Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not sure where N'Dombele fits in, but I'm not sure what Jose is going for in our midfield to be honest. I have to say that I don't think N'Dombele and Hojbjerg are very good as a pair in midfield. They've had quite a few games together in there and they don't look a convincing partnership.

He is very technically skilled. He might thrive in a different system with different coaching principles. All I know is, out midfield isn't working very well and he is part of it. They don't do a great job of anything in particular, either retaining possession, pressing or sitting back and shielding the defence. We don't control midfield either with or without the ball.

would be an even better player if he varied his play a bit and sometimes just played a first time easy pass, would also preserve a bit of energy too. if he does evolve to mix his play up and use his energy more efficiently, he will be one of the best midfielders in the world.

would be an even better player if he varied his play a bit and sometimes just played a first time easy pass, would also preserve a bit of energy too. if he does evolve to mix his play up and use his energy more efficiently, he will be one of the best midfielders in the world.
He is a run/dribble first player and not a pass first player.

A few nice passes and bits of skill every match but goes missing for large periods

He seems to have a spell over everyone on here so I expect a wall of disagrees

We spent the best part of 50 mil on this guy

All of the above applies to Lo Celso too

Just under 100 mil on these two and our midfield is still a disjointed mess

A few nice passes and bits of skill every match but goes missing for large periods

He seems to have a spell over everyone on here so I expect a wall of disagrees

We spent the best part of 50 mil on this guy

All of the above applies to Lo Celso too

Just under 100 mil on these two and our midfield is still a disjointed mess
2 years on and he hasn't cut the mustard.

He is a run/dribble first player and not a pass first player.

I don’t think he has any problem playing passes first if the option is there, but the movement in this team around the guy on the ball is fucking abysmal. Whoever’s on the ball rarely has options.

He’s good at looking after the ball, but I don’t think he’s as fond of holding onto it the way Dembele was for example. Ndombele sees and makes much more high risk passes than Dembele used to.

I don’t think he has any problem playing passes first if the option is there, but the movement in this team around the guy on the ball is fucking abysmal. Whoever’s on the ball rarely has options.

He’s good at looking after the ball, but I don’t think he’s as fond of holding onto it the way Dembele was for example. Ndombele sees and makes much more high risk passes than Dembele used to.
I have to disagree.

When he gets the ball, most often than not, he tries to move with the ball up the field and get by whoever is trying to press him. Then he looks to see where the runs are, looking to make a decisive pass or a hockey stick assist. Such incisive attacking bursts are better suited upfield.

Too often he misses the initial pass and doesn't cycle the ball enough to keep the offence in rhythm or even probe the opposition. Averaging about the same number of passes as Aurier and much less than winks is not good enough in that role.

Instead I would rather have a player who has good vision of the pitch and knows where the ball should go next before he receives it. Someone who understands the use of space and positioning, and not relying heavily on dribbling to get by the press. Someone that has vision to see the pass and range and accuracy to execute it Someone that controls the tempo of the game and actually runs our midfield, able to impose himself on a game. Of course a better defender, work rate and aerial presence are also welcome.

Nailed it.

Tanguy, I have to be honest, Tanguy is the kind of guy that you always expect more from than what he gives me. Because he is so talented, that you always expect more, more. Because the talent is amazing. I think by the talent point of view, by the creation in midfield, by the vision, he is second to nobody in European football. But the feeling is that he always has more to give, he never reaches the limit of the effort, the sacrifice, even the ambition. So he is the guy I love him as a player, but he frustrates me a little bit, because I think he can be much better than what he is. I think when I watch, for example France, and Tanguy was not playing, I don’t blame Didier (Deschamps), I blame Tanguy. Because he is better than the other guys, he should show that every day in training, in every match. So, of course all the three can help us to do well.

Nail on head Jose.

Back
Top Bottom