The Don Levy Appreciation Thread!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A question posed in psychology classrooms in years to come.

The above comments appeared on The Fighting Cock immediately after what event took place?

A) Spurs won the double

B) Spurs won their first trophy in over a decade

C) Spurs chairman secured a cut price deal for a Championship footballer
On and on and on and on and on and on and on...:wall:

I've heard of Don Revie and everyone has heard of Danny Boy. But wasn't there a winger called Don Levy in the 70s'? Played for QPR and maybe us?

Or am I losing it?

Starting a half cut Kane in the champions league final? Benching our hero from the Ajax match? Good riddance poch. As far as i know he is still unemployed

No he did not. Poch was way out of his comfort sone when things got down and dirty.
It was a bit tongue in cheek. He was far too finnicky when it came to transfers. Rejected some very good and fairly gettable transfer targets over the years who went on to flourish down the years.

He then dug his heels in with Ndombele, Lo celso and Sessegnon. My speculation is that he just wanted to get star signings after several flops like Janssen, Nkoudu etc. except he didn't pay attention to the needs of the squad overall.

For the price of Ndombele, Mou got two starters, a backup RB and striker, keeper and Bale. Poch just didn't give a shit that we had no backup striker, no RB, LB, DM going into the season.

It was a bit tongue in cheek. He was far too finnicky when it came to transfers. Rejected some very good and fairly gettable transfer targets over the years who went on to flourish down the years.

He then dug his heels in with Ndombele, Lo celso and Sessegnon. My speculation is that he just wanted to get star signings after several flops like Janssen, Nkoudu etc. except he didn't pay attention to the needs of the squad overall.

For the price of Ndombele, Mou got two starters, a backup RB and striker, keeper and Bale. Poch just didn't give a shit that we had no backup striker, no RB, LB, DM going into the season.
Never told anyone before but Bruno Fernandes was our player if only poch pulled Levys finger out his ass.

Never told anyone before but Bruno Fernandes was our player if only poch pulled Levys finger out his ass.
Poch just had to have the Argentinian and the Ndombelly.

Nah, but for real, the issue seems to be that Sporting were unwilling to budge on their fee, and finally relented in Jan, by which point we'd already got Lo Celso.

Poch just had to have the Argentinian and the Ndombelly.

Nah, but for real, the issue seems to be that Sporting were unwilling to budge on their fee, and finally relented in Jan, by which point we'd already got Lo Celso.
You might be right on that. I still feel we missed out. Fernandes is carrying Man U at the moment.

I am just being greedy now.
Let's hope Lo Celso comes good. He did have a hand in two goals in his last 3 PL games. Just as Mou gives Sissoko a specific role based on his limited abilities, maybe he can find a role for Lo Celso where he can thrive.

Let's hope Lo Celso comes good. He did have a hand in two goals in his last 3 PL games. Just as Mou gives Sissoko a specific role based on his limited abilities, maybe he can find a role for Lo Celso where he can thrive.
Sissoko needs micro management. Lo Celso i hope can grow and become more of a midfield maestro.

I agree that Jose is clearer and more decisive than Poch was about who we wanted. But anybody who wants to lay all the blame for our prior transfer windows on Poch can do one. We were clearly hamstrung for cash by the stadium. I guarantee you Poch didn’t want to go through a Summer window with ZERO new signings. Conversely, Jose has received the good fortune of the stadium expense being done and a pandemic that has put more poorly managed clubs than Spurs under financial pressure—creating bargains in the market.

Jose has done really well so far. But taking that as an opportunity to denigrate Poch who was a fucking amazing coach for us really chaps my ass.

I agree that Jose is clearer and more decisive than Poch was about who we wanted. But anybody who wants to lay all the blame for our prior transfer windows on Poch can do one. We were clearly hamstrung for cash by the stadium. I guarantee you Poch didn’t want to go through a Summer window with ZERO new signings. Conversely, Jose has received the good fortune of the stadium expense being done and a pandemic that has put more poorly managed clubs than Spurs under financial pressure—creating bargains in the market.

Jose has done really well so far. But taking that as an opportunity to denigrate Poch who was a fucking amazing coach for us really chaps my ass.
The constant efforts of some of our fan base to try and ridicule and fire shots at Pochettino really does boggle the mind.
The man did more for this club than anyone else in the last 20 to 30 years. It’s actually staggering the disrespect he gets from some sections of our support...

Back
Top Bottom