The end of a beautiful relationship

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have had a think about this, this is all basically karma because no one said enough positive things about my 'return of the feel good factor' article which was excellent .

Well if none of you are going to big me up, someone has to do it!

:allitongue:

I am not sure if articles are auto edited or just added as a blog.

There are many posters on here who make eloquent and well thought out arguments. Some of them I don't agree with but I would encourage anyone who feels like they can put something together to submit an article. Barring justin, obvs.

I don't write too often, that last one was down to feeling pretty pumped after the chelsea performance. But I sometimes like to put things on paper to look back and capture that moment.

This was one badly timed and negative piece but there's a lot of good stuff there too and really interesting insights from other fans.

And this is why I rarely read the TFC articles. I'm sure some are good, but ones I have read tend to fall into two categories:

a) someone trying desperately hard to be a journalist when they grow up.
b) someone who can't get their point across in a few lines in a thread.

If the object of this exercise was to stop me reading TFC articles then mission accomplished. I'll just stick to the match, player and 'come here to laugh at..' threads* from now on.

EDIT: *and the transfer thread which is like the most addictive form of crack cocaine ever...

What a stupid self-defeating article, "The start of the Eddie Howe era"?

Are you the owner of a Tottenham Hotspur supporters website or a typical Man Utd backed media parasite?

IMO, Man Utd are a club in massive decline, barring a miracle of them winning the tournament, they likely won't even have CL football next season, they're now like Liverpool have been most of the last 3 or so decades, a club living on past glories, reputation and a fanbase largely made up of glory hunters, what they actually have is money and a home media who will worship the ground they walk on regardless of how shit they are.

Are you that naive that you don't know what would happen if Poch left? He'd take his whole backroom staff and likely a large chunk of the squad with him, leaving us back at square one with a 62,000 seater stadium watching mid table football or worse every week, regardless of who is manager, a manager who would have to rebuild almost an entire team.

It would also affirm us as permanent fodder for the so called "big clubs" who build up players just to have all our hard work stolen from us at the benefit or our rivals.

can't read it , but l gather it is the words of a traitor.
Objective critism is to be praised good or bad .
This is from a fifth columnist schooled in the doctrine of a Neville Chamberlain.
Article should be put in a pit of shit .

Read the thread. Didn't read the article.

Those heady days of 1882 & Love the Shirt seem so long ago.....
Charlton/Barnet etc, good old days. Unfortunately they don't seem to want to organise anything else, or even get someone on board that does. Strange.... I guess the increased profiles was enough?

The article was very very strange to me, I just hope that the guy is Spooky in disguise and that it's a satire piece.

Pochettino's urged Spurs' supporters to have more faith in his and the club's decisions, saying that greater belief among the fanbase would make Spurs stronger. He also says the media are largely responsible for negative perceptions.

From the horses mouth.

Read the thread. Didn't read the article.

Those heady days of 1882 & Love the Shirt seem so long ago.....

Living abroad I never got to go to one of those, and by time I started coming home more regularly it was over.
I loved reading about hundreds of people going Charlton mid week and singing for the youth teams for 90 minutes.
A small movement started gaining a little press in EL games too, then nothing.

Absolutely nothing. From Ultras to Arcspace.

Rotten shame

Saun Durkin Poch is talking to you, you micro dicked twat:

“When I say ‘worst feeling’ I don’t speak about inside of the club. I talk about the perception outside. We are still fragile, not solid enough as a club to support some good and some bad because the perception of the people can affect the club. I think we are changing a lot, but our self-belief is still so fragile.”

Pochettino used the example of Tottenham’s transfer policy and the signing of goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga to highlight how he would like to change perceptions of the club.

He added: “If we don’t sign in January, people say we are going to struggle - it’s all negative. Rather than say ‘Tottenham didn’t sign anyone is because they believe they have the tools to maybe challenge for the title’. It’s always negative.

“The doubt is always negative, never positive and that’s because of the history. Because of what happened in the past. We need to fight with this perception and to be proud of the team.

“Look at the case of when we signed Paulo Gazzaniga, the people criticise, ‘Oh, he signed the third keeper’. We signed Paulo one-year-and-a-half years ago from Southampton and the perception was, ‘Oh, we cannot announce the player because it looks like we don’t have ambition. If we present the player from Southampton, the club don’t have ambition’.

“It’s so poor, no? It’s so bad. It’s a shame, because after one-year-and-a-half, Paulo kept a clean sheet in the derby against Woolwich for the first time at the Emirates and he was fantastic.

“But because always the doubt is negative, sometimes we cannot behave with freedom and we need freedom. Of course, read the media, listen to the fans, but in the end we need to feel free to take the decision.”

And this is why I rarely read the TFC articles. I'm sure some are good, but ones I have read tend to fall into two categories:

a) someone trying desperately hard to be a journalist when they grow up.
b) someone who can't get their point across in a few lines in a thread.

If the object of this exercise was to stop me reading TFC articles then mission accomplished. I'll just stick to the match, player and 'come here to laugh at..' threads* from now on.

EDIT: *and the transfer thread which is like the most addictive form of crack cocaine ever...
a + b = Blakey

Back
Top Bottom