The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hardly any of the media mentioning our win yesterday. It's all about how poor city were and our offsides...fucking joke our football media is in this country...poor on every level.
No mentioning that city should of been down to 10 men. If we had scraped a lucky 1-0 win I could probably understand but it was a fucking mauling.
I know every supporter probably feels like this of their club but there is such a media bias to 5 clubs in this country.
Good enough for these bias cunts in the new stadium.
old_press_box_by_olileslie32.jpg

Top day out and performance this, I'm still struggling in my recovery now. Great to spank them lot and have their shite fans silent for the whole of the season half. Only sang when they scored, hate teams like that.

This game has made for some shockwaves regarding our prized new midfield duo.

Give it until next summer and it's going to be full on £70m bid here and there rumour shit fest, isn't it?
Yep. Depends where we finish though. If we can break top four with this team then players get the dream of playing CL football in a very young team & at a club that is moving into a magnificent new stadium, with some of the best training facilities in world football. Apart from the money grabbers who want "treble your salary" agreements, what's not to like about being part of something very special & part of a legacy? It seems Poch has got them all in the "team first" mindset. Let's hope they push on now & build bonds on & off the pitch that make it hard for them to even think of moving away from their Spurs family. This team has shown what it can do. Keeping it together & improving its consistency means we can be a real force in the league & hopefully Europe.

Yep. Depends where we finish though. If we can break top four with this team then players get the dream of playing CL football in a very young team & at a club that is moving into a magnificent new stadium, with some of the best training facilities in world football. Apart from the money grabbers who want "treble your salary" agreements, what's not to like about being part of something very special & part of a legacy? It seems Poch has got them all in the "team first" mindset. Let's hope they push on now & build bonds on & off the pitch that make it hard for them to even think of moving away from their Spurs family. This team has shown what it can do. Keeping it together & improving its consistency means we can be a real force in the league & hopefully Europe.

There's no chance Alli or Dier would leave now. But the rumours will still be flogged around like the one and only truth.

As you say, they've made it into Pochettino's plans for a reason. Doesn't stop the entitled supporters of richer clubs and the media cunts though.

I was actually at this game, the first I've been to for quite some time. The season ticket holder I was sat next to said I could come every week if we play like that!

There's no chance Alli or Dier would leave now. But the rumours will still be flogged around like the one and only truth.

As you say, they've made it into Pochettino's plans for a reason. Doesn't stop the entitled supporters of richer clubs and the media cunts though.
The best players want to play on the best stage (CL). Can't argue with that, & that's why I was thrilled we kept Hugo in the summer. He is at a stage (& an age) where he deserves to be testing himself against the best. If we keep this team together with a few tweaks, then with some consistency & experience thrown in, we will have one of the youngest, most exciting & dangerous teams around. CL is a big ask these days as we all know but it has to be the goal. I would hate this team to be broken up for its parts (are you listening Mr Levy?) & the best way of preventing that is being at the top table. You can't/ won't stop agents or the media (or cunt teams like United/Real/Citeh/Chavs) from trying to shit stir but if the players are happy being part of something they can buy into (I also think the new stadium is part of that) then why would they go elsewhere? Best city in the world playing for a team that everyone is talking about for all the right reasons. A very long way to go, but there are signs that when it clicks we are capable of smashing the best teams in our league.

Absolutely awesome, I was sat in a near empty pub for this and was screaming the place down. Ok, two of our goals were offside but their only goal was also, plus we had a goal bound shot knocked in and deemed correctly offside and Kanes little flash of greediness not laying up Lamella. So we put 5!! (3 OS) should have been 6 past the strongest team in the league so far this year. If we play like that against the teams we expect to beat we'll be laughing. IS Poch's plan finally starting to show, or was it just one of those days when everything just clicked? The thought of the former makes me jumpy with excitement.:allitongue::bentaleblol::bentalebscream::pochsmirk:

Now that a couple of days have passed I think the importance of this win will be measured by how we kick on from here. Each of our biggest wins last season was squandered with a loss the following week so it's crucial that this time we follow up with another strong performance, and preferably a win, at Swansea. Once again, the midweek game complicates things a bit.

Love this part....

Aguero was unable to make his mark on the game, completing only 16 passes before being substituted once Manchester City were 4-1 down. That figure was the lowest of any outfield player who started the game, and lower even than the 18 passes completed by Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris.

Aguero did have five shots during the game, but four of them were blocked by a Spurs defence who largely had him where they wanted him. The one shot that did get through forced a save out of Lloris.

Aguero has had his way with us. Think he scored in the last 5 games we played City.

We shut him down. He had no mark on the game.

Love this part....

Aguero was unable to make his mark on the game, completing only 16 passes before being substituted once Manchester City were 4-1 down. That figure was the lowest of any outfield player who started the game, and lower even than the 18 passes completed by Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris.

Aguero did have five shots during the game, but four of them were blocked by a Spurs defence who largely had him where they wanted him. The one shot that did get through forced a save out of Lloris.

Aguero has had his way with us. Think he scored in the last 5 games we played City.

We shut him down. He had no mark on the game.

Quite nice after him scoring 5 times against us last season that we've worked him out. Just got to do the same at their place where we've been shafted by 6 and 4 the last two seasons with him in the middle of it all.

What a brilliant game and performance yesterday. So glad for Kane and Lamela.
Njie looking like a good signing too.

A wedding on a Saturday afternoon....how very, very odd.
Or is it because I didnt announce it in Random with a thread titled: Wedding! Need Help! Navy or Grey suit!

:avbshit:
A Yid Wedding! :nawty:

Back
Top Bottom