Tanner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What stage is this deal at?

• Who?

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Interested

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Monitoring

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • We Tried

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Gazzumped

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • #Herewego

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • He's signed, hazzah!!!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • He's gone to Liverpool (Marine FC to be precise...)

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
I believe he did receive a few strong responses and was missing from today’s game, apparently with an injury that wasn’t there yesterday.

Social media is a fucking cesspit. Stuff you post for 'likes' when you are kid come back to bite you on the arse. That might have been his one and only chance at the big time.
He was an idiot but I think the Twitter bullying went over the top.

I'm a bit late to this one, what are these disgusting things he's said?

I've followed this account more or less since it started. I know one of them who started it, lovely bloke, the account I think is one of the best Tottenham fan accounts to follow. But over the last 2 years or so, as it's grown, it's become a fucking embarrassment. What happens is there are about four of them now that run the account which makes their posting activity appear very schizophrenic as each poster is very different from the other.

The post above is simply out of order. When you have 45k followers there comes with that a responsibility about what you post. Were it not for that post 99.99% of fans wouldn't have a clue who he was let alone know about anything that he posts on social media when he was FIFTEEN years old!!

We currently have 4 other lads that I'm aware of playing at Spurs who are ex-Woolwich and staunch Woolwich fans!!! At least THREE of these had to delete posts when they were kids too, where's the outrage here?

Even posters on here complaining about what he posted, yet some of the same posters calling Kane far, far worse with posts in his thread this summer and beginning of this season!!! Should their posts be framed and posted online by @lilywhiterose so their 45k Spurs followers can abuse them?

Embarrassing!

I'm a bit late to this one, what are these disgusting things he's said?
The usual stuff about Kane being a slobbering mongoloid. Also an Woolwich fan. Tasteless, but the guy was a child. Personally feel the reaction of our fans to this on social media has been a bit embarrassing.

I've followed this account more or less since it started. I know one of them who started it, lovely bloke, the account I think is one of the best Tottenham fan accounts to follow. But over the last 2 years or so, as it's grown, it's become a fucking embarrassment. What happens is there are about four of them now that run the account which makes their posting activity appear very schizophrenic as each poster is very different from the other.

The post above is simply out of order. When you have 45k followers there comes with that a responsibility about what you post. Were it not for that post 99.99% of fans have a clue who he was let alone know about anything that he posts on social media when he was FIFTEEN years old!!

We currently have 4 other lads that I'm aware of playing at Spurs who are ex-Woolwich and staunch Woolwich fans!!! At least THREE of these had to delete posts when they were kids too, where's the outrage here?

Even posters on here complaining about what he posted, yet some of the same posters calling Kane far, far worse with posts in his thread this summer and beginning of this season!!! Should their posts be framed and posted online by @lilywhiterose so their 45k Spurs followers can abuse them?

Embarrassing!

I couldn’t give a fuck what he posted as a kid. He was a child and probably didnt know the consequences. I’m sure the shit he got off wankers on Twitter were grown men. A sorry state of affairs. Maybe he should have just come off social media and waited for it to die down after the move. Seems a bit weak to be worried about that stuff though.

Social media is a fucking cesspit. Stuff you post for 'likes' when you are kid come back to bite you on the arse. That might have been his one and only chance at the big time.

The sooner schools get on the case and make Social Media a proper and multi-facetted part of the curriculum from an early age the better........

It's sickening and sad in equal measure seeing what goes on between my step-neice and her school crowd (mates isn't really the right word)..... The social and peer pressure they stoke is immense and they can't see how they're screwing each other's heads up and that it'll all come back to bite them in the short and/or long terms..... Let alone that they're oblivious to how they're being manipulated and marketed to left right and center.

Last edited:
I literally parked outside the Lewes FC ground today, on my way to the Lewes psychedelic music festival. Knew nothing of Tanner so missed a great chance to sniff around for you lot, sorry.

I can tell you what a room full of geriatric Hawkwind fans smell like though.

What the boy posted was very stupid even allowing for the fact he was 15-16 at the time but the social media pile on was extremely unsavoury.
If you're 16 you should know better. He wasn't like 10. I disagree about the social media abuse, but you can't go around completely mocking a club over and over again. I'm pretty certain that when I was 16 the only thing I posted on my socials was "North London is white" or something like that.

If you're 16 you should know better. He wasn't like 10. I disagree about the social media abuse, but you can't go around completely mocking a club over and over again. I'm pretty certain that when I was 16 the only thing I posted on my socials was "North London is white" or something like that.

If i had been judged on stuff I did and said when I was 16 I would have amounted to nothing. Lucky social media and its bullying didn't exist then.

Really odd your response to N17-Tommo N17-Tommo came up as a response to me. Guess either you tagged me or N17-Tommo N17-Tommo is my multi.

I couldn’t give a fuck what he posted as a kid. He was a child and probably didnt know the consequences. I’m sure the shit he got off wankers on Twitter were grown men. A sorry state of affairs. Maybe he should have just come off social media and waited for it to die down after the move. Seems a bit weak to be worried about that stuff though.
He's still a kid that no one knows anything about other than the few hundred that watch him play.

I like to think I can roll with the punches, but honestly, if I had thousands of angry cunts abusing me on social media I will not pretend by saying that would probably cause me a few sleepless nights and I'm a 54yr old man that's been around the block. I can't imagine how this would make a kid feel. Not only that, it's a dream of any young footballer to make it as a pro, just to sing professional papers is absolutely the stuff of dreams. This is now in tatters!

I hope the lad signs for Brighton, if he bangs one in against us I'll probably raise my glass to him. I wish him well.

Imaging grown men getting angry over what a fifteen-year-old boy has said about Kane!!! Fucking hell!!! Get a fucking life!

I think anyone going after him on twitter is wrong, but I also think that fans not wanting him is fine as well.

It wasn't like he posted Spurs suck, Spurs are bottlers, Kane is a tap in merchant or banter stuff like that. Going after his speech, or similar things, is offside for anyone in my view.

Again it doesn't mean that he needs to be "canceled" or attacked on the internet but I also think it means he doesn't need to be signed by our club.

.....These LilywhiteRose fuckers probably haven't helped matters either; encouraging a mass pile-on against the kid. Lewes probably haven't been left with a great impression of us either.

“Lewes Football Club would like to confirm that whilst the club and a Premier League club agreed a deal in principle for the transfer of Ollie Tanner, Ollie and the Premier Club were not ultimately able to agree personal terms and he remains a Lewes FC player.”Tottenham Hotspur’s Move To Sign Brighton Target Off
Good. I hope the cunt languishes in non-league football for the rest of his mediocre career.

He's still a kid that no one knows anything about other than the few hundred that watch him play.

I like to think I can roll with the punches, but honestly, if I had thousands of angry cunts abusing me on social media I will not pretend by saying that would probably cause me a few sleepless nights and I'm a 54yr old man that's been around the block. I can't imagine how this would make a kid feel. Not only that, it's a dream of any young footballer to make it as a pro, just to sing professional papers is absolutely the stuff of dreams. This is now in tatters!

I hope the lad signs for Brighton, if he bangs one in against us I'll probably raise my glass to him. I wish him well.

Imaging grown men getting angry over what a fifteen-year-old boy has said about Kane!!! Fucking hell!!! Get a fucking life!

The anonymity of social media brings out the worst in people. Not our proudest moment as Spurs fans.

Exactly. I find it weird. Twitter is shit and getting shitter by the day. The spurs fans on it are utter cunts to tell you the truth.

I’ve been a bit moany about transfers and Paratici today which isn’t like me. But I know when to take a step back. Seems like there’s this weird negativity on Twitter where we have a set of fans who directly or indirectly want to bring the club down. A reflection on their lives I guess. It’s been a hard couple of years for everyone and I just think it’s anger coming out because of that. Sad state of affairs.

Back
Top Bottom