Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was Skipp. It was a good pass.
He passed the ball to a £55 million player expecting him to not fall over.

It was not a good pass. He gave it straight back to him while Ndombele was on the move and in an awkward position with Wolves players circling. That's not to say Ndombele couldn't have done better, but it was not a good idea to give him the ball back in that position.

And Ndombele's price tag has nothing to do with it. How many times has Pogba lost the ball? Great talent doesn't make you infallible. He's a player being re-introduced in to the squad who has struggled to make his mark at the club, it isn't Luka Modric.

This is the problem with scapegoating one or two players. We have issues all over the pitch and a good couple of them were involved in the second goal.

It was not a good pass. He gave it straight back to him while Ndombele was on the move and in an awkward position with Wolves players circling. That's not to say Ndombele couldn't have done better, but it was not a good idea to give him the ball back in that position.

And Ndombele's price tag has nothing to do with it. How many times has Pogba lost the ball? Great talent doesn't make you infallible. He's a player being re-introduced in to the squad who has struggled to make his mark at the club, it isn't Luka Modric.

This is the problem with scapegoating one or two players. We have issues all over the pitch and a good couple of them were involved in the second goal.
Fair points but I don't agree that it was a bad pass.

The ref was giving fouls for shoves in the back all game. Ndombele got the pass while covered by two players and went down from a shove in the back. He was fouled, and was laying flat on the ground while the wolves went forward and scored.

Fair points but I don't agree that it was a bad pass.

I don't think it was a terrible one, but nor was it ideal. But it's definitely correct that in that situation Ndombele needs to be sharper, he tries to dwell on it and loses his balance. It's a bad habit and he's far from perfect, I think even his biggest fans know this.

It was Skipp. It was a good pass.
He passed the ball to a £55 million player expecting him to not fall over.
Skipp like double check Tanguy dribbles but it was too much this time :auriergrin:.
Both did a mistake , they are not Xavi / Iniesta for the moment :)

Last edited:
All players make mistakes a bloke said Tanguy bottled the responsibility to attack when Skip gives him a frankly silly pass a simple forward pass from Skipp and we were at Wolves throat. If anything he shirkes the responsibility. And as someone then wisely added 80 million pounds worth of footballer contrive to give away the lead. I don't do fan clubs I support spurs and can see ALL of our players: hiding doing dopey shit and a couple phoning it in. Be they Tanguy N'dombele or Harry Kane.
I don't see how Skipp is at fault there

skipp1.png

1) This is the position when Ndombele plays the ball in to him. Ball to Dele is pretty much blocked or very risky. Basic stuff to play the way you're facing and if he turns and tries to play forward he would be closed down. Ndombele is clearly calling for the ball to be played back in a one-two which is obvious from his movement.

skipp2.png

2) Skipp also sees Ndombele wants the one-two and plays it back to him. Plays it to Ndombele's left side because of Hwang

skipp3.png

3) Ndombele instead shifts his body to take it on his right foot and loses the ball (possibly a foul)

Skipps got players around him too and only reason Ndombele plays it in to him is to get it back but then Ndombele should play a first time ball to romero with his left foot. Think not using his left got him in to trouble because he's a lot more confident on his right. Either that or he tries to shield the ball to win a foul which was not given. If you want to be unhappy about a pass, Gil made a pass about 10seconds before this to Ndombele which was actually a bad pass that could have got us in trouble and Ndombele controlled that brilliantly.

Basically I don't think Skipp's at fault there and Ndombele is just a bit unlucky + good pressing from wolves.
Both should be in our current strongest 11 IMO

I don't see how Skipp is at fault there

skipp1.png

1) This is the position when Ndombele plays the ball in to him. Ball to Dele is pretty much blocked or very risky. Basic stuff to play the way you're facing and if he turns and tries to play forward he would be closed down. Ndombele is clearly calling for the ball to be played back in a one-two which is obvious from his movement.

skipp2.png

2) Skipp also sees Ndombele wants the one-two and plays it back to him. Plays it to Ndombele's left side because of Hwang

skipp3.png

3) Ndombele instead shifts his body to take it on his right foot and loses the ball (possibly a foul)

Skipps got players around him too and only reason Ndombele plays it in to him is to get it back but then Ndombele should play a first time ball to romero with his left foot. Think not using his left got him in to trouble because he's a lot more confident on his right. Either that or he tries to shield the ball to win a foul which was not given. If you want to be unhappy about a pass, Gil made a pass about 10seconds before this to Ndombele which was actually a bad pass that could have got us in trouble and Ndombele controlled that brilliantly.

Basically I don't think Skipp's at fault there and Ndombele is just a bit unlucky + good pressing from wolves.
Both should be in our current strongest 11 IMO
Frozen screen grabs always make me laugh they prove absolutely nothing. A frame later, Skipp can let the ball run across him then play the ball forward. Its a real weakness in our midfield that N'dombele is the only player in our midfield able to see a forward pass. Winks, Skipp, and PEH (who is actually better the other two) need to be better at this. Skipp is doing really well but he is not infallible.

