The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

goatseducer70

eromtoutegotdeenuoytuosihtdekrowuoyfi
I find it staggering that no country has boycotted the tournament yet.

It's all well and good talking about Qatar's human rights record and another thing actually doing something.

Actions speak louder than words and all that.

AlabamaSpur

Tier 1

It's all well and good talking about Qatar's human rights record and another thing actually doing something.

It would be nice to see the nations that participate in the euros boycott this World Cup. It’ll never happen, but unless a message is sent to FIFA it’ll never change.

Boycotting the tournament would be a solid move, but I don't find it staggering that no country has done it. No one in the "West" joined the Saudi led diplomatic boycott of Qatar (cringe anyway) thats now collapsed. They have a shit ton of money, no one cares what they do...same with the Saudis.

Why would you expect that FAs, which are generally beholden in some way to the actual governments, would take action that governments aren't willing to do?

This whole thing stinks horribly, but any nations considering a boycott are mostly doing it because of the disruption of the domestic season honestly.

Top Bottom