The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poignant post.

And he put forward a good argument for watching it. I’ve not been sold on this World Cup at all for many reasons, just not sure how excited I can get about a winter World Cup.

Won’t be the same will it?

For what?? the pursuit of cash from people like Platini.
I really miss Smoked Salmon
:avbpray:

Poignant post.

And he put forward a good argument for watching it. I’ve not been sold on this World Cup at all for many reasons, just not sure how excited I can get about a winter World Cup.

Won’t be the same will it?

For what?? the pursuit of cash from people like Platini.

Cant see how the TV viewing figures wont be shit too... Peeps have way too much to do on the run up to xmas than to watch 3 games of footy every day for a month.

A FYI - Blatter was against Qatar - this is all UEFFA and Platini

If he accepted a bribe surely Qatar are guilty of bribing - hope it will have an impact but I don't think it will.

The biggest travesty on it (other than the bribing) is they bid and won asummer WC - they beat US and AUS for a summer WC and then they changed it to a winter - -- loads of others may have been interested in bidding for a winter WC.

(* and the slavery - never forget the slavery)
I think Platinis son was an executive at Burrda Sports.
A sportswear company owned by Qatar. No conflict of interest there

A FYI - Blatter was against Qatar - this is all UEFFA and Platini

If he accepted a bribe surely Qatar are guilty of bribing - hope it will have an impact but I don't think it will.

The biggest travesty on it (other than the bribing) is they bid and won asummer WC - they beat US and AUS for a summer WC and then they changed it to a winter - -- loads of others may have been interested in bidding for a winter WC.

(* and the slavery - never forget the slavery)
The second they said that the super air-conditioning on the stadia was not possible, the world cup should have been moved
Ignoring the fact it should never have gone there

The second they said that the super air-conditioning on the stadia was not possible, the world cup should have been moved
Ignoring the fact it should never have gone there
I cant believe that Australia / US didn't sue them, surely it was awarded under false premises... I guess it led to the investigation. Funny that it was the ending of Blatter even though he was dead set against it.

I cant believe that Australia / US didn't sue them, surely it was awarded under false premises... I guess it led to the investigation. Funny that it was the ending of Blatter even though he was dead set against it.

At the end of the day, he let the culture of bribery go on under his supervision. Not that it's any better since Infantino took over, I'm sure, but sadly that's the way of it.

I'm not sad that they binned Blatter - I'm sad that the whole bloody organisation is rife with corruption. And yet I still find myself getting exicited each time a World Cup comes around.

Only banter mate... I agree entirely.

At the end of the day, he let the culture of bribery go on under his supervision. Not that it's any better since Infantino took over, I'm sure, but sadly that's the way of it.
I agree - he is scum, I just think its funny that this was the thing that caused his downfall.

Blatter > Infantino for me.. mainly because of his VAR views.

(both as bad as each other in other respects - new Global club cup idea was as bad as any Blatter came up with).

Anybody watching the athletics in Doha world championships? 32^ at midnight it’s gonna be fun when the World Cup is on!

Anybody watching the athletics in Doha world championships? 32^ at midnight it’s gonna be fun when the World Cup is on!
Yep
Switched to now to avoid the heat of the summer.
Women's marathon started at midnight, to help with the heat and humidity and still less than half the field finish.

Dire in Doha: world championships ‘catastrophe’ leaves athletics reeling

Actually infuriates me when you hear the old “we’re trying to spread the sport”

All you’re trying to do is line your pockets

Back
Top Bottom