Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s contradicting because “NO excuse” means that Kane and Son missing shouldn’t matter, so lacking their quality can’t possibly be part of any excuse. How is that not obvious to you?

We should have been better against Burnley etc.......but as you see with Dele being a completely shit CF, we have a perfectly valid excuse for not winning the game, despite creating 13 shots.
Two were on target......not having our two biggest goal threats is an excuse for not being better in THAT area.
You said there was “no excuse”.
There is, despite the fact we should have played better in other areas.

Jose hasn’t brainwashed me at all. I have zero problem laying into him and have done.

Not signing a short term striker
Playing Dier CB when we have 4
Not playing Dier at DM
Not intergrating Parrot
Not playing Skipp DM
Not making early changes anymore

I don’t have messiahs, my only concern is what’s best for the club.
That’s why I was the only person saying drop Kane two years ago as it was best for the club, for him, and for our TWO back up strikers to get games.

Nope, you all got what you wanted from Poch, and this right now is his legacy, not Jose’s.

Okay, so it's just nitpicking. You can have your way, there is an excuse. The mighty FC Kane is pretty blunt without it's Kane

Okay, so it's just nitpicking. You can have your way, there is an excuse. The mighty FC Kane is pretty blunt without it's Kane
Kane, Son, Sissoko.....not a bad spine.
Adjusting to a whole new back line without Rose and integrating an unfit Davies.
Dier not been 100% fit and only recently showing signs of full fitness, now Bergwijn out.....
Lucky the season is dead as far as I’m concerned but maybe you think playing Utd would have been a breeze.

It’s not nitpicking to say injuries have affected us, just like it was claimed they affected Poch and it wasn’t his fault we were shit because he wasn’t backed with replacements

Kane, Son, Sissoko.....not a bad spine.
Adjusting to a whole new back line without Rose and integrating an unfit Davies.
Dier not been 100% fit and only recently showing signs of full fitness, now Bergwijn out.....
Lucky the season is dead as far as I’m concerned but maybe you think playing Utd would have been a breeze.

It’s not nitpicking to say injuries have affected us, just like it was claimed they affected Poch and it wasn’t his fault we were shit because he wasn’t backed with replacements

As far as I'm concerned the season could be a write off at the moment we sacked Poch. So for the new manager I would say playing United would be valuable experience, despite the personnel avaiable. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Mourinho is mixing things up tactical- and/or personnel wise.

If he can't work with the squad before he's had a pre-season and a summer TW, I would claim we should have saved his wages until the summer, just having King and Mason take a role as Caretaker managers

As far as I'm concerned the season could be a write off at the moment we sacked Poch. So for the new manager I would say playing United would be valuable experience, despite the personnel avaiable. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Mourinho is mixing things up tactical- and/or personnel wise.

If he can't work with the squad before he's had a pre-season and a summer TW, I would claim we should have saved his wages until the summer, just having King and Mason take a role as Caretaker managers
Jose needed what was left of this season to build up his excuse making fitness.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Mourinho is mixing things up tactical- and/or personnel wise.
Unfortunately in the situation we are limited there.
Other than playing Dier at DM and using Parrot up top and dropping Dele completely, I’m not really sure what massive tactical changes we can make.

We are almost equally shite whoever plays and whatever formation, while one area of the pitch might improve, another suffers.

You want to go back to the Poch sacking as a turning point but overlook him taking us into a relegation battle while now we sit 7th?

Maybe the problems started with the rigid implementation of the diamond last January, and the manager picking his favourites in the clubs biggest game, and talking about how he’d leave if we actually won it.

One thing Poch never gave this team was a winning mentality and fitness.
Jose can’t fix that in the time he’s had.

The shit we are seeing is a small percentage Jose fault, on match day, but a huge bi product of the shambles he took over.

Other than playing Dier at DM and using Parrot up top and dropping Dele completely, I’m not really sure what massive tactical changes we can make.

We are almost equally shite whoever plays and whatever formation, while one area of the pitch might improve, another suffers.

You want to go back to the Poch sacking as a turning point but overlook him taking us into a relegation battle while now we sit 7th?

Maybe the problems started with the rigid implementation of the diamond last January, and the manager picking his favourites in the clubs biggest game, and talking about how he’d leave if we actually won it.

The shit we are seeing is a small percentage Jose fault, on match day, but a huge bi product of the shambles he took over.
Give Jose £500m and 10 years to fix Poch's mess it's only fair.

No I’d just give him a pre season and a season, never said any different.

Poch was given 450M and 5.5 years, and actually took us backwards despite a good CL run.
Sammy

2 people are each given money to go out and buy fruit. They will be scored on how tasty, sexy and pretty their fruits are. They will be given awards for apples, bananas, oranges etc.

Person A gets a few hundred quid.
Person B gets a few quid.

Person A goes out and buys the most expensive fruits. And lots of them. If some are a little off or for whatever reason taste funny there are plenty more.

Person B has to spend less. He/she knows that if they go all out on an apple, they might not have enough for bananas and organges etc. So they have to be more smart with their money.
Person B also will have less volume of fruit coming in. So it will be more noticeable when certain fruits go off or don't quite develop.
Person B also due to funds has to take risks on a few cheap punts, there's no money leftover for gauranteed successes. Better to buy a dodgy banana that may come good than not have one at all. If the banana turns out shit you can't really use it in your fruit salads.

Person A beats Person B with their fruit.
And then says to them, "but you had money to spend you just didn't buy wisely".

Just getting that out of the way before you try to justify Levy being a stingy greedy cunt who left Poch with an ageing underinvested squad.

The "Poch had money but didn't spend well" argument is a popular one for the retards who cant analyse beyond a superficial level.

