The annoyance thread - If you have grumbles

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering there's threads for managers, yet if you have issue then you get attacked for raising said issues in there, this is the alternative thread.

This isn't to say that perhaps you didn't enjoy or appreciate certain aspects of certain managers, it's an overall "FFS" thread. I don't particularly think that we've had a manager for quite some time who has really done a job over the length of his term that reflects either the talent at his disposal, nor the opportunities available.

People go on about "we should have got Rodgers", but perhaps we get more frustrated that the scousers have two teams of managers who now fully utilise the potential in the players available to them.

For example:

Harry
Showed he could play fantastic football and get us near the top of the table, but also threw it all away with either stupid results or decisions each season. Finishing fourth twice was fantastic, but I keep wondering what future he could have built if he was fully committed to us - I look back to 2011/12 and think that's perhaps the best team we've had in nearly 3 decades; Bale, Modric, VDV, Ade, even with the ageing King and Parker throwing in good shifts. All this whilst Liverpool were down on their luck, City were still on the precipice, Woolwich still flapping and Chelsea were sans-Mourinho. Sigh...

AVB
Had Bale at his best, potentially the ability to sign some fantastic players if he put his foot down with Baldini/Levy, and still some great talent - but managed to completely undo the great footballing work laid down by Redknapp. Also, essentially traded in Van der Vaart for the fabled Silef Gujersson....

Sherwood
Had the ability to give us a "home grown" manager and restore the best parts of the Redknapp Dynasty, yet has somehow made us look like each individual player invents their own tactics, with our defensive players gaining more goal assists against us than the rest of the PL midfield put together. Gets the results, but also has manage to alienate the majority of the fanbase, despite the results, by acting like he's a pundit still.

I can only hope that we still have a chance at getting in a Rodgers/Martinez type manager capable of simultaneously not being a cunt, whilst getting the best out of our players.

We should have spent the Bale money on research for reviving the dead. Dig up Bill Nick and get his bones to manage.

We could also have given Harry a super-facelift. He would have had a permanent smile, and difficulty communicating with the media.

Superb

It's about managers, not you. Read a post properly for once.

:avbshock:

OK I'll grumble about managers. In your example you left out AVB making Ade play with the kids.

It's like doing a documentary on Kennedy and skipping the part where he gets assassinated.

OK I'll grumble about managers. In your example you left out AVB making Ade play with the kids.

It's like doing a documentary on Kennedy and skipping the part where he got assassinated.

I didn't. It was my opinion, I left it out as I don't see it as an issue (nor would it be, had Soldado performed to his price tag).

Based on the stories made public they were both as bad as each other - there's evidence to show that it was blown out of proportion by the media, whereas Sherwood's falling-out's seem to be without any definable reason other than him having less than apt man management skills.

Redknapp bemoaned not getting a top club for years. Works wonders with us and then played poker with Levy, went all in on England and shit out. I certainly did enjoy the football though and my night in Milan was one of the very best moments. Ah what might've been.......

Redknapp bemoaned not getting a top club for years. Works wonders with us and then played poker with Levy, went all in on England and shit out. I certainly did enjoy the football though and my night in Milan was one of the very best moments. Ah what might've been.......

And since, back where he came from - in the relegation/championship singing has-been's cycle.

Like a fable of greed

Yes and it shows that you are blinkered when it comes to AVB's level of competence. No mention of Ade, high line etc etc speaks volumes I'm afraid.

Can you, for once, post something at least vaguely constructive rather than bouncing in off the back of yet another Modric argument to just troll-ol-lol away?

Sherwood plays a high line too, you might have noticed? I personally didn't care about AVBs tactics with regards to defence, we had a fantastic defensive record but for two results against teams that have torn nearly every team apart this season, so I'd suggest that it speaks volumes for you more - making criticisms personally rather than on a balance of logic and analysis.

You could try contributing to a thread for once, rather than picking away at other people's thoughts.

Can you, for once, post something at least vaguely constructive rather than bouncing in off the back of yet another Modric argument to just troll-ol-lol away?

Sherwood plays a high line too, you might have noticed?

Me pointing out your lack of Ade and high line in your AVB blurb is exactly that. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

If you don't like people pulling apart your posts, try not to paint over massive failings in AVB's tenure. Thats not trolling. It's hard truth.

Me pointing out your lack of Ade and high line in your AVB blurb is exactly that. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

If you don't like people pulling apart your posts, try not to paint over massive failings in AVB's tenure. Thats not trolling. It's hard truth.

You're not an English teacher here to mark our posts.

You don't contribute by "constructively criticising" other people's views, you're trying to tell people off for not agreeing with the way your mind works.

People are no doubt sick of seeing you pick arguments, so shut up and contribute in an adult fashion or bore off

Back
Top Bottom