Thank you Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously loved all the games mentioned so far.
There was a game against West Brom in January 2017, near perfect performance, just got totally engrossed in the play. Know they weren't the most illustrious opponents and it was just a league game, but think that was one of the few occasions that I actually watched and enjoyed a Spurs game without feeling we were going to cock it up.

The Liverpool second half performance 2 seasons ago was an absolute masterclass.

We drew but we were magnificent. Klopp at one point stood on the touchline with a face that said what do I do? Was fantastic.

And of course last season at Everton. Another top notch performance.

The difference was the former was just us. Last season it was a rarity.

What a manager, and what a man.

When I fell in love with this club, the concept of having one of the best squads in the league and being consistently competitive in multiple competitions was completely foreign.

Pochettino took the beautiful, attacking side of Spurs, developed individual players, and made them work.

I hope, and am after reflection almost completely confident that Mourinho is the man to win the league and domestic & European trophies. However, he would not have been able to come into this club and do that without what Poch has done, and the foundations he has built.

Thanks Mauricio. You're magic.

Bollocks. Many people that didnt spend his tenure sniping and whinging actually enjoyed it and are showing appreciation for that....

Crazy huh! :pochrolleyes:
Alright alright it was the wrong thread for that comment.

The work that Poch put in arguably got us to this stage where we have been able to attract some of the talent that we have and for that im grateful.

Nevertheless I don't think criticism of his time here should be automatically labeled as "whinging".

So gutted to see him go. He built a squad over five years in a way that just doesn't happen in modern, English football. To have won anything with Poch and that team would've been special.

He will live long in the collective Spurs memory.

Back
Top Bottom