The Don Levy Appreciation Thread!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope you boys appreciate the mental turmoil I'm enduring by actually allowing myself to look at this thread. Let alone post in it.

All I can say is that given his record of overseeing 1 paltry carling cup in 2 decades of stewardship of one of the biggest clubs in the land.
Given his acknowledgment he's only involved in football to milk it's popularity and make money.
Given he's the highest paid CEO in English football.
And given his determination to rip off fans with the highest ticket prices on the planet......

Could only happen on a Spurs forum.

The fact this thread even exists backs up my theory that this forum will be used as a case study by psychologists and scholars in decades to come.

My one and only contribution. I need a stiff drink.

Enjoy the rest of the thread, guys

Agreed. Embarrassing . Delusional if you think Levy is taking us in the right direction. A crocked superstar on loan who we will be lucky to get 20 games out of; bargain basement signings the rest of them, apart from Reguilon. Would love to be proven wrong. But i feel, yet again, we will see Levy's false economy come back to bite us. I'm in an unfortunate situation whereby my housemates and many of my friends are gunners. Their opinion of the Levy is so accurate: "long may he stay in charge of spurs - because with him, you aint winning anything" or words to that effect. In fact most fans of other teams concur. The apologists on this site are an embarrassment. If you support Levy you support the lack of investment - not much needed at the time - that could have seen us win a league a few years ago. Remember, we were far better than Liverpool 4 years ago. They're net investment hasn't been much greater than ours. Smarter though.

Agreed. Embarrassing . Delusional if you think Levy is taking us in the right direction. A crocked superstar on loan who we will be lucky to get 20 games out of; bargain basement signings the rest of them, apart from Reguilon. Would love to be proven wrong. But i feel, yet again, we will see Levy's false economy come back to bite us. I'm in an unfortunate situation whereby my housemates and many of my friends are gunners. Their opinion of the Levy is so accurate: "long may he stay in charge of spurs - because with him, you aint winning anything" or words to that effect. In fact most fans of other teams concur. The apologists on this site are an embarrassment. If you support Levy you support the lack of investment - not much needed at the time - that could have seen us win a league a few years ago. Remember, we were far better than Liverpool 4 years ago. They're net investment hasn't been much greater than ours. Smarter though.

Of course we are

RiPESLq.jpg

Or do you really mean He's lucky to have us?

Spurs chief Daniel Levy makes rich list for first time thanks to £329m fortune
This is the appreciation thread if your going to be a negative Nancy then shut the door on your way out petal!

I think Levy made a statement when he hired Mourinho. He signaled that Spurs is now in the big league and ready to win trophies. He obviously know he has to spend because Mourinho would want instant impact and not an academy builder (that is his reputation because he is a fixer). I would say Levy is someone that would spend wisely unlike the idiot over in Manure (preferred Rugby Union over football). Yes, I am talking about you Woody.

For this transfer window, hes done well. So 2 pats on the back for this one. But if he doesnt make the loan deals permanent, I'll take 1 pat back.

If Vinicius isn't made perm, then he won't have impressed; so consider it a lucky escape and we just move onto another target.

Bale: Nothing to gain from a permanent deal.... If it goes well; loan again.

If Vinicius isn't made perm, then he won't have impressed; so consider it a lucky escape and we just move onto another target.

Bale: Nothing to gain from a permanent deal.... If it goes well; loan again.
Agreed completely. But you can only praise the chairman for filling the striker position once. If he borrows one that fails and we are back to square one, then nothing was actually done since that position would still be not filled.

Agreed completely. But you can only praise the chairman for filling the striker position once. If he borrows one that fails and we are back to square one, then nothing was actually done since that position would still be not filled.

Perhaps he does ok, just not enough to make us wanna spend 40m.....?

Perhaps the plan is not to sign him permanently all along....? Maybe he's just seen as a stop-gap before signing that Daka guy?

We could have bagged any number of STs that turned out not to 'click' (or get seriously injured after 15mins).... As stands we have had a damn good window.

Personally, I'm not gonna get bogged down with whether it's a 8, 9 or 10/10 window.... Nor whether or not I'll need to retract x-amount of praise in 12 months time.... It's widely reported that Jose wanted this guy... We got an ST2 and backed the manager.

Last edited:
Benfica - oh shit we've blow all that money by missing out on the CL who can we sell for cash ... Dias? Vinicius?

Khaldoon Al Mubarak 'give me Dias I'll pay you 62m with 52m cash up front'
Daniel Levy 'I'll give Vinicius a go, how about 3m cash up front then 36m next summer if I fancy him'

He's one tight geezer, but at least he's our tight geezer .....

"gunners". You mean cunts? You must be the only spurs I've ever heard call them gunners. Hell I dated one and referred to them as cunts all the time.

Benfica - oh shit we've blow all that money by missing out on the CL who can we sell for cash ... Dias? Vinicius?

Khaldoon Al Mubarak 'give me Dias I'll pay you 62m with 52m cash up front'
Daniel Levy 'I'll give Vinicius a go, how about 3m cash up front then 36m next summer if I fancy him'

He's one tight geezer, but at least he's our tight geezer .....
One word.
Mendes.

He was apparently Mourinho's top target so I don't think the blame is on Levy if he doesn't work out.

Back
Top Bottom