The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This isn't football, so sorry, but thought I'd post anyway as this is fully endorsed by me by Hamilton ahead of the Qatar GP this weekend.

Lewis-Hamilton-3649132.jpg

Play-off draw

A: Scotland v Ukraine
Wales v Austria

B: Russia v Poland
Sweden v Czech Republic

C: Italy v North Macedonia
Portugal v Turkey

Teams in bold play at home the final game.

Portugal vs Italy, serves the Portuguese coach right 😂 That's what you get for being ultra defensive and negative, idiot.
Diving and other crazy shenanigans will be at an all-time high in this game.

Play-off draw

A: Scotland v Ukraine
Wales v Austria

B: Russia v Poland
Sweden v Czech Republic

C: Italy v North Macedonia
Portugal v Turkey

Teams in bold play at home the final game.

Portugal vs Italy, serves the Portuguese coach right 😂 That's what you get for being ultra defensive and negative, idiot.
Diving and other crazy shenanigans will be at an all-time high in this game.
Bold of you to assume Portugal to beat Turkey and Italy mighty Macedonia.

:mourshock::contehandshead:

If scotch land manage to beat Ukraine and the welsh do likewise they are due to get the Scots a beating is two world cups they’ve done Wales out of the finals.

This is amazing to see…….

Revealing; despite the so-called utopia of the German model, it seems the chairman and the inner circle have the capacity to ignore the fan representation anyway.

Last edited:
Revelling; despite the so-called utopia of the German model, it seems the chairman and the inner circle have the capacity to ignore the fan representation anyway.
The board are reeling in the wake of this, very much on the back foot for now. Oliver Khann has come out and made some noises about the board to revisit the sponsorship internally and then present back to the members (this could all be just utter Corp bollocks, so remains what actions, if any follow, rather than just words).

I do fully applaud the fans stance in this though, highly admirable something you would NEVER see on these shores, fans of Clubs here worship the £££ and couldn't give two fucks about the regimes from where it's coming from and the reasons why their Club is being used.

The German model doesn't give fans the right to choose sponsors and involve them in the financial day to operations of the Club. It does however give them a right to voice to objection, which is exactly what they are doing. I would be surprised they can extract themselves from this deal without it costing them multiple millions to do so + they will need to find another to replace it. But it wouldn't surprise me if they confirm that the deal will not be renewed, as some form of appeasement?????

The board are reeling in the wake of this, very much on the back foot for now. Oliver Khann has come out and made some noises about the board to revisit the sponsorship internally and then present back to the members (this could all be just utter Corp bollocks, so remains what actions, if any follow, rather than just words).

I do fully applaud the fans stance in this though, highly admirable something you would NEVER see on these shores, fans of Clubs here worship the £££ and couldn't give two fucks about the regimes from where it's coming from and the reasons why their Club is being used.

The German model doesn't give fans the right to choose sponsors and involve them in the financial day to operations of the Club. It does however give them a right to voice to objection, which is exactly what they are doing. I would be surprised they can extract themselves from this deal without it costing them multiple millions to do so + they will need to find another to replace it. But it wouldn't surprise me if they confirm that the deal will not be renewed, as some form of appeasement?????
Highly commendable from the Bayern fans.

I'm starting to think the Middle East is trying to destroy football as part of a clandestine culture war.

Highly commendable from the Bayern fans.

I'm starting to think the Middle East is trying to destroy football as part of a clandestine culture war.
When these regime's invest in Football it's only about controlling their image, their "soft power" and their ideology. They are using the World most-watched sport to influence. They have no love for it, do not care about it. The sport needs protection from this.

Back
Top Bottom