Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pound for pound our worst signing for many a year £55+ million and £200 grand a week yet some of you fucking idiots want to give him more time. No wonder Harry is thinking about moving on when this disgrace of an athlete is on the same wage has him. Fucking criminal

Pound for pound our worst signing for many a year £55+ million and £200 grand a week yet some of you fucking idiots want to give him more time. No wonder Harry is thinking about moving on when this disgrace of an athlete is on the same wage has him. Fucking criminal

Reality is I don't think you can discard such an expensive player that quickly, plus he has got quality - I think we'd agree on that at least. I'd persevere for one more season, unless Barca are really serious with the offer they will put on the table. I think that's rather unlikely at the moment, for all sorts of reasons!

Yes he has quality but not the heart and work rate to be even a half decent midfield player. Get as much money back as we can because if we keep him another season the loss will be massive. All the talent in the world but no drive and desire he is a disgrace.

This is getting very annoying but it's so interesting how some of your minds work.

So Tanguy is a guy who has made it through youth football, and then in Ligue 1 (call it a farmer's league but it's still producing some of the best players in the world) and performed very well in the champions league against elite opposition. He is not only passing and dribbling well but playing good defensively.

He gets a big move to what's considered the best league in the world. He's 23 with his best years ahead of him.

Now a whole bunch of retards genuinely believe Tanguy has suddenly adopted a new mentality. Something like: "Oh nice I've got my contract. I'm going to relax now. No need to develop any further. I hit and past my peak at Lyon last year aged 22. And oh yeah I realised that it turns out that I actually don't really like running lol!"

Maybe.. just maybe the following factors may play a part-

New league. Pace of the prem is much different. Not easy to adapt. There have been numerous players who have taken a season to settle.

New country. New settings. New language. Away from friends and family (or at least some). Not easy.

New teammates. Takes a while to get on the same page. Now consider we are a team paying the price for severely underinvesting for years. Our squad has detoriated and now we're relying on a new signing to undo a whole load of shit and clean up mess made by the pricks at the top.

Injuries. Adjusting to a new faster league is harder when you suffer injuries. Try building fitness when injured. Try doing that when you're rushed back and your manager is throwing you under the bus for knowing your own damn body and limits.

New manager. New instructions. Or lack of. Doesn't help when he's a cunt who deflects blame. Point to his success and I will point out how long ago it was, how much money it took and also tales of Salah/KdB who are 2 of the best prem players EVER.

God forbid you actual brain dead fucks ever have to analyse anything beyond the surface.

And even considering all thing, Tanguy has done some lovely stuff for us. Few goals and assists. Sexy turns and dribbles. If you have zero hope you are blind. Comparisons to previous "flops" fail because even now Tanguy is putting up crazy numbers (best CM dribbler in Europe ffs).

I seriously don't get why from a footballing perspective any fan would want him sold. Technically the things he does are beautiful. Why the fuck would you not root for him? Makes me think you twats not only know nothing about actual football but don't care for it. Like your here for the fun tribal shit, social aspect, Spurs brotherhood etc. We have a player with a wizard abilities. Aesthetically when on song it is a delight. Why would you want some other cunting team to enjoy that delight and not us?

It's much easier to learn fitness than technical ability. Remember how Lamela reinvented himself? He did it so well most of us have forgotten that he was a serie A lightweight luxury player type winger who then became our best presser under Poch.

Anyway stop being dumb guys.

This is getting very annoying but it's so interesting how some of your minds work.

So Tanguy is a guy who has made it through youth football, and then in Ligue 1 (call it a farmer's league but it's still producing some of the best players in the world) and performed very well in the champions league against elite opposition. He is not only passing and dribbling well but playing good defensively.

He gets a big move to what's considered the best league in the world. He's 23 with his best years ahead of him.

Now a whole bunch of retards genuinely believe Tanguy has suddenly adopted a new mentality. Something like: "Oh nice I've got my contract. I'm going to relax now. No need to develop any further. I hit and past my peak at Lyon last year aged 22. And oh yeah I realised that it turns out that I actually don't really like running lol!"

New league. Pace of the prem is much different. Not easy to adapt. There have been numerous players who have taken a season to settle.

