The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great to read all the views on here from everyone who was at the game. Sadly, with family obligations, I wasn't able to follow or take in the match really. Only saw MOTD, which gave the impression we were very lucky to win; seems that isn't true, and we gave a really dominant 2nd half display. Great that HK got his goal, but his place has never been at risk for me as his overall gameplay has been strong all season. But overall, to dominate that MC midfield like we did is seriously impressive.
Don't go by MOTD. We were immense. I'd say 1-1 was a fair result in the first half, they were better at first but we gave away a very poor goal due to a silly pass from Walker (who played great other than that, to be fair). 2nd half of the first half we had plenty of attacks and deserved to be level.

2nd half we were all over them. Every player was amazing. We kept the ball well, outfought them, looked dangerous constantly. Lamela was all over the place, excellent work rate.

Lamela's work rate, incredible.

Walker impressed after his initial flail. I had never expected him to handle Sterling to the point of completely shutting him down.

This win clears a lot of air. We have sustained some serious maulings over the last two years from this bunch. Many of these came at vulnerable parts of the season where our will was tested and failed, foretelling further struggles both on the pitch and with management. The Balotelli incident still stings and I wince when I think of his PK when he should have been sent off.

But it was our day. City will be the ones doing the soul searching, the melting. Let them moan at the officiating all day long, but karma has come back our way. It took a couple of years, but it arrived at last.

Miserable lot they are, and happy to fucking give them a trouncing.

COYS

Hardly any of the media mentioning our win yesterday. It's all about how poor city were and our offsides...fucking joke our football media is in this country...poor on every level.
No mentioning that city should of been down to 10 men. If we had scraped a lucky 1-0 win I could probably understand but it was a fucking mauling.
I know every supporter probably feels like this of their club but there is such a media bias to 5 clubs in this country.

Annoys the fuck out of me as well. Their first goal was offside and as you say justin justin they should have been down to 10 men. We had two offside goals so what's that then 2-0, still a win.

It seems top 4 sides when they get a bad decision it becomes 'oh they lost cos of the ref' but anyone else has the same issues it gets overlooked.

So many excuses. They lost and the deserved to lose end of. Anything else and they look like Mourinho moaning and whining.

Annoys the fuck out of me as well. Their first goal was offside and as you say justin justin they should have been down to 10 men. We had two offside goals so what's that then 2-0, still a win.

It seems top 4 sides when they get a bad decision it becomes 'oh they lost cos of the ref' but anyone else has the same issues it gets overlooked.

So many excuses. They lost and the deserved to lose end of.
Their bitterness only makes it even sweeter. Totally dominated them second half.
Their world class forward line sniffing round at half chances. Aguero virtually anonymous. It was a thing of joy from such a young team. It was mature, composed & clinical. We are in a good place this evening. Long may it continue.

Their bitterness only makes it even sweeter. Totally dominated them second half.
Their world class forward line sniffing round at half chances. Aguero virtually anonymous. It was a thing of joy from such a young team. It was mature, composed & clinical. We are in a good place this evening. Long may it continue.

I know it makes me look like a point scoring I am Mr right but I have said for a long time David Silva is their most important player. Not that Aguero or Yaya ain't good but he makes them tick. I find it odd how a team worth half a billion probably more is so reliant on him.

When he is not on the pitch it seems so much easier to isolate their front players.

Hardly any of the media mentioning our win yesterday. It's all about how poor city were and our offsides...fucking joke our football media is in this country...poor on every level.
No mentioning that city should of been down to 10 men. If we had scraped a lucky 1-0 win I could probably understand but it was a fucking mauling.
I know every supporter probably feels like this of their club but there is such a media bias to 5 clubs in this country.
Better to be under the radar anyway. Media attention is not going to help us, the players know they did a great job.

Thats nice for them. I dont watch us play like shit and lose to Woolwich then say "oh well move on, we will spank City in two days anyway"

But well done to all those who foresaw Saturdays performance. Im proud of you.

Then mainly Pochettino. His only mistake this week, it turns out, was over compensating for yesterday.....he could have left some Gas in the tank.

We can play a lot better still as well, some of our passing in the first half was loose and we showed them a bit too much respect at times. If teams come out to play us and everything clicks we will really thrash someone.

Don't go by MOTD. We were immense. I'd say 1-1 was a fair result in the first half, they were better at first but we gave away a very poor goal due to a silly pass from Walker (who played great other than that, to be fair). 2nd half of the first half we had plenty of attacks and deserved to be level.

2nd half we were all over them. Every player was amazing. We kept the ball well, outfought them, looked dangerous constantly. Lamela was all over the place, excellent work rate.
And it should of been 5 if Son had the presence of mind not to nod in a goal bound attempt and therfore ruling it offside. Fair old battered them

As I have been outed by a self righteous pack of zealots ( gentlemen please ) l will
add this was a great result , but why do you need me to tell you this ?
I don't need you to tell me. But what it proves is you come here simply to air your frustrations when you have something to complain about, rather than to discuss all things Spurs, positive or negative.

We just beat Manchester City 4-1, and you don't appear at all obliged to offer your opinion after such a great win. Yet I bet if we'd lost 3-0 you'd have been in here berating Spurs for not signing a striker/holding mid or blaming Levy for his net spend or something.

That's the most frustrating thing about you and yours. Quick to criticise, yet refuse to applaud the team a job well done.

Back
Top Bottom