Agree with this and your previous post too mate.

What's important, for now at least, is that without him on the pitch we look really rough and with him and for some prolonged spells we've looked dominant and exciting. There's far more to be positive than negative about. In these spells, everything goes through him.....

E_64cElUYAMY1E0

(the only bad thing about this clip is it doesn't show his two poor phases that were punished, more bias from the producer of the vid no doubt and demonstrates how binary things become when talking about players as if brilliant ones never lose the ball or make mistakes... anyhow)

The positives are simply massively outweighing the negatives right now.

Again bear in mind this was only his 3rd game in 5 months. He didn't have to be fit to play for the dinosaur, no one did. But like Kane they are probably doing their preseason workload via these matches, hence why both played vs Wolves unlike those who had done a pre-season were left out(???? just a theory).

Frozen screen grabs always make me laugh they prove absolutely nothing. A frame later, Skipp can let the ball run across him then play the ball forward. Its a real weakness in our midfield that N'dombele is the only player in our midfield able to see a forward pass. Winks, Skipp, and PEH (who is actually better the other two) need to be better at this. Skipp is doing really well but he is not infallible.
Ndombele letting the ball run across him was what got him in to trouble (or fouled) so just as likely it would have got Skipp in to trouble since Skipp was also under pressure when he got the ball. Maybe have to agree to disagree on this one :tanguythumb:

I agree though that Skipp (and every other player in our squad) are not infallible!

I just watched back Wolves second goal as I was unable to watch the game on Wednesday. I think Skipp pass is a bit difficult but probably the only option under the circumstances, however Tanguy’s been easily dispossessed there. He should have passed it back to our CBs as soon as he got it and not dwell on it. Of course it’s easy to talk how things should have happened from behind the keyboard. Maybe he wasn’t aware of the Wolves player behind him or it was just a brainfart. I don’t know, what I know is that these things can happen to the majority of the players, I don’t understand why you have to obsessively discuss this. The good thing is that we won in the end and hopefully Ndombele learns from this mistake.

Gil’s not really a midfielder. Ideally you play both of them. Between Ndombele, Gil and of course Kane you have a lot of players who can pick a pass. And then in Sonny, Emerson and Reguilon you have players with pace who can make runs to be found by those guys.

That seems like our best XI in possession. Whether that’s a team that can remain solid enough out of possession is a different question.

I know it is totally off the main point of this thread but - what gives you confidence that Royal should be the player making runs and playing on the RB / RWB position ahead of Tanganga? It is early days for Royal and he might grow into this position, but right now I would take Tanganga over Royal every day of the week.

Agree with this and your previous post too mate.

What's important, for now at least, is that without him on the pitch we look really rough and with him and for some prolonged spells we've looked dominant and exciting. There's far more to be positive than negative about. In these spells, everything goes through him.....

E_64cElUYAMY1E0

(the only bad thing about this clip is it doesn't show his two poor phases that were punished, more bias from the producer of the vid no doubt and demonstrates how binary things become when talking about players as if brilliant ones never lose the ball or make mistakes... anyhow)

The positives are simply massively outweighing the negatives right now.

Again bear in mind this was only his 3rd game in 5 months. He didn't have to be fit to play for the dinosaur, no one did. But like Kane they are probably doing their preseason workload via these matches, hence why both played vs Wolves unlike those who had done a pre-season were left out(???? just a theory).

The Mercurial No.10 The Mercurial No.10 still reading my posts, just can't get enough.

Ndombele clearly wanted the one-two with Skipp so there's no way Skipps at fault there. Ndombele makes it awkward by shifting his body and taking it on his right foot instead of playing a left footed pass to Romero. That said, he might be trying to draw the foul and possibly even was fouled so probably just unlucky.

Just so we're on the same page, I'm not suggesting we all blame Skipp for the goal.
What I'm saying is Skipp, Ndombele. Romero, Sanchez and even Tanganga all had opportunities to not make mistakes leading to it. I can't actually fathom why no one is actually angry at how poor Sanchez and Romero were in the build up. There's no way does a quality CB miss that many opportunities to do something about it. Add in the RB.

As an example, could you imagine Ledley in place of Sanchez? He almost certainly wouldn't have screwed up the first tackle but if he did, he'd have made it back for the 2nd one. Imagine a prime Toby or Jan in place of Romero and either one intercepts the pass that was millimetres across the front of him.
Throw in Kyle Walker at RB and, despite people saying he doesn't have a football brain, his sheer speed would have taken him back between the goal and the attacker but JT just sauntered back and never got near it.
And lastly, had Lloris been in goal, he would probably have at least made it harder for the attacker to score.

This was a team goal conceded. Lot's of players contributing.

I'm just shocked he hasn't chosen to do what Bazali Bazali has done and follow me, such high esteem he has for my posting. Makes me feel a little bit sad truth be told, I must put more effort in.
I’m not following you so stop lying

I don’t have any esteem for your posting at all

You’re a bore who somehow believes he’s an expert on football

Not the only one on here tbf but one of the worst

But you’re sad I’ll give you that

Back
Top Bottom