TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My sister and some friends, leaving for Madrid today
GAad7BH.jpg

Had a lovely day so far. The flight to Valencia was seamless, and we had a few hours to kill so did a tour of the Mestalla which I highly recommend. At the train station now and I’ll be in Madrid in a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Watched the match in a bar near the Bernabeu, about 60/40 Spurs/Pool. Bloke I was with (met him near Plaza Colon with mutual friends who all had tickets) was a really nice guy... but just a bit too nice, he bought a Scouser (from fucking Manchester!) a beer and fraternised way too much. Things briefly threatened to turn nasty before the match when a call-and-return chant-off wound up with In Your Liverpool Slum.

Anyway, no fucking way was I staying in there after their second goal. Just left my new-found friend there & walked 45 minutes back to my borrowed flat. Sorry mate, just remembered he had no phone battery & had forgotten the name of his hotel. :pochbye:

General street revelry as all the locals wanted a Pool win as reward for putting Barca out. I actually thought they'd got a third when a huge cheer came out of every window. Only found out in the morning they hadn't. BONUS!

Shit match, large parts were glorified 1980s hoofball.

I'm halfway home now & progressing pretty well through the stages of grief. Had a pretty fucking great time overall for less than £500 all in.

Shit feelings now being overridden by gratitude for what Poch & this team have given us in the last few years. Just fucking epic stuff, way out of my wildest dreams. Confident he can pick the boys up from this. He will have unfinished business.

My Pyrenean mountain village retreat is certainly helping.

Yapics.com - Images Hosted Online: 3202lynp06.jpg

At Palma airport now destination Madrid the nerves are starting, a couple of retired ladies just enquired if I was heading to the match (Spurs shirt was a giveaway) bought us a drink and wished the best of luck.

Fucking lovely drive down from Limoges airport in blazing sun with a Spurs scarf wedged in a rear window. Did the "avoid tolls" route so inevitably encountered loads of Scousers in motorhomes etc. Wound them up a treat with horn honks & V-signs out the window as I overtook. One of them tried really hard to catch me up, he was doing 130kmh through a tunnel flashing his lights! :angryscouser:

Did pass a fucking great campervan with YID ARMY on the side in massive letters, lots of fraternal waving. Also just had a nice chat with a couple of Yids wearing Spurs T shirts in the little town I've stopped at (Lerma, 200k north of Madrid).

Beer & tapas on the go. Still 26 degrees here. This is the fucking life.

Also, I've decided we are definitely winning this thing.

Hopefully meet some of you lot tomoz.

Bored with my work so I thought you might like a language class.

Lesson one - Beer

Cerveza /therbetha/ is a generic word rarely used when ordering in a bar (just as asking for "a beer" in a pub in the UK is a bit strange).

This is a caña /canya/. It is about 25 cl.

clara-de-cerveza-296x300.jpg

Next up size-wise is a tubo /toobo/ or a doble /doblay/, about 33 cl

Here's one I drank earlier...

vaso-tubo-de-cerveza-300x300.jpg

Finally, and probably more appealingly, we have the jarra /hara/ which is normally 50-70 cl.

jarra-de-cerveza-300x300.jpg

If you want a bottle, then ask for a tercio /terthio/

A tercio de Mahou, pictured yesterday...

cerveza.png

If you want alcohol free, ask for a caña/tubo/jarra/tercio sin alcohol /sin alcol/. If you want a shandy , ask for a clara (pronounced as you would expect) or a clara grande . If you want it made with Fanta Lemon, ask for a clara de limón.

Pretty much all bars except Irish pubs and disco bars will give you something to eat - crisps, olives, some ham or chorizo, more exciting things sometimes. These are always free

Finally caved, and bought a package via lastminute.com. £800 for flight, and hotel near the airport. Fly in 1500 tomorrow and back out early evening Tuesday. Christ, we'd better win this thing now.

Hi guys, sorry if i break the rules of this forum, I'am new (and sorry for my english, im from Madrid).
If you had any cuestions about my city, ask me. I'm Real Madrid supporter, but i had Spurs in my heart ;)

Back
Top Bottom