The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the pride and passion of the Newcastle supporters for their club is heartwarming. I wish them well going forward and sincerely hope the influx of vast wealth does not diminish the heart and soul of this proud club.
Fantastic stadium , bang in the centre of town and the 140 step climb to the away end certainly tests your stamina.
I won't hold your breath... you saw all the locals wearing Arab Sheikh fancy dress costumes yesterday I assume? They don't give a shit about 'soul' now that they've sold theirs.
Where the money came from, and who's funding it is an irrelevance now that they're virtually guaranteed success.... which OBVIOUSLY money can't buy... but it sure can fucking lend a hand!! (NO pun intended!!!)

They were saying the same about "people's club" Man City 10 years ago.... now there's barely a local inside The Etihad on match days!!

I won't hold your breath... you saw all the locals wearing Arab Sheikh fancy dress costumes yesterday I assume? They don't give a shit about 'soul' now that they've sold theirs.
Where the money came from, and who's funding it is an irrelevance now that they're virtually guaranteed success.... which OBVIOUSLY money can't buy... but it sure can fucking lend a hand!! (NO pun intended!!!)

They were saying the same about "people's club" Man City 10 years ago.... now there's barely a local inside The Etihad on match days!!
They still can’t fill it. Plenty of empty seats v Burnley.

My wife and I got back from Newcastle this afternoon having traveled up early yesterday morning. It is an amazing city on a match day, the place is absolutely buzzing and the pride and passion of the Newcastle supporters for their club is heartwarming. I wish them well going forward and sincerely hope the influx of vast wealth does not diminish the heart and soul of this proud club.
Fantastic stadium , bang in the centre of town and the 140 step climb to the away end certainly tests your stamina. We were in the very front row so had an excellent view albeit you are far from the pitch.Our away support was, as always, immense.
Wishing the supporter who was taken ill a full and speedy recovery and well done to our players for their reactions and help in orchestrating assistance.
On the pitch I thought there were lots of strong performances and I was particularly impressed by Oliver Skipp. I look forward to watching it back tomorrow.Typically Tottenham to win 3-2 when it could and probably should have been 4-1 or 5-1.
All in all a fantastic away trip, if you haven’t been I would thoroughly recommend it.COYS!!!!
Glad you enjoyed it. Are the away supporters still up in the gods? They were only supposed to be allowed to do that for one season.

There’s a picture doing the rounds on Twitter of the offender, I won’t be reposting it

Why not? Name and shame the racist little cunt!
If there's a PHOTO of him doing it (whatever 'it' was.... I can only assume it's a bit "Zeig Heiley"?) then EVERYONE should see.... his family, his workmates.... his mates dowm at the 'Punched Horse' Pub that he no doubt drinks at....

I honestly can't see why not showing it is a good thing? (Unless he had his top off like the rest of the Wor Geordie Nation.... NO ONE needs to see any more of that!)

If there's a PHOTO of him doing it (whatever 'it' was.... I can only assume it's a bit "Zeig Heiley"?) then EVERYONE should see.... his family, his workmates.... his mates dowm at the 'Punched Horse' Pub that he no doubt drinks at....

I honestly can't see why not showing it is a good thing? (Unless he had his top off like the rest of the Wor Geordie Nation.... NO ONE needs to see any more of that!)

It’s been shared on Twitter, and also to Newcastle, the Police and relevant authorities. Hopefully they will deal with it.

I’m not going to repost the picture on this forum as some may find it disrespectful and offensive, I think that’s fair?

Yeah.

There's people on here saying we have shit players.

If you look at the second goal against villa and the third against Newcastle, both proper team goals with slick moves involving multiple players.

I said after villa, we have players who can play. We need to set them up in a system which allows us to do that. 4231 is the one.

Most importantly we need to have the mindset of wanting to play
What was slightly worrying and we have seen it many times before is the mindset that says we are winning so no need to do any more. Even yday toon were so poor for most of the 2nd half yet we still let them get a goal when down to 10 men. The whole attitude of the players needs to change. We play relaxed casual and sloppy wasting great situations where we could score but mess up bcos a player has not been sharp enough. Instead trying to take on too many players, too many touches, or choosing wrong option. Example when PEH was running at their defence the obv pass was to Kane in space but he plays it to son in the middle who had two players around him and subsequently loses the ball. Pass to Kane and his through on goal.

There’s a picture doing the rounds on Twitter of the offender, I won’t be reposting it

I'm not scared. I'll post the video of this Racist Geordie Scumbag...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

why be disappointed - it was a fluke/accident, sometimes when it happens you get away with it, or rectify it into row Z. Dier pulled the short straw and kneed it past Lloris.

for some it's proof positive that Dier is responsible for all the worlds ills,

for adults, it's just a bit of shit luck.
But he gave away a stupid foul in the first place by diving into back of defender rather than stay just stay tight.

I'm not scared. I'll post the video of this Racist Geordie Scumbag...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Okay, maybe I’m being a bit over sensitive. I’ll post the picture

How did Newcastle look good? They had one shot on goal (in the first 2 minutes). Zero the remaining 88).

We completely dominated them except the stupid own goal we conceded.

In that first 30 minutes we were attrocious. Like I said, if newcastle knew how to make a shot on target we’d have been in trouble. Their counters were actually decent they just didnt have anyone with the quality to do anything with it.

All I saw was sloppy football and bad defending. Beating newcastle was to be expected and yet 2 minutes in we were 1-0 down. So i wont act like we just won the league. Theres a long way to go and that performance to me showed little to no improvement. Its okay managing a half arsed performance against a club sitting in 19th with only 3 points but if thats now the standard to be happy with this performance and result then we truly have gone backwards.

The real test is next week and we wont get away with that kind of defending. Simple as. Newcastle are piss poor. Fact. Just because theyve had new owners for 2 minutes doesnt change that. It was a guaranteed three points, and we still made a pigs ear out of it.

Last edited:
I've watched the first one a few times. Have to give credit to Wilson for the movement, it was very, very clever to hide behind Romero and then get around him in the time it took the cross to come in. Dier was still marking no one though. He was, as he often is, stranded in no mans land and not really adding to anything.
As for the 2nd, whether Romero missed it or not isn't important when Dier tried to head the ball, failed, fell over and kneed it into the goal like a complete pleb,
Good point. If you look at the replay it appears Skipp gestures toward where he wants Dier to go (or maybe to let him know he has the ball if Manquillo turns in toward the goal). Dier drops low and doesn't appear to be aware of the runner coming behind him. In his defense it does look like Manquillo is moving around Regulon. Dier could have stepped to Manquillo or he could have held his ground and looked for the runner coming in behind but he ended up not quite doing either one. He's not far off or way out of position, he's just (as you say) caught between.

Good point. If you look at the replay it appears Skipp gestures toward where he wants Dier to go (or maybe to let him know he has the ball if Manquillo turns in toward the goal). Dier drops low and doesn't appear to be aware of the runner coming behind him. In his defense it does look like Manquillo is moving around Regulon. Dier could have stepped to Manquillo or he could have held his ground and looked for the runner coming in behind but he ended up not quite doing either one. He's not far off or way out of position, he's just (as you say) caught between.
I seem to recall even Skipp being culpable in the build up too though to be fair.

Ian Darke ? Swear it was Martin Tyler, and you are correct. He literally said “oooo nooooo” when we got the winner. You would think a neutral commentator would at least pretend to be excited after such a thrilling conclusion.

TBF that was Andy Gray saying "oooo noooo" Tyler was fine for that game IMHO. I think it was more reflective of the Spammers dire season than the fact we beat them.

Back
Top Bottom