The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For £150m I’m sure most of us would do some mental gymnastics with our principles and you’re talking bollocks if you say otherwise

He is already loaded with more money then he will ever be able to spend. Surely at the point of his wealth extra money is useless and yes I know rich people don’t think like that.

He is already loaded with more money then he will ever be able to spend. Surely at the point of his wealth extra money is useless and yes I know rich people don’t think like that.

According to the internet he is worth $400m so £150m is still big money in relative terms.

It’s easy for us all to get on high horses but with that put in front of you for doing basically fuck all I doubt most would get all virtuous.

Particularly when Qatar are smashing you in the face with PR about how they are modernising.

I don’t like it but when push came to shove I’d likely do the same in that situation (I wish!)

Hahaha......What a sellout this bloke is! £100m he's been paid by them to be their "ambassador". Interested to see how this plays out with his large gay fanbase.

Googly Eyes Throwing Up GIF

According to the internet he is worth $400m so £150m is still big money in relative terms.

It’s easy for us all to get on high horses but with that put in front of you for doing basically fuck all I doubt most would get all virtuous.

Particularly when Qatar are smashing you in the face with PR about how they are modernising.

I don’t like it but when push came to shove I’d likely do the same in that situation (I wish!)

Fair enough but I don’t want to see Beckham doing any moral lecturing on gays rights, he has forfeited his voice for money.

If this has been previously discussed, I apologize. But, I just read a 2020 article about women being removed from a plane and forced at gunpoint to submit to gynecological exams after Qatar authorities found a premature baby in the airport's bathroom. These people have no limits.

If this has been previously discussed, I apologize. But, I just read a 2020 article about women being removed from a plane and forced at gunpoint to submit to gynecological exams after Qatar authorities found a premature baby in the airport's bathroom. These people have no limits.

Sick fuckers. I remember our govt " raising the issue " ( whatever the fuck that means ), with Qatar.

The Australian Government has registered "serious concerns" with Qatar after women on board a flight from Doha to Sydney were subjected to an invasive internal examination.

"The Australian Government is deeply concerned at the unacceptable treatment of some female passengers on a recent Qatar Airways flight at Doha Airport," she said.

"The advice that has been provided indicates that the treatment of the women concerned was offensive, grossly inappropriate, and beyond circumstances in which the women could give free and informed consent.

"The Government has formally registered our serious concerns about this incident with Qatari authorities."

Federal Labor leader Anthony Albanese described the incident as "really disturbing" and said he would ask for a briefing from the Government.

"In my view it is completely unacceptable," he said.

"The Government has a relationship with Qatar, the Government's in a position to regulate a range of activities and I would have thought that it needs something other than just strong words."

Labor Senator Penny Wong said her party supported the Government raising concerns with Qatar.

Still terrible that a World Cup is being held here in a place where the stadiums have been constructed by slave Labour. What’s annoying is England have a ‘’golden generation’’ again and it should be exciting yet all of that is spoilt.

Still terrible that a World Cup is being held here in a place where the stadiums have been constructed by slave Labour. What’s annoying is England have a ‘’golden generation’’ again and it should be exciting yet all of that is spoilt.

The current Danish FA as well as the players, and the lingual gymnastics to get out co-responsibility, is devastating too.

And the press. A news station will have journalistis bringing "critical" (sensationalist) questions to press conferences, but the station will still broadcast the games.

Cunts. All of them.

I would assume Southgate will end up going with the below as he is quite conservative.

Pickford

Walker Stones Mcquire

James Rice Philips Shaw

Foden Sterling

Kane

Back
Top Bottom