The Athletic UK Football Coverage

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I subscribed to the Athletic when they first started about 2-3 years ago. It used to be amazing with in-depth articles and information you would not find on other websites. But I feel they have really gone downhill since they tried "breaking" news and giving alert updates. The thing that made them different was they focused on long articles only, now they are just like every other news sources.

Perfect example, the Athletic reported yesterday that players are loving Nuno and his training. Today they reported players feel Nuno is too distant. That's the type of garbage Sky would provide, not the old Athletic.
Agree with this 100%.

The site used to provide quality journalism (I can only comment on the football reportage). Now, I find the site's infrastructure much harder to navigate - more 'sliders' with headlines and the same article sometimes found slightly further down the scroll - along with more 'populist' articles than in the past, which I can find online for free, if I ever wanted to. There's still some very good journalism there but overall I don't think it's now worth paying for and won't be renewing, even at a discount (which I think could be part of the problem as they are always offering some sort of deal to subscribe).

Back
Top Bottom