Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People expecting him to be Yaya Toure or Roy Keane, it won't happen. He's a baller and needs players around him to make runs and do some of the things he's not so good at.

He's also the one midfielder we have who's natural instinct is to move the ball forward.

If the manager trusted him to play in his correct position that would be a start.

Our approach to the game is killing him, if we had most of the ball he would have less defensive duties and could produce a lot more offensively. It's just stupid when you use the best creative players of your team to defend when they could be setting up chances or scoring.

Our approach to the game is killing him, if we had most of the ball he would have less defensive duties and could produce a lot more offensively. It's just stupid when you use the best creative players of your team to defend when they could be setting up chances or scoring.

Reminds me of when Pochettino would put Dembele on the wing.

If we could get £40-45m now for him, I think his feet wouldn't touch the floor and Jose would drive him to the airport himself tbh (if the money men deemed that an agreeable amount).

It honestly wouldn't surprise (the possibly ENIC-cynical) me if Jose's under a bit of pressure to get him in the side to protect his value which has brought this metamorphosis to an attacking midfielder.

Even though he has seemed to have looked significantly more interested since around the City game and certainly more than his first year or so here, I'm still only seeing flashes of it and that's when he's been shoehorned into this attacking role, I at least have seen a bit more workrate out of him, and that was one of my biggest gripes.

Although in saying that this workrate is usually in the first half, which brings me to my other massive gripe with him, his physical fitness. He is in there to create (now) and he pretty much always has a better first half than a second (and significantly we seem to be losing something in the latter parts of games lately...🤔 Creativity is still a bit of an issue in the side IMO).

His boiler bursts and his drop off in the 2nd half of games is noticable, usually dependent on his application to that point and the amount of running he's had to do, he gets tired and weakens and then his brain slows down and he runs out of ideas and usually gets the shepherd's crook (much to the lament of the over-boring fan boys who fawn over him every time he sticks out his massive arse and turns someone as tbf he does so adeptly).

For someone to play the role he's being asked to, he doesn't want the ball enough IMO, he hides. Personally I'm still not completely convinced, but he has undoubted ability.

Honestly if you swapped say someone like an (interested!) Eriksen for him we'd likely be a far better side IMO...and I was far from an Eriksen fan boy tbh.

If we could get £40-45m now for him, I think his feet wouldn't touch the floor and Jose would drive him to the airport himself tbh (if the money men deemed that an agreeable amount).

It honestly wouldn't surprise (the possibly ENIC-cynical) me if Jose's under a bit of pressure to get him in the side to protect his value which has brought this metamorphosis to an attacking midfielder.

Even though he has seemed to have looked significantly more interested since around the City game and certainly more than his first year or so here, I'm still only seeing flashes of it and that's when he's been shoehorned into this attacking role, I at least have seen a bit more workrate out of him, and that was one of my biggest gripes.

Although in saying that this workrate is usually in the first half, which brings me to my other massive gripe with him, his physical fitness. He is in there to create (now) and he pretty much always has a better first half than a second (and significantly we seem to be losing something in the latter parts of games lately...🤔 Creativity is still a bit of an issue in the side IMO).

His boiler bursts and his drop off in the 2nd half of games is noticable, usually dependent on his application to that point and the amount of running he's had to do, he gets tired and weakens and then his brain slows down and he runs out of ideas and usually gets the shepherd's crook (much to the lament of the over-boring fan boys who fawn over him every time he sticks out his massive arse and turns someone as tbf he does so adeptly).

For someone to play the role he's being asked to, he doesn't want the ball enough IMO, he hides. Personally I'm still not completely convinced, but he has undoubted ability.

Honestly if you swapped say someone like an (interested!) Eriksen for him we'd likely be a far better side IMO...and I was far from an Eriksen fan boy tbh.
You are retarded.

The Mercurial No.10 The Mercurial No.10 is one of the biggest bitches on this forum.

Tanguy is doing very well. He would do even better if he was played deeper and we didn't look to bypass the midfield with cowardly tactics. We fucking bus park and then every time he gets the ball he usually has to dribble a guy (or 3). How about sustaining possession and having players moving. Drake no face.jpeg?

The people knocking him should just find another sport they don't get football. The little possession we get percentage wise is almost all him god knows what our keeping the ball would look like with out him. Funny thing is I guarantee if he got a few taps in the next three games, it would change the entire opinions of the same people they'd be calling him world class
It's a game of opinions init. I do reject that I 'don't get football' because I'm not convinced we've gotten our moneys worth.

Looking at the highlight reel in fairness he was actually pretty good in the first half though.

Perhaps a bit of perspective and manners needed from a few in this thread.

The Mercurial No.10 The Mercurial No.10 is one of the biggest bitches on this forum.

Tanguy is doing very well. He would do even better if he was played deeper and we didn't look to bypass the midfield with cowardly tactics. We fucking bus park and then every time he gets the ball he usually has to dribble a guy (or 3). How about sustaining possession and having players moving. Drake no face.jpeg?
He has to work far harder in the gym and in matches for him to become even half the player some of you claim he is.
The Mercurial no10 has probably forgot more about football than you will ever know.

It's a game of opinions init. I do reject that I 'don't get football' because I'm not convinced we've gotten our moneys worth.

Looking at the highlight reel in fairness he was actually pretty good in the first half though.

Perhaps a bit of perspective and manners needed from a few in this thread.
What you needed the highlights reel to revise your opinion? In which case you probably should find a simpler sport. Maybe snooker? By the way why do you care about the money its not yours. All footballers are overpriced they also have nothing to do with that. Perhaps people wouldn't call you names if your opinions were based on any kind of logic. I'm sorry if folk have been mean to you. But you're talking about selling probably the third best perfomer this season we have. So they think your stupid. Hang on that highly reel thing...have you been mistaking Sissoko and N'dombele. 😆

Back
Top Bottom