Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some valid points made, but Jose can do a lot. First thing, if the remainder of the season is a write off (obviously before covid-19), then stop playing Vertonghen if he's not getting a new deal. Get Sessegnon, Parrott and Skipp up to speed so they can play a part next season.

The most important thing Jose should do, is move the line of engagement further forward. We are leaking goals despite a routined defence and goalie. It doesn't matter how many Lindelöfs or Baillys he buys, there will always be a problem when you invite the oppos into own penalty box.

In the Leipzig game, I don't know where our defenders were going, but apparently nowhere near the oppos. You can almost hear the instructions "Deeper, deeper, deeper, don't stop till you trip over the goal line". A simple cut-back pass to Werner...

5764109550117ae52c786ace08be1c2a7bd4f3334ecd859255c6d1bdeab503059cf3b0b9.jpg

Laughable. Circus clowns are watching in envy and are struggling getting as much comedy into their acts
They have 5 on 4, and we don't have a midfielder anywhere in the picture.

Some valid points made, but Jose can do a lot. First thing, if the remainder of the season is a write off (obviously before covid-19), then stop playing Vertonghen if he's not getting a new deal. Get Sessegnon, Parrott and Skipp up to speed so they can play a part next season.

The most important thing Jose should do, is move the line of engagement further forward. We are leaking goals despite a routined defence and goalie. It doesn't matter how many Lindelöfs or Baillys he buys, there will always be a problem when you invite the oppos into own penalty box.

In the Leipzig game, I don't know where our defenders were going, but apparently nowhere near the oppos. You can almost hear the instructions "Deeper, deeper, deeper, don't stop till you trip over the goal line". A simple cut-back pass to Werner...

5764109550117ae52c786ace08be1c2a7bd4f3334ecd859255c6d1bdeab503059cf3b0b9.jpg

Laughable. Circus clowns are watching in envy and are struggling getting as much comedy into their acts

You've picked one of the best examples of what a fucking shambles we are right now in recent weeks.

I actually mentioned this exact moment in the match thread, it was utterly bizarre. Dier, Tanganga and Aurier just retreated into the box and paid absolutely no attention to the opposition at all. And where was the midfield ? It was fucking farcical.

I get that Dier has to combine providing some cover to TA in case their guy goes past him, but he has to stay in touch with Werner too, and the other two just follow Dier back.

Now normally, I do not expect quick miracles from new coaches, in fact I'm generally suspicious of them, and I get that any coach, no matter their methodology, needs time to work.

But we didn't hire some young whizz kid on an embryonic career trajectory, we hired one of the world's most successful coaches and made him one of the three best paid coaches in world football, we did this because we assumed there wouldn't be 18 months of waiting for a philosophy to take shape etc, we did this because Mourinho supposedly brings a level of coaching and tactical expertise that is unrivalled in the game right now and we hoped he would be able to have some immediate impact.

We wanted Red Addair, we seemed to have got a twisted fire starter.

Kane is shit because this photo shows he’s trying to shoot but the ball hasn’t reached him yet

I get the point you're trying to make but that's a pic with great technique. Good follow through, ankle locked, plant foot pointing towards target, right arm coming down whilst left knee comes up. Chest over hips. Head down, eyes clearly were on the ball and not looking up at goal.

Those stills of defensive actions however show something that should not have occured at all.

I get the point you're trying to make but that's a pic with great technique. Good follow through, ankle locked, plant foot pointing towards target, right arm coming down whilst left knee comes up. Chest over hips. Head down, eyes clearly were on the ball and not looking up at goal.

Those stills of defensive actions however show something that should not have occured at all.
But the ball has already passed him and he’s kicked the air

Please prove otherwise

The second thing that struck my mind was that.

The first was “are people really judging a passage of play from a photo?”
I was screaming about that very thing during the game
Obviously you are probably going to say "you would say that" but yes that's what was frustrating me the most. We dont have a midfield seemingly through choice.

Do you experience difficulty interpreting what others are thinking or feeling? Or have trouble interpreting facial expressions, body language, or social cues?
Not at all.
Do you know the exact passage of play that led to that pic from the Leipzig game though?
Do you know for a fact we wasn’t on the back foot after losing the ball in midfield?

You know for a fact that lining up in that is a tactic?
For the hard of hearing:

And there it is.
What I see is:
Lo Celso and Winks lose possession for no good reason on the halfway line.

The defence return to their positions doing everything they should.

Sadly, they expected some support from midfield but Winks and Lo Celso couldn’t be fucked.
Then I saw Lo Celso prancing around not making a challenge, Sessegnon doing nothing, Winks doing nothing and Dele making a last ditch tackle attempt that failed.

