The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find it staggering that no country has boycotted the tournament yet.

It's all well and good talking about Qatar's human rights record and another thing actually doing something.

Actions speak louder than words and all that.

It's all well and good talking about Qatar's human rights record and another thing actually doing something.

It would be nice to see the nations that participate in the euros boycott this World Cup. It’ll never happen, but unless a message is sent to FIFA it’ll never change.

Boycotting the tournament would be a solid move, but I don't find it staggering that no country has done it. No one in the "West" joined the Saudi led diplomatic boycott of Qatar (cringe anyway) thats now collapsed. They have a shit ton of money, no one cares what they do...same with the Saudis.

Why would you expect that FAs, which are generally beholden in some way to the actual governments, would take action that governments aren't willing to do?

This whole thing stinks horribly, but any nations considering a boycott are mostly doing it because of the disruption of the domestic season honestly.

Come on!!!

england.jpg

Why the uproar about Qatar hosting the world Cup? Numerous countries with questionable human rights records have hosted the tournament over the years.

Why the uproar about Qatar hosting the world Cup? Numerous countries with questionable human rights records have hosted the tournament over the years.
Probably because slave labour is happening there now . Working conditions are atrocious & people are dying.

Perhaps someone forgot to mention recently but the entire bidding process was corrupt as fuck too.... And the fact that people are dying in the exploitative push to prepare a country with no pre-existing football infrastructure cements the distain even further..

The whole saga exposes FIFA for the hypocrytical corrupt scum-fest that it is in an era where they're eager to virtue signal more than ever.

Probably because slave labour is happening there now . Working conditions are atrocious & people are dying.
Plus the fact that it was acquired in a blatantly corrupt fashion, plus the fact that its timing is upsetting the natural football calendar.

Then after Qatar comes the wretched 48 team format and the death of the notion of a home nation, and there has hardly ever been a more golden goose more horribly butchered.

Plus the fact that it was acquired in a blatantly corrupt fashion, plus the fact that its timing is upsetting the natural football calendar.

Then after Qatar comes the wretched 48 team format and the death of the notion of a home nation, and there has hardly ever been a more golden goose more horribly butchered.
I think there’s also a lot of annoyance of how they’ve gone about acquiring players

it all just shows Fifa for what they are .

So it looks like we are out of the running for the 2030 World cup because of a few drunk morons trying to charge their way into Wembley?
All fine to have public be-headings and slave labour if you can bribe the right people it seems.

I think there’s also a lot of annoyance of how they’ve gone about acquiring players

it all just shows Fifa for what they are .

Oh, this has passed me by for some reason.... Never considered there being an FC Qatar...

Lots of citizenship suddenly being granted to uncapped journey-men, I presume.....?

So it looks like we are out of the running for the 2030 World cup because of a few drunk morons trying to charge their way into Wembley?

To be expected....

Trashing our own town centres..... Fighting with the police in places like Brighton & Kent.... Danish families getting attacked on buses.....

Dreadful PR for the nation (and UEFA).

All fine to have public be-headings and slave labour if you can bribe the right people it seems.

Nope..... Far from it, but we'll need a far more righteous, squeeky clean line of defense for the former.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom