was available. Also the dichotomy between he's fit, he is injured is irrelevant. I'm not interested im looking at their impact on games.

Locelso had a few decent games none were particularly outstanding. But hey ho opinions innit. When you consider the choice was between Fernades who was desperate to play for us and Locelso its been a catastrophic choice

Last edited:
No thats not true its oft repeated but not true. He has had less involvement in the games he was available. Also the dichotomy between he's in fit he is injured is irrelevant. I'm not interested im looking at their impact on games. Locelso had a few decent games none were particularly outstanding. But hey ho opinions innit. When you consider the choice was between Fernades who was desperate to play for us and Locelso its be a catastrophic choice

It isn't irrelevant. You asked the question about why one gets more grief than another.... THAT'S why.

Last edited:
Surely there can’t be anybody who thinks £60 odd million for Ndombele was a good piece of business. In 2 and a bit years I’ve heard all the excuses but the reality is he’s a talented lad who has very little interest in playing for Tottenham twice a week.

I’ll tell you what Chelsea will hope he’s playing tomorrow because they know exactly how to deal with him, I can’t think of a good game he’s had against one of the top sides while playing for us.

Back
Top Bottom