Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are lots of posts on me slagging him off for his fitness problems. He’s still not over that despite the great performances. So I stand by that.
Stand by anything you want to, but did you want the club to sell him? I noted many disgusting comments about him (not you). The jokes about his weight issues were childish in the extreme. I took a long break from this place when that was going on.

Last edited:
goat GIF

I think this should be a lesson for some fans on this forum. A lot of people had written him off but time and again it has been shown that some players need time to adapt to this league especially when coming from the French and Dutch leagues.

As for his performances, he's been a monster, potentially world class. He just sucks players in and has the skill and composure to pull a faint, get by his man, and pull off a key pass. The assists he's made this year so far, I don't believe anyone, other than maybe Kane could have made them in our team. Probably the most exciting player in the team to watch purely because he seems to do the unexpected on a consistent basis. I really think he can play with GLC, especially against the smaller teams. GLC will get him the ball quicker and probably in areas with more space because no one marks Sissoko and Hoijberg. Very excited to see how the season plays out for him!

Weird how he still can’t complete 90 minutes though isn’t it?

Seems a long time coming. His impact in games is great but why won’t his fitness improve. We are 2 months into the season. He should be able to complete 90 minutes by now to a high standard.

I sense the concern is not to break him given the intense fixtures schedule..... We are essentially juggling him & Gio's fitness in a tandem effort, because if one pulls up long term we're kinda fucked.

I think it's smart management tbh....

I find him the most interesting player in a Spurs shirt in quite a few years.

It’s not that he’s the best player, I just find him stylistically very interesting, and he’s just creativity itself.

He is very effective, has a body swerve as good as Chris Waddle and always looks to play forward. For that first goal I don’t think anyone else on the pitch, Kane aside, could have created the opening in that manner. Did well

Of course you do.
If he was as shite this season as he was last, and not making the bench, why keep him?

Dele was also a generational talent. Means nothing unless you try though.
Never once thought he wasn't trying. Problems are less binary than modern times like to make them. People are nuanced but real talent (I also don't agree with you that Dele Alli was a generational talent) is by its nature mercurial, we obviously perceived things very differently, which as I say is cool. Never brought into the narratives punted here, as why he was a dud, or a waste of money or lacking effort or application. Happy to be proven as right about this as I was wrong about Hoijberge limitations.

Never once thought he wasn't trying. Problems are less binary than modern times like to make them. People are nuanced but real talent (I also don't agree with you that Dele Alli was a generational talent) is by its nature mercurial, we obviously perceived things very differently, which as I say is cool. Never brought into the narratives punted here, as why he was a dud, or a waste of money or lacking effort or application. Happy to be proven as right about this as I was wrong about Hoijberge limitations.
I’m over the moon I was wrong about Ndombele being able to turn it around, but that’s point.
He turned it around.

The player he was last season isn’t welcome here, so those isolated flashes of brilliance would mean very little without his application over the summer and this season.
Running around is part of football.

You can’t play it standing around waiting for the ball, or being spent after 20 minutes, so all the talent in the world is not worth keeping if the player can’t apply it regularly in games, for whatever reason.

As for Dele, his first season at 18yrs old eclipsed anything Ndombele has done so far, so I’m not sure why you wouldnt call him a generational talent.
His attitude ruined him, not his lack of of talent.

Back
Top Bottom