Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The wages are not as high as quoted it is not 200K quoted. The Basic is about 120K with 80K in bonuses at Lyon he decided to reduce his wages to 80K and forgo the bonuses in his contract. I am sure if PSG miss out on Pogba they will consider an approach if he is willing to cut his wages again. For Ndombele I think it is more about the status of the next club.

£80k pw is certainly an easier sell than £200k pw : but outside the very top clubs in europe that's still a high wage which a club would expect to pay only to a midfielder who was highly regarded and a first team member...... and even a number of those players might be paid more like 50% of the £80k pw.

I suspect we'd still find we needed to subsidise his wages to help him move on.

£80k pw is certainly an easier sell than £200k pw : but outside the very top clubs in europe that's still a high wage which a club would expect to pay only to a midfielder who was highly regarded and a first team member...... and even a number of those players might be paid more like 50% of the £80k pw.

I suspect we'd still find we needed to subsidise his wages to help him move on.
It's damage limitation at this stage.
The fee and wages combined is huge. We've lost this gamble and need to cut our losses as quickly as possible.
At this stage, I'd consider paying at least 50% of his wages as a 50% reduction and him out of here is better than paying 100% of his wages and having him around.

Just tell him to stay away. If he wants to play football, find a new club, otherwise, you're on gardening leave.
How many players do the likes of Chelsea have in that position?

Didn’t they have one many years ago?

On a £40k a week contract and lived in Holland

Not part of their plans so flew over to train for a couple days a week and then back again before match day?

Winston Bogarde I think

The Basic is about 120K with 80K in bonuses
at Lyon he decided to reduce his wages to 80K and forgo the bonuses in his contract.
I am sure if PSG miss out on Pogba they will consider an approach if he is willing to cut his wages again.
For Ndombele I think it is more about the status of the next club.

I'd love to believe any or all of this, but where are you getting it all from?

Last edited:
Didn’t they have one many years ago?

On a £40k a week contract and lived in Holland

Not part of their plans so flew over to train for a couple days a week and then back again before match day?

Winston Bogarde I think
Yep.
Signed "for" Vialli who was then replaced by Ranieri who didn't want him.
9 games in 4 years.
Claimed no one would offer him equivalent wages and opted to hold them to it. TBH, I can see why players do it. Hopefully Haaland is a massive flop and City get lumped with half a mil a week for 6 years.

I'm still clinging to the hope that he has a dream of going to the World Cup....
He lasted 63 mins yesterday. Lyon won but are 8th and have no chance of European football next season.
They won't be buying TN.

Surely there must be some way of holding players to account. There must be a way of measuring their performance in training. They should be made to meet expected standards or they can be sacked. I understand that footballers aren't like normal employees, they are in fact a cost/asset hybrid sitting on both the P&L and BS. However in cases like this the theoretical value on the balance sheet is just that. He is just a burden to us.

He should be given strict but fair targets of some sort. At least that way if he does stick around at least he will be in a decent condition and fit to play for someone. And also if his training is any good he might actually be good at playing football.

Back
Top Bottom