Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was injured until very recently. Would have been foolish to dump him in right from the start. He was very good and didnt get hurt, so he has to start the next game. His dribbling is beautiful to watch.

I just hope to hell that he proves to be the 'messiah' that he's being built up to be..... He's put in a few dubious shifts in the past.

I'm not expecting a revolution; at least before we nail down the perfect partner.

Everyone knows what I think of Dier as a midfielder and have done for a long time, going all the way back to 15/16. It was a poor idea then and it's a fucking poor idea now.

But this is not just Dier. Sissoko was even worse than Dier today. Dier actually received the ball 5 times more than Sissoko first half and Sissoko hid even more than Dier did.

But the real culprit today is Mourinho, as it was Pochettino before him. Assessing these two as viable;e options as a double pivot - despite a fucking comprehensive back catalogue of evidence to the contrary as fucking piss poor management.

The idea that we just swap Dier for Ndombele is misguided tactically.

Ndombele is not a DM, if he comes in he will still need a someone in there as a 6/DM to do the donkey work. At Toulouse he had Tousart or Cheikh for example.

If Mourinho thinks he can play as the 6 he's as misguided as he was when he tried to play Pogba as one or at least in a double pivot.

We need to stop this CM2 madness. Start giving Skipp some time and have two either side of him, preferably Ndombele and Lo Celso both can play football, receive the ball under pressure and play good passes under pressure, but both will also work off the ball too.

If, god forbid, Mourinho's going to play Ndombele in a double pivot, then he's going to need someone braver and fucking busier than Dier or Sissoko next to him.

Everyone knows what I think of Dier as a midfielder

No..... You really should stop and take a moment to tell us in excruciating depth.

There's probably a couple of Eskimo kids that have just stumbled across an old laptop fostering an internet connection via a couple of tin cans and a fishing hook that won't be aware of your take on our CM situation.

Preach forth.... One more time for the baying crowds, Blakey. :pochhail:

......and have done for a long time, going all the way back to 15/16. It was a poor idea then and it's a fucking poor idea now.

But this is not just Dier. Sissoko was even worse than Dier today. Dier actually received the ball 5 times more than Sissoko first half and Sissoko hid even more than Dier did.

But the real culprit today is Mourinho, as it was Pochettino before him. Assessing these two as viable;e options as a double pivot - despite a fucking comprehensive back catalogue of evidence to the contrary as fucking piss poor management.

Ndombele is not a DM, if he comes in he will still need a someone in there as a 6/DM to do the donkey work. At Toulouse he had Tousart or Cheikh for example.

If Mourinho thinks he can play as the 6 he's as misguided as he was when he tried to play Pogba as one or at least in a double pivot.

We need to stop this CM2 madness. Start giving Skipp some time and have two either side of him, preferably Ndombele and Lo Celso both can play football, receive the ball under pressure and play good passes under pressure, but both will also work off the ball too.

If, god forbid, Mourinho's going to play Ndombele in a double pivot, then he's going to need someone braver and fucking busier than Dier or Sissoko next to him.

TL;DR

GLC / Skipp / Ndombele tho', amirite? :angryscouser:

Last edited:
Everyone knows what I think of Dier as a midfielder and have done for a long time, going all the way back to 15/16. It was a poor idea then and it's a fucking poor idea now.

I agree with this in general, other than that Dier when match fit is more than capable of playing as a DM. Yes, he’s limited and IMO his biggest weakness is when he is pressed he will easily make a mistake (which is an issue for this position). Yes, there are other DM’s who are better on the ball, as proved by Wanyama when he joined us. But Dier has proved his place as a solid (not progressive) DM.

I get why Dier is being selected as he’s not going to get match fit by sitting on the bench. But by selecting Sissoko next to him is clearly an absolute disaster and even we’re Dier fully match fit we would still be struggling to gain control of the midfield.

It is truly worrying that José is persisting with this, and by that I mean selecting Sissoko. Sissoko’s one talent is he can take the ball upfield in transition and have oppo players bounce off him as he ungraciously runs up the pitch with the ball bouncing off his shins.

Right now we are seeing Jose hasn’t got a clue, Poch was genuinely stuck for options, as at some point every player that could have been selected as CM/DM. Was injured at some point with the exception of Skipp, who he did play but did get over run when selected (not because he was shit but because he’s young and whoever else was next to him was compromised by not being fully fit or not the right skillset).

Deeply unimpressed by Jose so far.

SURELY Jose can see now that Dier needs to come out this team. Sissoko can drop into DM, and for Christ sake LET NDOMBELE PLAY. I was pleased when Jose hauled off Dier, and then he brought on Eriksen?? This team is crying out for Ndombele in midfield.

SURELY Jose can see now that Dier needs to come out this team. Sissoko can drop into DM, and for Christ sake LET NDOMBELE PLAY. I was pleased when Jose hauled off Dier, and then he brought on Eriksen?? This team is crying out for Ndombele in midfield.

This doesn't really make any sense.

Why remove Dier only to play someone else, who's scared of the ball, in DM?

Not only that but someone who lacks positional discipline. We are usually so overexposed in midfield because of Sissoko going walkies.

Mourinho literally said Sissoko isn't a CM so it's confusing that he keeps playing him there. We simply eithern:

Continue playing Dier as a DM but get Ndombele in there with someone else and play a midfield 3.

Put Winks back in the DM role short term.

Be brave and play Skipp.

This doesn't really make any sense.

Why remove Dier only to play someone else, who's scared of the ball, in DM?

Not only that but someone who lacks positional discipline. We are usually so overexposed in midfield because of Sissoko going walkies.

Mourinho literally said Sissoko isn't a CM so it's confusing that he keeps playing him there. We simply eithern:

Continue playing Dier as a DM but get Ndombele in there with someone else and play a midfield 3.

Put Winks back in the DM role short term.

Be brave and play Skipp.

Agree, get Ndombele into midfield and Sissoko on the wing for Moura. That's my take.

I think Dier will stay but not with Sissoko who Jose has already said is not a cm. With Son out he has the option of either playing Sess as a straight replacement or moving Sissoko further forward.

Back
Top Bottom