The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Louisiana Hotspur

Özil: looks shite.
Yeah, this is an "I'm ready to get this taste out of my mouth" match thread. Time to put Fazio back under his rock, smash City, and keep our league form rolling.
oS9ls8t.jpg

[formation=4231, Hugo, Kyle, Toby, Jan, Danny, Eric, Delle, Erik, Christian, Son, B.A.][/formation]

Last edited:
we have naff all chance in this game regardless of the team we put out, which makes tonights selection even more unforgivable, everything aguero ever touches against us turns to goals

Poch has put himself in a very bad position.

We lose this...criticism. We lose this badly, as we tend to do, another level will be reached.

--------------------------Lloris----------------------------
Walker---------Toby---------Jan----------------Rose
--------------------Dier---------Alli-----------------------
Lamela----------------Eriksen---------------------Son
---------------------------Kane----------------------------

Last chance saloon for Harry in terms of starting before I suggest Son go up top.

We have as much chance of winning this game with a full strength team as we had tonight.

Looking forward to this. Hope the atmosphere is better then it was tonight, have no doubt it will be considering the league is bigger in general.

Same line up as Palace but with Eriksen in for Chadli.

Let's not kid ourselves here, City is head and shoulders above us and we're at home. I hate seeing us play at home(no disrespect to the fans, I love you all) but I really think the pitch size does something to us

I've had some time to cool down, and at this point I would like to think Poch had a plan along, and that the team to play against City has been working as a unit for the entire week and ignoring the cup tie. It might just be cheeky stroke of genius if so and he "manages" to pull it off.
:pochsmirk::avbpray:
After all one of Poch's biggest failures of the season last year was trying to play a half strength squad each at Fiorentina and in the LC final vs. Chelsea, which obviously backfired. It would really be a competitive advantage on Saturday if this is what he's doing. Didn't City play a near full strength team yesterday?

------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------
Walker------------Alderweild---Vertonghen-----------Rose
---------------------------Dier----Alli----------------------------
----Dembele---------------Eriksen------------------Son------
---------------------------------Kane-----------------------------

Poch will play Davies and Chadli though (i would also pick Chadli ahead of Lamela).

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweirald, Verts, Rose, Dier, Alli, Son, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

A team as the title thread suggests. Don't expect much with city but we need to put in a performance.

Last chance for Kane in the 1st XI. If he is still rubbish, then it's time to consider using Son or N'Jie upfront. Can't always be a default starter just because of what he did last season.

With Kane its very worrying I have to say, he looks like the 21 yr old version of himself before that winner against Villa these 7 games:-(
Trying wayyyyy too hard to force the issue, not even getting his head up to pick out passes and assists, the goal drought has really gotten to him and if he doesn't nick a couple soon he will only regress more.
Gotta keep the faith in him though we all know hes got quality and fingers crossed he gets through this really poor patch of form.

With Kane its very worrying I have to say, he looks like the 21 yr old version of himself before that winner against Villa these 7 games:-(
Trying wayyyyy too hard to force the issue, not even getting his head up to pick out passes and assists, the goal drought has really gotten to him and if he doesn't nick a couple soon he will only regress more.
Gotta keep the faith in him though we all know hes got quality and fingers crossed he gets through this really poor patch of form.
Oh calm down. He would've scored a fucking bicycle kick if gibbs didn't happen to be there and looked dangerous as ever today. He'll be fine.

I have no doubt he'll return to form but it may just take a spell on the bench to get him there. 2 games, maybe even just 1. Heck maybe even just drop him as a starter for a game and bring him on in the 2nd half. Just send the message that he needs to earn his place like everyone else. He was at his best when fighting for his place and trying to prove what he can do. Put him in that position again and I think he'll fight his way back. Unfortunately we'd be in a bit of a crunch to bench him, but I think Son can bridge the gap.

Another goal every couple of games would do us wonders now that we seem sorted defensively (Flamini vs. Fazio notwithstanding).

Oh calm down. He would've scored a fucking bicycle kick if gibbs didn't happen to be there and looked dangerous as ever today. He'll be fine.
An effort cleared off the line tonight and about 20 shots from distance off target to show for 7 games so far this season and had what 2 in last ten games last season?? Yeah calm down you're right, not a problem at all that our only legit striker cant score for the last 3 months of football.

Not scared of being outplayed tbh.

Last season took a dive from that fat cunt Lampard, and a goal where he was offside AND interferring with play to take the game out of our reach at The Etihad.
Then at WHL it was fairly even, nothing really in it but Aguero got a goal.

That's my concern, even game - or even us playing better- we fail to take a chance or two and then Kun(t) scores.. and then gets injured so he can't inflict damage on our rivals.

Back
Top Bottom