TFC Player of the year awards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale shouldn't really get the POTY, as he has not been the most standout player this season, suarez and Carrick are ahead of him for me... One player who's pretty much kept his team at a respectable position despite how much of a cunt he is. And Carrick who's been the heartbeat of his team and guided them to their 20th title
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/26/arsene-wenger-michael-carrick-van-persie

I agree with Jimmy on this one - Carrick has been outstanding this season and players like him are criminally underrated in England which filters its way to the national team IMO.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/26/arsene-wenger-michael-carrick-van-persie

I agree with Jimmy on this one - Carrick has been outstanding this season and players like him are criminally underrated in England which filters its way to the national team IMO.
What england have done to Scholes and Carrick has been criminal in my mind... two of the most accomplished playmakers they've had the last 20years and both have been used wrong or not at all.

Heard so many people complain about how England are incapable of dominating matches, had either of those two players been used the other team would have been run ragged because of the changes in tempo, the pinpoint passing etc etc

What england have done to Scholes and Carrick has been criminal in my mind... two of the most accomplished playmakers they've had the last 20years and both have been used wrong or not at all.

Heard so many people complain about how England are incapable of dominating matches, had either of those two players been used the other team would have been run ragged because of the changes in tempo, the pinpoint passing etc etc

Agreed. Scholes basically quit international football as Lampard was put in his ideal position so he was forced out to the left wing.

POTY for me = Lloris.
His proactive style enables us to play the way AVB wants and thus he's critical.
Had he managed another month or so before his injury Sandro would've been it hands down. Testament to how good he is, is how much flak Parker's received as his replacement in the side.

Player of the season - Gareth Bale.

Most improved - Gareth Bale.
You compare him season on season, he has been a different class this year.

Clubman - Michael Dawson.

Most Spursy - Aaron Lennon.

Young Player of the Season (you missed that one josh_spurs josh_spurs ) Tom Carroll. Really hope he gets more game time soon.

Back
Top Bottom