So while shit all round, the still photo does not in any way scream:

LOOK AT HOW JOSE TOLD THE BACK 4 TO STAND IN A LINE!!!!!!!!

Really weird that people actually look at that video and blame the defence and manager.

Not at all.
Do you know the exact passage of play that led to that pic from the Leipzig game though?
Do you know for a fact we wasn’t on the back foot after losing the ball in midfield?

You know for a fact that lining up in that is a tactic?

And there it is.
What I see is:
Lo Celso and Winks lose possession for no good reason on the halfway line.

The defence return to their positions doing everything they should.

Sadly, they expected some support from midfield but Winks and Lo Celso couldn’t be fucked.
Then I saw Lo Celso prancing around not making a challenge, Sessegnon doing nothing, Winks doing nothing and Dele making a last ditch tackle attempt that failed.

So while shit all round, the still photo does not in any way scream:

LOOK AT HOW JOSE TOLD THE BACK 4 TO STAND IN A LINE!!!!!!!!

Really weird that people actually look at that video and blame the defence and manager.

How the fuck do you see Lo Celso and Winks losing possession? They never had possession.

Possession is lost by Dier aimlessly hoofing a ball he could easily have just tapped to Winks who was three yards away from him in space.

(Which is funny, because RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK posted plenty of that in the Burnley game - even second half - you get the theme?)

Is this you “watching football” because if it is, it explains a lot of the fucking gibberish you spout.

Then, having given the ball away, their player actually does pass it, they are now on a counter. Now watch as Dier just runs back not once looking or glancing at the opposition players around or in front of him (behind the direction he’s running) he ends up in fucking no man’s land - along with the other two fools - and a shot that would easily have been saved by Lloris gets cannons off him back to their player who scores.

The midfield were effectively taken out of that sequence by Dier’s aimless hoof.

How the fuck do you see Lo Celso and Winks losing possession? They never had possession.

Possession is lost by Dier aimlessly hoofing a ball he could easily have just tapped to Winks who was three yards away from him in space.

(Which is funny, because RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK posted plenty of that in the Burnley game - even second half - you get the theme?)

Is this you “watching football” because if it is, it explains a lot of the fucking gibberish you spout.

Then, having given the ball away, their player actually does pass it, they are now on a counter. Now watch as Dier just runs back not once looking or glancing at the opposition players around or in front of him (behind the direction he’s running) he ends up in fucking no man’s land - along with the other two fools - and a shot that would easily have been saved by Lloris gets cannons off him back to their player who scores.

The midfield were effectively taken out of that sequence by Dier’s aimless hoof.
Dier hoof? It was a shit pass and Dier misplaced it and lost possession.
After Toby got his foot to it, Lo Celso and Winks did nothing to actually win a the ball.

You seem very content with the efforts of our midfield in that clip.
Don’t complain we are shit then if that’s what you like to see.
When Dier is in CM, it’s always his fault for the defence.
When Dier is CB, the midfield are just fine right.

Dick

At 8:30. Dier has so much time and yet the best idea he has is to lump it like fat idiot. There's two guy in front of him he could easily have passed to. In the end, its down to tactics. I want Jose to succeed, but with shit like this , he will fail.
You should be allowed to lose possession on the halfway line with 7 men around the ball ffs

Dier hoof? It was a shit pass and Dier misplaced it and lost possession.
After Toby got his foot to it, Lo Celso and Winks did nothing to actually win a the ball.

You seem very content with the efforts of our midfield in that clip.
Don’t complain we are shit then if that’s what you like to see.
When Dier is in CM, it’s always his fault for the defence.
When Dier is CB, the midfield are just fine right.

Dick

So where did you see “Winks and Lo Celso lose possession for no good reason”?

They didn’t, did they? Dier fucking did. Then decided to mark Lloris.

That was just 60 seconds of you “watching football”, no wonder you fucking struggle with 90 minutes.

Last edited:
So where did you see “Winks and Lo Celso lose possession for no good reason”?

They didn’t, did they? Dier fucking did. Then decided to mark Lloris.

That was just 60 seconds of you “watching football”, no wonder you fucking struggle with 90 minutes.

If you are happy with what Lo Celso and Sessegnon, Winks did in the sequence then don’t complain that we are utter shit, because for me that’s EXACTLY why teams walk through us.

Not because the defence gets caught on the back foot.

I got it wrong about who lost possession. That was on Dier. But after that we had ample opportunity to win the ball back.

The back line actually did what they were supposed to.....which is why the ball had to go BACKWARDS for them to score.

When it did, we needed a midfield. They were not present, and when they did turn up, with Sessegnon they were atrocious.

That goal was not bad tactics, and it wasn’t on the defence. The ball was lost in THEIR half ffs

Back
Top Bottom