The Don Levy Appreciation Thread!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He said he enjoys seeing Spurs not signing any plays because he gets hard seeing our fans getting wound up.

If it sounds like a troll and smells like troll ??
If he said that - bearing in mind I've not seen the context - then it's hardly covering him in glory I agree, but presumably we've all said things on here in the heat of the moment that are less than helpful - be honest, don't we all get some 'joy' from seeing 'the enemy' squirm? For me a troll is something different, someone who does little else other than try to wind people up, usually doesn't even believe in what they are saying but maintain a position purely for the fun of arguing - do you actually not believe that Shadydan Shadydan (for example) believes in the position he maintains? If you think not then that's fine, we can agree to disagree ( ;) ), but I believe he argues for what he genuinely believes, which is the whole point of having a forum. If people just want everyone to agree with everything they think, they'd be better off replacing their laptop screen with a mirror.

He said he enjoys seeing Spurs not signing any plays because he gets hard feeling our fans getting wound up.

If it sounds like a troll and smells like troll ??

A quote taken out of context, what a surprise :)

Actually I said that I like it when we leave our transfers late because babies like yourself who demand instant transfers throw your toys out the pram because you don't get your own way, perhaps if you set your expectations lower and maybe wait until the end of the window before wetting yourself then you wouldn't act like like spoilt entitled kids, there's a perfectly good explanation as to why the vast majority of football clubs leave their business late and we are no exception.

If a mix of this and the fact I said 'My Chairman' makes me a troll and upsets you then you really need to grow some balls, let's be real - the internet isn't the place for you if you're getting rattled by that.

If he said that then it's hardly covering him in glory I agree, but presumably we've all said things on here in the heat of the moment that are less than helpful - be honest, don't we all get some 'joy' from seeing 'the enemy' squirm? For me a troll is something different, someone who does little else other than try to wind people up, usually doesn't even believe in what they are saying but maintain a position purely for the fun of arguing - do you actually not believe that Shadydan Shadydan (for example) believes in the position he maintains? If you think not then that's fine, we can agree to disagree ( ;) ), but I believe he argues for what he genuinely believes, which is the whole point of having a forum. If people just want everyone to agree with everything they think, they'd be better off replacing their laptop screen with a mirror.
Anyway mate, as you rightly say it's your thread and it shouldn't be hijacked by those like me who want Levy and ENIC to fuck off out of our FOOTBALL (sic) club.

I'll leave you all to it.

Anyway mate, as you rightly say it's your thread and it shouldn't be hijacked by those like me who want Levy and ENIC to fuck off out of our FOOTBALL (sic) club.

I'll leave you all to it.
Bit like last week, I'm not sure if you're being sincere or sarcastic there (I'm useless at judging such things) but let's assume the former. :) It's certainly not my thread (I've never been on it before today I don't think) and I won't be wallowing here as I have no extreme view at either end (though clearly I'm nearer to one end than the other, having read all I've read on here in recent months and seen the respective approaches... ;) ) - anyway let's hope we all end the evening with a smile and 3 points, putting other differences aside if only for a couple of hours to get behind the team.
:tobyarm:

Frustrated London GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Gave him a lot of support for the training ground and the stadium and understood the need to manage spend during this period ..... But fuck me, he really hasn't got a clue on how to run a football club. You could take every decision he's made and reverse it and we'd be better off.

He is a fucking moron, a grade A piss stain skiddy undies shyster babby keks farter.

You just know he loves Snow Patrol, Shania Twain and Coldplay and believes he's cool, he should have been called Trevor.

Fuck me, has Daniel signed up to this place to get some love?

Hart - Free
PEH - 15m
Doherty - 15m
Bale - loan
Reggy - 30m (potentially a glorified loan)

Still no CB.
Still no CF.

Still no naming rights!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves because SSN tells you we're talking about loaning some one you never heard of before to play as 2nd fiddle to Kane.

Especially when our no.1 CB target just went to City because they DO back their manager.

Man you got a lot of disagrees for this despite being absolutely, undeniably correct.

A real father figure for me

And for many of our fanbase too

We'd be lost without his calming presence in our lives

Don Daddy Daniel

Man you got a lot of disagrees for this despite being absolutely, undeniably correct.

It's been obvious that Levy and ENIC are parasites for at least 13 years. At LEAST.
And people here there and everywhere carry on peddling this crap about "it could be so much worse"

Yeah, if could. But it could be so much better.
And tbh, I'd rather fail trying to win than succeed in trying to run as lean as possible and stay in the top half.

He helped move the club forward after Sugar (who in turn stabilised the club when he took over).

Re. Trophies we are unlucky not to have won a couple under Enic, fine margins missing out. But their lack of balls at key moments contributed to that also (Nelsen and Saha anyone?)

But to me, Levy has clearly lost his way on the football side, from about a year or two before Poch went. We have been on the slide, squad has stagnated, players not replaced properly, poor recruitment, shambolic managerial appointments/sackings.

Levy has been in post longer than any of his peers in the league. It shows. Him and Lewis are a package. If they sell, they will realise a huge profit on their initial investment. It's time for them to go and for the club to move forward again.

London, the stadium, a huge UK fanbase, high profile players and coaches here in recent years. We are absolutely ripe for a Qatari type takeover and go past everyone else in the league.

Many people who dared to question last summers window were met with similar disdain, despite the fact that it was almost identical to that Mourinho window, in that when you really look at it all we really signed was a load of cheap rubbish that didn’t address any of the real issues in the squad.

So many people on here were giving last summers window a 9(!) out of 10.
I don’t know if it boils down to ignorance or just being stupid, but it’s mind blowing none the less.

Back
Top Bottom