Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good luck to him, he will do well with Barcelona. This club isn’t ready for anything good. The fans don’t have any patience, they want “plug and play” players.

I think we should sell him and invest in more players like Winks and Dier. Imagine Winks, Dier, Declan Rice with the likes of Toby and old Jan behind them, Alli and Lucas ahead of them. We'd be going places. Places like Milwall, Forest, Wigan etc.

Given how very little Tanguy has shown this season I would be tempted to sell, especially if we recoup all the money we paid out.While I agree that he has shown glimpses of mercurial talent there is something about his attitude/demeanour that sets alarm bells ringing.His lack of fitness/physicality also concerns me.If he puts in another disappointing season we would be left with an unsaleable player whose massive wages would not only drain Club resources but would also potentially upset/destabilise the rest of the squad.Yes it could turn out to be a huge mistake to let him go, but on balance I believe that to be unlikely.

can't see us recouping anything near what we paid for him, so we either lose £20m on his transfer fee +the wages we have paid him, or we look at making him into the player we thought we were buying
for me the question has to be why did we buy him ? he must have had that running style, build, & attitude in france, another player who had 1 good season and we paid big money for him (think Janseen not big money but £20M & wages down the toilet)

can't see us recouping anything near what we paid for him, so we either lose £20m on his transfer fee +the wages we have paid him, or we look at making him into the player we thought we were buying
for me the question has to be why did we buy him ? he must have had that running style, build, & attitude in france, another player who had 1 good season and we paid big money for him (think Janseen not big money but £20M & wages down the toilet)
Another triumph for our scouting dept.

Ndombele is a talented player and we will struggle to replace him. He has to improve some things about his game and overall fitness, but selling now would be so shortsighted.

If we do sell, then my confidence in Jose would essentially plummet.

Selling a guy because he has struggled with fitness and injuries in his first season in the Premier League seems...short-sighted, to be diplomatic.

If he wants to leave then by all means, although there has been no indications that this is the case. Any real offers the club would have this summer will still be sitting there in 2021.

Another big problem people are forgetting about Tanguy is his pay. I cannot believe we are giving him the same amount as Kane. If he stays, every player will need a pay raise. If not, they will want to leave to other clubs. But of course, if he miraculously turns it around next season by changing his body type and his play style, what we pay him now might be enough. I hope he is the latter. If not, then end of next season, not only will we have to sell him for a net loss, Kane, Son, and Dele will all wish to leave as well.

I think I would rather see him stay on at Spurs next season and try to prove himself than just sell him in the next window.
Obviously whether Mourinho wants to give him another opportunity or possibly more importantly if Levy is keen to accept an offer that gets Spurs their money back will be the decisive factors.

If we get our money back sell him asap.It has never been a talent problem the problem has been his application something he has had issues before.The man is lazy and that I am afraid will not change

Petit thinks Jose was right in calling Ndombele not so petite...
I agree.

“When he wakes up every morning he needs to ask the same question, ‘Am I doing the best I can?’
Well I'm glad we have the Woolwich opinion on the matter covered.

Well I'm glad we have the Woolwich opinion on the matter covered.

Petit may have been scum, but he was a ridiculously talented player who I never saw put less than 100% in any game I happened to watch. Ndombele should maybe take what a player who lifted the World Cup after scoring in the final says onboard. He earned his wages.

Almost exactly the type of player our midfield are currently crying out for tbh.

Petit may have been scum, but he was a ridiculously talented player who I never saw put less than 100% in any game I happened to watch. Ndombele should maybe take what a player who lifted the World Cup after scoring in the final says onboard. He earned his wages.

Almost exactly the type of player our midfield are currently crying out for tbh.
Or counterpoint fuck Petit.

If we get our money back sell him asap.It has never been a talent problem the problem has been his application something he has had issues before.The man is lazy and that I am afraid will not change

Its been seen a hundred times before with plenty of other players. What should be being asked is who scouted him and who thought it was a good idea to buy him. Because at the moment it looks like neither person should be still in their jobs (I'm assuming one isn't).

Back
Top Bottom