Tanner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What stage is this deal at?

• Who?

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Interested

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Monitoring

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • We Tried

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Gazzumped

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • #Herewego

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • He's signed, hazzah!!!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • He's gone to Liverpool (Marine FC to be precise...)

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
I think anyone going after him on twitter is wrong, but I also think that fans not wanting him is fine as well.

It wasn't like he posted Spurs suck, Spurs are bottlers, Kane is a tap in merchant or banter stuff like that. Going after his speech, or similar things, is offside for anyone in my view.

Again it doesn't mean that he needs to be "canceled" or attacked on the internet but I also think it means he doesn't need to be signed by our club.

Social media is a fucking cesspit. Stuff you post for 'likes' when you are kid come back to bite you on the arse. That might have been his one and only chance at the big time.
He was an idiot but I think the Twitter bullying went over the top.

.....These LilywhiteRose fuckers probably haven't helped matters either; encouraging a mass pile-on against the kid. Lewes probably haven't been left with a great impression of us either.

He's still a kid that no one knows anything about other than the few hundred that watch him play.

I like to think I can roll with the punches, but honestly, if I had thousands of angry cunts abusing me on social media I will not pretend by saying that would probably cause me a few sleepless nights and I'm a 54yr old man that's been around the block. I can't imagine how this would make a kid feel. Not only that, it's a dream of any young footballer to make it as a pro, just to sing professional papers is absolutely the stuff of dreams. This is now in tatters!

I hope the lad signs for Brighton, if he bangs one in against us I'll probably raise my glass to him. I wish him well.

Imaging grown men getting angry over what a fifteen-year-old boy has said about Kane!!! Fucking hell!!! Get a fucking life!

The anonymity of social media brings out the worst in people. Not our proudest moment as Spurs fans.

He's still a kid that no one knows anything about other than the few hundred that watch him play.

I like to think I can roll with the punches, but honestly, if I had thousands of angry cunts abusing me on social media I will not pretend by saying that would probably cause me a few sleepless nights and I'm a 54yr old man that's been around the block. I can't imagine how this would make a kid feel. Not only that, it's a dream of any young footballer to make it as a pro, just to sing professional papers is absolutely the stuff of dreams. This is now in tatters!

I hope the lad signs for Brighton, if he bangs one in against us I'll probably raise my glass to him. I wish him well.

Imaging grown men getting angry over what a fifteen-year-old boy has said about Kane!!! Fucking hell!!! Get a fucking life!

Exactly. I find it weird. Twitter is shit and getting shitter by the day. The spurs fans on it are utter cunts to tell you the truth.

I’ve been a bit moany about transfers and Paratici today which isn’t like me. But I know when to take a step back. Seems like there’s this weird negativity on Twitter where we have a set of fans who directly or indirectly want to bring the club down. A reflection on their lives I guess. It’s been a hard couple of years for everyone and I just think it’s anger coming out because of that. Sad state of affairs.

I can almost guarantee that half the people on social media laying in to a 15 year olds Tweets are the same ones who stick up for Shamima because 'she was only 16 and didn't know what she was doing'.

He is 19 years old. When are u stop being a kid? Seriously.
He was 15 when he posted apparently.

But hey, even if not let's have grown men on the internet abuse a kid because that's just a fantastic look for everyone to get behind. Many (on here) have said far worse about Kane in this very forum!!! Do you think their posts should be screenshot and posted online by a prominent Fan Account for an abusive pile on with them too?

People need to get a fucking life.

Another one of these threads. Means it’s not happening.
Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

You really couldn't make this up. The rat who posted those disgraceful things about Kane and Spurs will actually be wearing our shirt?
You would think the club would do some little background checks on young players these days.
And it ain't all from years ago some people would like to believe some stuff was only a couple of weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom