Team of the last Decade

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ledley King played 21 times in 2011/12 and whilst not his best years has to be included in the best 11 of the decade.
It's a good shout but as you said some of those 21 games he was well past his best. It was really hard to watch him in some of those final games. For the decade previous, he's the first name on the team sheet.

Ledley King played 21 times in 2011/12 and whilst not his best years has to be included in the best 11 of the decade.
He was knackered by then, though clearly still had the vision and timing up to the end.

I'd put him in the team of the previous decade with the likes of Lennon, Keane and Defoe who also happened to overlap into the current decade.

7 of them were already with us before Pochettino took over and only 2 signed by him make that XI which is saying something seeing as he was at the helm for over half of that decade.

Not a dig at the great man but it shows why we've falling backwards a fair old bit. We haven't freshened up or acquired a quality as good as what he inherited consistently enough but that aside it's a great XI that shows how much class we've been able to enjoy over the past 10 years compared to previous decades seen.

Big problem is that whilst we have bought s fair few players in over the last 6 years only Son and Dele are arguably top quality, maybe Alderweireld too but most of the others have just made up the numbers. Lucky (?) we had the squad in place with Kane in the squad to greet him when he joined.

Parker for Dembele? You are joking surely 😂
Nope, Dembele to me was a wasted talent, he could have been a lot more than he was and as it's a DM position I would rather go for Parker. Remember that Harry brought him in because he was a winner as well.

Nope, Dembele to me was a wasted talent, he could have been a lot more than he was and as it's a DM position I would rather go for Parker. Remember that Harry brought him in because he was a winner as well.

And remember when ALL of the squad that appeared individually on Soccer Am over the last few years said Dembele was the best player in the squad (our best squad) and Pochettino compared him to Maradona etc.

So Scott Parker was brought in by Redknapp because he was a winner- what did he win?- the Intertoto cup with Newcastle.

No comparison for me and to say he was a wasted talent is nonsense. Dembele could defend and attack and he drove us to 3rd, 2nd and 3rd in the league. He was unique.
Did we miss Parker when he left as much as we have missed Dembele?

Last edited:
Swap Bale with Dele and that would be mine.
bd6a3b1bc4c6af9f305f2a8ce3840b24.gif

to be fair this thread is a total setup for continuous arguments for Redknapp v Poch team

King/Woody vs Jan/Toby
Bale/Lennon vs Dele/Son/Moura
Niko vs Lamela 😂

international Breakesque madness
My post wasn’t even about that, it was lighthearted swipe at the notion Poch didn’t have a squad, and then someone leaving Bale the bench, another leaving out VDV or King etc

You think with the bunch of crap he had they’d walk into any combined 11 wouldn’t you..

Here’s mine:

.................................Lloris

Trippier............King........Toby...............Jan

..............Sandro.............Dembele

.................................Modric

...............VDV.............................Bale

.................................Kane

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom