The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First time posting since the game. I'd just like to say how awesome it was to see our defense like a wall against such a potent offense (minus one brain fart from Walker). I have the world's biggest boner for Dier right now.

First time posting since the game. I'd just like to say how awesome it was to see our defense like a wall against such a potent offense (minus one brain fart from Walker). I have the world's biggest boner for Dier right now.

Completely agree.

It wasn't really a defensive mistake from Walker. Just a horrid pass in the final third that was sublimely punished by City. Had it been anybody but Eriksen tracking Toure, I'm sure they would've brought him down and taken the yellow.

In fact I thought Walker was brilliant all game long. He dealt so well with Sterling and was backed up very well by Lamela. Davies was very good, especially when Navas came on and took it to him 1 on 1. Alderweireld and Vertonghen has been a pretty sublime partnership so far and were so tight to Aguero all afternoon long. The difference to what normally happens was that Aguero couldn't turn Alderweireld and Vertonghen like he has done with Kaboul, Fazio and Dawson the last couple of seasons. It was obvious that he pushed on to Alderweireld to stay away from Vertonghen, but that Toby dealt much better with him than our previous defenders have in the past.

I hope our defense can keep this level of organisation and concentration throughout the season. It's been a while since we've been this solid.

I missed the game and thought I would just catch up by reading the Evening Standard report. But apparently, while Woolwich are now title contenders after a bold statement of intent, it seems our match against City was postponed or something cos there was no mention. Oh, but apparently we bought seven players with the Bale money 3 years ago, and Baldini's last day came around even though that was announced in the Summer.

That paper is a fucking joke!!!!

I went to the same wedding as Sammy!
(Away on family business)

Only just watched the game and thought we were sublime after the first 20 mins!

Superb performance all round!

Would single out Lamela and Dier but by far our best performance of the season and 'up there' with the home games against the Chavs and Woolwich last season!

So well done Poch but the Woolwich game still hurts!

I used to rate Clattenburg as a ref but his decision not to 2nd yellow DeMichelis was disgraceful and the worst one in a game littered by poor official decisions.

So well done and hopefully we'll consolidate this performance against the Swans!

COYS

Back
Top Bottom