The Europa League appreciation thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Turn the Europa League into a straight knock from the start. Put it on a decent channel (none of this two bit ITV4, ESPN bullshit), give it a theme tune and change the branding, then no one would be bitching about it.

Part of the issue everyone has with the EL is the way in which its marketed. If someone in Uefa got some balls and put it on alternate weeks to the CL, you would see the media take an interest, the sponsors and then the rest of us would follow.

It remains a prestigious tournament.

Would rather win the EL than get Straw Dogged by Bayern at home. No amount of money in the world is worth a global pillaging.

2 teams who came 3rd in their champion league groups play in the final of the Europa

Cunty McCunts

And that, in a nutshell Ladies and Gentlemen is the true shambles that is the Champions League drop outs/Europa league system!

It needs to change, or else what's the point in entering?

Forza Benfica! (sorry, my Portugese she a bit rusty!)

I know what you mean but there's no comparison, the Europa League is a lot better than you're making it out.

I actually think the Europa league was FULL of quality this year.... More ex-Champions League clubs in it than ever, it seemed.... Having to beat Inter (albeit a shit version) AND Lyon on the way to Basle spoke volumes about the level in this year's comp.

Still can't help but feel Chelsea are enjoying OUR special night out in Amsterdam though!

They can keep the CL format as it is, just don't allow the drop outs into the Europa league!

It would be the same as whoever lost in the 4th Round of the FA Cup gets a bye into the Quarter Finals of the League Cup!
It jus don make no sense fool!!!!!

This forum and you lot are the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time, gotta say! And you called me obsessed with Spurs! Ha!

Look at you all, sitting here pissing and moaning about Chelsea while we're lifting another trophy! It's a beautiful sight!

:troll:

look at you. heading straight to a spurs forum less than half an hour after you beloved team have won a european trophy.

Shouldn't you be out celebrating?

yep love it. (un)fortunately only missed maribor away (spursy).
Watching spurs in europe plus going to new grounds/places is what it's all about. Each to their own though.

XXX

Back
Top Bottom