Sammy

2 people are each given money to go out and buy fruit. They will be scored on how tasty, sexy and pretty their fruits are. They will be given awards for apples, bananas, oranges etc.

Person A gets a few hundred quid.
Person B gets a few quid.

Person A goes out and buys the most expensive fruits. And lots of them. If some are a little off or for whatever reason taste funny there are plenty more.

Person B has to spend less. He/she knows that if they go all out on an apple, they might not have enough for bananas and organges etc. So they have to be more smart with their money.
Person B also will have less volume of fruit coming in. So it will be more noticeable when certain fruits go off or don't quite develop.
Person B also due to funds has to take risks on a few cheap punts, there's no money leftover for gauranteed successes. Better to buy a dodgy banana that may come good than not have one at all. If the banana turns out shit you can't really use it in your fruit salads.

Person A beats Person B with their fruit.
And then says to them, "but you had money to spend you just didn't buy wisely".

Just getting that out of the way before you try to justify Levy being a stingy greedy cunt who left Poch with an ageing underinvested squad.

The "Poch had money but didn't spend well" argument is a popular one for the retards who cant analyse beyond a superficial level.
Ok this fruit stuff, let’s talk players.
How much has Jose spent at Spurs, or are we judging his spending at other clubs?

Not sure how that affects us?
Your analogy is rubbish.
Or shall I go back and talk about how Pochs era at Espanyol ended in almost identical circumstances to his spurs era? He’s learned nothing in 11 years.

What’s superficial and retarded about saying that Poch spent 450M largely on players he decided to dump?
Or weren’t good enough? It’s quite true.
He just spent 89M on Ndombele and Sessegnon as his parting gift.....

You want to compare Pochs time here and Jose’s?
Let’s go then.
Poch 5 years won fuck all
Jose five five months won fuck all

That’s about it really.

He is our most expensive player. He is not the first most expensive player to find it difficult at first. We judge the most expensive player higher or expect more. I remember when Martin Chivers arrived. He was not liked, we had Greaves & Gilzean who were hero's. It took him a while to settle but look at his record now. Sissoko was also the same but despite his clear deficiencies is now liked by many. I remember going to see Spurs shortly after Gazza arrived and a Supporter known to me at the time said watch how little he actually gets the ball. No numerous stats to point that out in those days but he was right. He hardly influenced that game but clearly had talent when he got the ball.
I had no prior knowledge of Ndombele and based on what others are saying, we will not see him running around even when fit but clearly he has talent when on the ball. I hope he uses this period of inactivity to get truly fit and get to know his colleagues in training and that when football returns he is a lot better than he has been so far. He could provide key passes to our attackers when we have some but will always be a luxury player. Whether there is space for him and Dele in the same team I doubt.

Ok this fruit stuff, let’s talk players.
How much has Jose spent at Spurs, or are we judging his spending at other clubs?

Not sure how that affects us?
Your analogy is rubbish.
Or shall I go back and talk about how Pochs era at Espanyol ended in almost identical circumstances to his spurs era? He’s learned nothing in 11 years.

What’s superficial and retarded about saying that Poch spent 450M largely on players he decided to dump?
Or weren’t good enough? It’s quite true.
He just spent 89M on Ndombele and Sessegnon as his parting gift.....

You want to compare Pochs time here and Jose’s?
Let’s go then.
Poch 5 years won fuck all
Jose five five months won fuck all

That’s about it really.
Ffs you ignore every point or make zero effort to learn

Can't be arsed repeating you are exhausting. Do you find it hard to keep eye contact and read facial impressions?

Some valid points made, but Jose can do a lot. First thing, if the remainder of the season is a write off (obviously before covid-19), then stop playing Vertonghen if he's not getting a new deal. Get Sessegnon, Parrott and Skipp up to speed so they can play a part next season.

The most important thing Jose should do, is move the line of engagement further forward. We are leaking goals despite a routined defence and goalie. It doesn't matter how many Lindelöfs or Baillys he buys, there will always be a problem when you invite the oppos into own penalty box.

In the Leipzig game, I don't know where our defenders were going, but apparently nowhere near the oppos. You can almost hear the instructions "Deeper, deeper, deeper, don't stop till you trip over the goal line". A simple cut-back pass to Werner...

5764109550117ae52c786ace08be1c2a7bd4f3334ecd859255c6d1bdeab503059cf3b0b9.jpg

Laughable. Circus clowns are watching in envy and are struggling getting as much comedy into their acts

Some valid points made, but Jose can do a lot. First thing, if the remainder of the season is a write off (obviously before covid-19), then stop playing Vertonghen if he's not getting a new deal. Get Sessegnon, Parrott and Skipp up to speed so they can play a part next season.

The most important thing Jose should do, is move the line of engagement further forward. We are leaking goals despite a routined defence and goalie. It doesn't matter how many Lindelöfs or Baillys he buys, there will always be a problem when you invite the oppos into own penalty box.

In the Leipzig game, I don't know where our defenders were going, but apparently nowhere near the oppos. You can almost hear the instructions "Deeper, deeper, deeper, don't stop till you trip over the goal line". A simple cut-back pass to Werner...

Laughable. Circus clowns are watching in envy and are struggling getting as much comedy into their acts
This picture is what I noticed. Loads of defenders in a line against a line if their players with no midfield in sight.

Awful defending.

Hugo was screaming at them to get out just before Sabitzer pulled the trigger.

During the game i was screaming at winks as he was the 1 who forgot to stand there .. situations like this happens a lot to us and i think it because we dont have a good positional DM .
skipp can make do for us for now IMO ( he was good VS norwich )

Back
Top Bottom