Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to stop this CM2 madness. Start giving Skipp some time and have two either side of him, preferably Ndombele and Lo Celso both can play football, receive the ball under pressure and play good passes under pressure, but both will also work off the ball too.
I would be happy to drop Dele Alli. But Mourinho cannot get enough of him and he doesn't fit into a 4-3-3.

Agree, get Ndombele into midfield and Sissoko on the wing for Moura. That's my take.
Sissoko is a crap winger too though. IMO Sissoko should never start matches. He should be a utility option on the bench to bring on if we need to add a bit of physicality to a game. He should never be a tactically important part of the first 11. Never.

You'd have left Dier on?

Yesterday yes, as bad as he was and as much as I never want to see him starting, I’d still rather see him anchor the CM3 than Sissoko - who IMO was even more of a problem in that midfield than Dier was yesterday. He was hiding from the ball even more than Dier was.

I don’t want either of them in our midfield. But my quick fix solution yesterday would have been to just have Dier anchoring a pair of 8’s - let them play the football. Sissoko can’t do either job in a midfield.

Yesterday yes, as bad as he was and as much as I never want to see him starting, I’d still rather see him anchor the CM3 than Sissoko - who IMO was even more of a problem in that midfield than Dier was yesterday. He was hiding from the ball even more than Dier was.

I don’t want either of them in our midfield. But my quick fix solution yesterday would have been to just have Dier anchoring a pair of 8’s - let them play the football. Sissoko can’t do either job in a midfield.
I thought our tactical shift at the beginning of the second half was working well until Son lost his cool again.

I thought our tactical shift at the beginning of the second half was working well until Son lost his cool again.

It couldn’t really be any worse, and Eriksen gave us at least a bit of “football” capability through midfield, but I thought Chelsea just shelled their two goal lead as much as anything and we’re pretty comfortable.

Despite his one chug into their box in 45 minutes, I thought Sissoko’s hiding from the ball and positional lack of awareness when they had it were even bigger issues than Dier’s impression of a remote control tank.

It pinned their fullbacks and evened things up in midfield, where it had been a 4 v 3 in their favour.

I honestly don’t think they came out with the intention of attacking us, committing forward and pressing us high up as they did in the first 45, so it’s efficacy was pretty moot.

Edit
Or hard to weigh up in that context. For me.

You can't and won't see past your fucking nose.

No, what I’m struggling to see past the fucking dogs dinner that Mourinho made of the first 45. Picking a CM2, and one consisting of a shit player he’s already said isn’t a CM and a player who’s constantly looked shit every time he’s picked him.

We need to stop this CM2 madness. Start giving Skipp some time and have two either side of him, preferably Ndombele and Lo Celso both can play football, receive the ball under pressure and play good passes under pressure, but both will also work off the ball too.

Spot on, IMHO.

My spurs mates and I all think this. Have done for some time. The last Bayern game was almost comical in regards to Skipp vs Dier and skillset.

What do Poch and Jose know that we don't? Are they being contrarian to prove some sort of point or are we all just a bunch of morons?

Spot on, IMHO.

My spurs mates and I all think this. Have done for some time. The last Bayern game was almost comical in regards to Skipp vs Dier and skillset.

What do Poch and Jose know that we don't? Are they being contrarian to prove some sort of point or are we all just a bunch of morons?
Tbf thats a very short midfield, no one even being 6ft...
We will be physically dominated in the air in that area of the park.

Tbf thats a very short midfield, no one even being 6ft...
We will be physically dominated in the air in that area of the park.

Well Chelsea dominated our two giant zombies yesterday with 5ft6 Kante and 5ft 8 Kovacic. Wolves the week before Moutinho 5ft 6 and Neves 5 10. The week before that Thiago 5.8, Kimmich 5.9 and Coutinho 5.7 played us off the park.

Is this really a thing now? We are worried about our CM's being better at head tennis than football ?

Ndombele is 5.11 by the way. Taller than all the above.

Back
Top Bottom