Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK, i've seen these videos last for ten minutes and they're padded out with goal celebrations and shit...but this almost twenty minutes long with virtually no padding!!!! This guy will be giving opponents fucking nightmares, get too close and he'll trick his way past you, stand off him and watch a laser guided through ball go by...His feet are incredible it almost looks as if he's hitting the ball by accident, but it happens too often to not be deliberate, I could say more but I think I need a cold shower to calm down...

OK, i've seen these videos last for ten minutes and they're padded out with goal celebrations and shit...but this almost twenty minutes long with virtually no padding!!!! This guy will be giving opponents fucking nightmares, get too close and he'll trick his way past you, stand off him and watch a laser guided through ball go by...His feet are incredible it almost looks as if he's hitting the ball by accident, but it happens too often to not be deliberate, I could say more but I think I need a cold shower to calm down...

His decision making and passing in the final third is pretty good as well, he could definitely become one of the best midfielders in the league under Poch, £55m might be a steal even.

I am not putting a dampener on this, I think he will be immense .... however Kieta looked like he was made for this league and it took him most of the season to put a decent performance in for dippers. I hope people give him a bit of time to bed in as expectations are sky high at the moment,

(I actually hope he takes the league by storm and pisses it).

Soldado should have succeeded. Why he didn't? I don't know.

We didn’t play to his strengths. He thrived on low balls from the flanks. That was his strength. He’d find the perfect position and sweep home when the right ball came home. I thought Soldado was a brilliant signing until I saw how we were going to use him.

Ironically he’d do brilliantly with Rose and Trippier playing as they do now.

We didn’t play to his strengths. He thrived on low balls from the flanks. That was his strength. He’d find the perfect position and sweep home when the right ball came home. I thought Soldado was a brilliant signing until I saw how we were going to use him.

Just goes to show there are no sure signings... there are risks with every player.

why buy a player then try to change what he does so well ?

When you watch the videos, it's easy to fall in love with his skills. His touch when dribbling is really incredible.

However, I think anybody that thinks he is a sure thing is kidding themselves. I would characterize him as high risk, high reward. He might absolutely be a monster player for us....like best midfielder in the PL kind of player. But he could also easily be a total bust. You never want to hear about a player that he was known for having a weak work ethic or for only showing up for big games, but both these charges have been leveled at Ndombele. It's not at all far-fetched to see him clashing with Poch.

If he buckles down and really puts in the work and meets the demands of the club that he come ready every practice session to train incredibly hard and every game to put in maximum effort, I think very good things will probably come. But it's a big if! And even then, you just never know, as discussed above with Soldado. Or a player like Aurier, where the concerns seemed to be 100% off the field and everybody assumed his on-the-field product would be fine....well his on-field product hasn't been great....he just wasn't the player we thought he was I guess.

So anyway, I'm excited for Ndombele. But I'm tempering my excitement with the knowledge that there's a very wide range of possible and even probably outcomes here.

Last edited:
Dunno why but as I was reading this Soldado suddenly came to mind, what a fucking trauma that was.
If it was a trauma for you, try to imagine what it was like for him. Failing players get a certain look in their eyes, don't they. It's a mixture of stress, loneliness and deep sorrow.

Ndombele has stated that he's looking forward to rising to the challenge of Tottenham. He reckons it's just what he needs. Let's hope it's not just talk. I want him to settle in like Lucas did, but I'm not sure they're the same types.

When you watch the videos, it's easy to fall in love with his skills. His touch when dribbling is really incredible.

However, I think anybody that thinks he is a sure thing is kidding themselves. I would characterize him as high risk, high reward. He might absolutely be a monster player for us....like best midfielder in the PL kind of player. But he could also easily be a total bust. You never want to hear about a player that he was known for having a weak work ethic or for only showing up for big games, but both these charges have been leveled at Ndombele. It's not at all far-fetched to see him clashing with Poch.

If he buckles down and really puts in the work and meets the demands of the club that he come ready every practice session to train incredibly hard and every game to put in maximum effort, I think very good things will probably come. But it's a big if! And even then, you just never know, as discussed above with Soldado. Or a player like Aurier, where the concerns seemed to be 100% off the field and everybody assumed his on-the-field product would be fine....well his on-field product hasn't been great....he just wasn't the player we thought he was I guess.

So anyway, I'm excited for Ndombele. But I'm tempering my excitement with the knowledge that there's a very wide range of possible and even probably outcomes here.
But then you get a player like Sissoko, for all intents a total bust, but knuckled down and got there in the end...Soldado just didn't have that strength of character, something that Ndombele has, he was dead and buried at Guingamp a few seasons ago but look at him now...

Surely we should have graphic artists working on this

Tanguy's face on Napoleon, Other EPL midfielders faces on the guy drinking the can.

Tagline "You know when you've been Tanguyed"

You'll like this one that was sent to me then. A good comparative analysis of Ndombele against other midfielders in Ligue 1, the PL and at Spurs:

Last edited:

Reminds me of me :llorishowudoin:

Back
Top Bottom