New country. New settings. New language. Away from friends and family (or at least some). Not easy.

New teammates. Takes a while to get on the same page. Now consider we are a team paying the price for severely underinvesting for years. Our squad has detoriated and now we're relying on a new signing to undo a whole load of shit and clean up mess made by the pricks at the top.

Injuries. Adjusting to a new faster league is harder when you suffer injuries. Try building fitness when injured. Try doing that when you're rushed back and your manager is throwing you under the bus for knowing your own damn body and limits.

New manager. New instructions. Or lack of. Doesn't help when he's a cunt who deflects blame. Point to his success and I will point out how long ago it was, how much money it took and also tales of Salah/KdB who are 2 of the best prem players EVER.

God forbid you actual brain dead fucks ever have to analyse anything beyond the surface.

And even considering all thing, Tanguy has done some lovely stuff for us. Few goals and assists. Sexy turns and dribbles. If you have zero hope you are blind. Comparisons to previous "flops" fail because even now Tanguy is putting up crazy numbers (best CM dribbler in Europe ffs).

I seriously don't get why from a footballing perspective any fan would want him sold. Technically the things he does are beautiful. Why the fuck would you not root for him? Makes me think you twats not only know nothing about actual football but don't care for it. Like your here for the fun tribal shit, social aspect, Spurs brotherhood etc. We have a player with a wizard abilities. Aesthetically when on song it is a delight. Why would you want some other cunting team to enjoy that delight and not us?

It's much easier to learn fitness than technical ability. Remember how Lamela reinvented himself? He did it so well most of us have forgotten that he was a serie A lightweight luxury player type winger who then became our best presser under Poch.

You are a good poster and I like you.

Most if not all Spurs fans know and appreciate the above points you have just made.

The main problem is his mentality, Jose pointed out that in the press. He may be an excellent player, atm he is luxury player the team can not accommodate. But I am one of who wants to give him time.

You are a good poster and I like you.

Most if not all Spurs fans know and appreciate the above points you have just made.

The main problem is his mentality, Jose pointed out that in the press. He may be an excellent player, atm he is luxury player the team can not accommodate. But I am one of who wants to give him time.
I hear you bro.

But I think we should be real careful in how we analyse his mentality.

For example if you are running and it feels like something in your thigh or groin is going to snap and with each stride you feel a sharp pulling sensation. Naturally you'll slow down, or at least conserve effort if you must play. I've personally had injuries that the GP, Xray machine and MRI machine couldn't spot (thankfully a lovely physio did and I've since fixed). To the outside world you'd look lazy. If your team are in a bad spot you look even worse, like you won't fight for the cause.

I accept that I don't know for a fact what exactly the problem is. But I don't think we should assume Tanguy's mentality is the problem until we have learned more. And importantly I also don't think we should rely on Jose's word.

TN has talent: massively obvious. I don’t think we should sell him yet, nor do most fans I believe. However there ARE question marks about his mentality that pre-date his time with us. Fair to give him time but also to ask a few questions.

He has been called out by a manager who is a proven winner at every club he has been at.Please open your fucking eyes he will not make it at Spurs unless his attitude changes dramatically he does not have that win at all costs mentality

Mourinho wins things and given time and the players he wants will win things with us. The biggest problem with Spurs are fans like you who are prepared to accept second or third best

No doubt this season has been a bit of a clusterfcuk for TN, but hopefully he will get another season to prove himself or otherwise.
Whether Mourinho sees it that way is another question.

Last edited:
Mourinho is not the forgiving type. He'll be out the door fast

We cannot afford to flush a £65m signing away after one bad season, nobody will offer a decent fee after what he's shown this season. We have no choice but to persevere and hope he shapes up.

It's all up to him. He has access to the best training facilities in the world, one of the most decorated managers in the history of football and the captain of France is also his club captain, there are no excuses for him. Does he want to work hard or not? Only hard work can make him suitable for English football.

His value is going down with each piss poor performance he produces. Do many fans actually go to live games and watch this mans lack of effort? But some of you want to give him more chances Fucking unbelievable

Back
Top Bottom