Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really? I remember how talented he was and how much more he could have been if he just changed his attitude but that's what separates the great players from the good ones.
That's exactly what he said...?
Anyway let's hope Ndombele is gone by September and we get a replacement who actually wants to play.

The example of Son is regularly cited, difficult first season but then came good. Son had a good attitude and work ethic from the start though.

Ndombele has looked like trouble since the day he arrived here. It’s a damning indictment of Pochettino and our scouting system really. If you’re smashing the club transfer record to the tune of £60 million, there shouldn’t be many question marks. The player should be hitting the ground running Day 1. Sick and tired of all this guff about how he’s a bit precious and will need a few years to get up to speed. That’s all fine if it’s some 18-19 year old home grown academy players. The level of investment in Ndombele has been huge and it’s unacceptable the level to which he has been a flop.

The example of Son is regularly cited, difficult first season but then came good. Son had a good attitude and work ethic from the start though.

Ndombele has looked like trouble since the day he arrived here. It’s a damning indictment of Pochettino and our scouting system really. If you’re smashing the club transfer record to the tune of £60 million, there shouldn’t be many question marks. The player should be hitting the ground running Day 1. Sick and tired of all this guff about how he’s a bit precious and will need a few years to get up to speed. That’s all fine if it’s some 18-19 year old home grown academy players. The level of investment in Ndombele has been huge and it’s unacceptable the level to which he has been a flop.

I don't know enough about his personality but the manager has treated him like he has AIDS. We had 8 league games in just over a month and he never started him once. Jose obviously doesn't fancy him at all so the sooner he leaves and we get someone who can actually contribute the better.

There's a massive amount of speculation going on about what the player wants or doesn't want, is or isn't like, and what the club wants or doesn't want.

Don't let the tabloids fill your brains with junk. Try to trust only facts you can verify.

He's had fitness issues in his first season. That encompasses both general fitness levels and injuries (the two of which are at least somewhat related).

He's had trouble adjusting to a new country, evidenced by a person making a ridiculous amount of money living with a roommate - his national teammate.

He's went through a coaching change in his first season. And these coaches have vastly different (and in fact) opposite coaching tactics AND management styles.

A world wide pandemic hit in the same tumultuous season.

So can we just breath a bit?

I don't know enough about his personality but the manager has treated him like he has AIDS. We had 8 league games in just over a month and he never started him once. Jose obviously doesn't fancy him at all so the sooner he leaves and we get someone who can actually contribute the better.
He hasn’t deserved to start.
If you can’t make this midfield better, then you aren’t very good.

There's a massive amount of speculation going on about what the player wants or doesn't want, is or isn't like, and what the club wants or doesn't want.

Don't let the tabloids fill your brains with junk. Try to trust only facts you can verify.

He's had fitness issues in his first season. That encompasses both general fitness levels and injuries (the two of which are at least somewhat related).

He's had trouble adjusting to a new country, evidenced by a person making a ridiculous amount of money living with a roommate - his national teammate.

He's went through a coaching change in his first season. And these coaches have vastly different (and in fact) opposite coaching tactics AND management styles.

A world wide pandemic hit in the same tumultuous season.

So can we just breath a bit?

I wonder if people felt the same about Njie, Nkoudou, Jansssen, Gedson or Stambouli?

Oh no that’s right, your bleeding hearts and fake compassion is all so very selective isn’t it.

The fucking state of some of you...... Levy and ENIC are shit.....but Ndombele is a proper class signing that needs time......

Now he’s shit because there’s a pandemic

:goonermong:

I wonder if people felt the same about Njie, Nkoudou, Jansssen, Gedson or Stambouli?

Oh no that’s right, your bleeding hearts and fake compassion is all so very selective isn’t it.

The fucking state of some of you...... Levy and ENIC are shit.....but Ndombele is a proper class signing that needs time......

Now he’s shit because there’s a pandemic

:goonermong:

All those players got more time than one season, except gedson.

And I haven't written off gedson either.

A pandemic that throws the world into turmoil negatively impacts literally every single human being alive. You think that doesn't extend to footballers? What's wrong with you?

A pandemic that throws the world into turmoil negatively impacts literally every single human being alive. You think that doesn't extend to footballers? What's wrong with you?
Ndombele was shit from day one, half a year before Corona so there’s a thought

Stambouli got 450 PL minutes and one season
Njie got 184 PL minutes and one season
Nkoudou got 320 PL minutes over three years
Janssen got 800 PL minutes over three years
Ndombele has 1000 PL minutes in one season

Care to review your statement?

As I said, fake bleeding hearts, fake compassion.
Just a bunch of fake selective bullshit to be honest. Sickens me.

Ndombele was shit from day one, half a year before Corona so there’s a thought

Stambouli got 450 PL minutes and one season
Njie got 184 PL minutes and one season
Nkoudou got 320 PL minutes over three years
Janssen got 800 PL minutes over three years
Ndombele has 1000 PL minutes in one season

Care to review your statement?

As I said, fake bleeding hearts, fake compassion.
Just a bunch of fake selective bullshit to be honest. Sickens me.

I'll retract the first two, assuming you're correct. For some reason I thought they got two seasons.

I'm on principle against only giving players one season.

So many reports linking him away now. Find it ridiculous that we’re being linked with a 31 year old as part of a swap deal.

The only player we’re being linked to who I’d take is Škriniar (from Inter). Solid CB and would mean we could get rid of Foyth. But to suggest Levy is going to take a big hit on Ndombele when he has 5 years left in his contract is laughable.

But if he has another season like this one next time out he will be worth even less. Realistically from what we’ve seen of him it’s more likely to go that way than him be a success. I think we will need to weigh that up.

ArcspacE ArcspacE
Here’s some of my thoughts from that game.....I didn’t mention Ndombele, as it was his debut, but knowing my thoughts on Eriksen I think it’s pretty damming that I did at no point see Ndombele as making the difference that day

Eriksen making a difference with one cross already
Eriksen made a difference here massively fair olay
Horrible horrible game until Eriksen came on....he gave balance to the team and suddenly everyone around him had a role.

Sissoko went back central and looked good again, and the midfield gained a shape and purpose.

Massive question marks for me over Pochettino and the first 70 minutes though.
A decent team and we’re finished there today.

Cannot be relying on one player so heavily, and he needs to start moulding others into a holding role.

Has our record signing been pictured in any of the promotional work for the new kits?

When was the last time he gave an interview to the club media channels?

He was poor from the start. There was a bit of chat about him a few months back and the only really decent performance from him that his cheerleaders could cite for something close to 90 miNutes Was in the 2-2 draw at Carrow Road against bottom of the table Norwich at Christmas.

There’s too many ifs and buts with him. He’s a luxury player. Maybe the Chavs or the two Manchesters can carry a £60 million luxury player. We certainly can’t.

Back
Top Bottom