The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, arm held loosely, slightly bent at the elbow. Fingers not strained and held tightly together. It's an arm in the air. The other is a nazi salute from where I'm sitting.
Like I said before, the second is "hailing", which every football fan has done while singing that their team is the greatest that the world has ever seen, or, for that matter, requesting a taxi in the street. Note the fingers not outstretched to the max and all together and the arm not rigidly extended.

The first is "heiling", without a doubt

Not read much of this thread since the match finished but elsewhere people are dismissing the result as it is against a poor team. Yet before the match many were expecting a defeat and the Newcastle players were fast out of the blocks and got the lead which teams like this even when we had a better team sometimes failed to recover from. Apart from the start and the OG we controlled the game well and produced a good away result. Same team against the Spammers and hopefully a similar result.

As caretaker? Because if not this has serious Mark Hughes at Man City vibes to it. Which I guess is a good thing.
I can't believe he'll get this gig. Entirely the wrong short term appointment. Probably good at getting them back up but they need someone to keep them up in the first place.

They need to revamp the squad, he's not got a great record of buying well. Good at getting a team of youngsters up through the divisions, but that's exactly what the Barcodes aren't.

I can't believe he'll get this gig. Entirely the wrong short term appointment. Probably good at getting them back up but they need someone to keep them up in the first place.

They need to revamp the squad, he's not got a great record of buying well. Good at getting a team of youngsters up through the divisions, but that's exactly what the Barcodes aren't.

With Stavely's fella currently playing DOF; unless they get that sorted, this could all go deliciously wrong...... :avbpray:

That must have been 7 or 8 passes before the goal, how far back in a game do you have to go to start apportioning blame?
I'd rather have him trying that stuff on the edge of an opponents penalty area and failing than never trying.
He gave away the possession we had with a pass he didn't even look for when he played it and then was the slowest player running back after giving the ball away.

It happens all the time with him, gives it away far too much and doesn't work hard enough to win it back. 5 passes by the way...and the last midfielder arsed to track back.

The wheels will fall off the truck at Newcastle before they get where they want to.

Sir John Hall thinks it will take them 5 years.
I'd say closer to 10 years.

FFP will absolutely get in the way of what they'd like to spend on transfers.

If you were happy with long term sustainable success you'd start with the Academy, rebuild it and make sure it was properly funded. It's a football mad part of the world. One club City, good catchment area. Imagine the success they'd have had in the past if they'd developed, off the top of my head:

Shearer;
Carrick;
Steve Bruce (the player, not the manager);
Jack and Bobby Charlton.

There'll be loads more.

And then there are the ones they sold:

Waddle;
Beardsley;
Malcolm MacDonald.

And presumably they wouldn't need to in future.

Shocking that there last cup win was 1955.

Fairs Cup doesn't count. They were invited despite only finishing 10th in Div 1. Less than a point a game.

To be fair, scum were abnormally clinical against us that day. Cunts were scoring from every attack.
We let them though. The midfield set up was all wrong, leaving out defence vunerable for every attack.

If we had gone with the same line up we have seeen vs Villa and Newcastle, I think we'd have beaten them.

Back
Top Bottom