The FA Cup 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi Southport fan here. Obviously it’s a massive draw for us but there’s a big game to get through next week.
We drew at Tranmere yesterday and should have won. Don’t worry about the league positions this is what the cup is all about.
If you’ve never been to Southport it’s on the coast just down from Blackpool. Plenty of hotels and B&Bs and a great night out. It’s also cheap!! £3 a pint. The ground holds 6000 so you’d be more likely to get 1500. Mainly standing behind goal with about 300 seats. It’s would be one of the biggest matches of our history. Any questions feel free to ask and I’ll check the forum.
All the best in your games beforehand.

Got away with one there.

Really thought we'd get Woolwich away.

Palace away is always a fucking tough affair though.

I really cant be arsed to stay over for this one. But at the same time it's a new ground ticked off my list. Fuck sakes!
Google suggests from Tranmere you could simply get Bus 487 to Birkenhead, then the 421 to Birmingham and the 422 from there to get to London at 5.50 the next morning. Couldn't be easier, don't know what everyone's moaning about to be honest.

Woolwich drawn away in the cup?

giphy.gif

Hi Southport fan here. Obviously it’s a massive draw for us but there’s a big game to get through next week.
We drew at Tranmere yesterday and should have won. Don’t worry about the league positions this is what the cup is all about.
If you’ve never been to Southport it’s on the coast just down from Blackpool. Plenty of hotels and B&Bs and a great night out. It’s also cheap!! £3 a pint. The ground holds 6000 so you’d be more likely to get 1500. Mainly standing behind goal with about 300 seats. It’s would be one of the biggest matches of our history. Any questions feel free to ask and I’ll check the forum.

Any fit women in Southport who are into wrestling and facesitting?

Hi guys, Tranmere fan here (son is Tranmere/Spurs fan especially Harry Kane). Just to let you know we dont have a clubhouse as such but rather a “fanzone” -basically a tent in the car park. Serves a whole range of interesting beers rather than the usual rubbish. I can recommend the gamma ray beer- around 6% and £3.50 a pint. Away fans are always welcome, we even let Wrexham in - there is usually a massive police presence for them so cant see why you wont be allowed. Also has post match live music for those that are staying. Not tried food in there but usually has stuff like curry and rice etc for £3. Give me a shout if any questions. Looking forward to it.

I fucking hope they do.

They literally have a weeks rest. They next play the following Monday against Man City in the league. They have ZERO chance of relegation and barely any hope of European football so why not hope for an FA Cup run and try and win it!?
Too fucking logical. Remember that joke of a squad Leicester put out against City in the league cup? And that joke of a squad that Leicester put out against Newport in the FA cup? And that joke of a squad called Leicester?

Defies logic.

Exactly. Like he doesn’t know where he is and knows nothing about football

Random player: “Gaffer...we’re getting destroyed down the left. How should we set up for the second half?”

Woy: “Have you seen the price of milk these days? Madness. Bumped into Tony the other day in the post office and he said Mrs Smithers passed away. One less Christmas card to write. Speaking of Christmas, my hip’s been playing up over winter. Spoke to the doctor...he’s a nice young man...his daughter just graduated with a degree in economics...Katie?...Cathie? She’s been seeing some Italian fella that she met when...”

Random Player: “Erm...the 2nd half kicks off in 30 seconds.”

Third Round Draw tonight on BBC One at 7.30.

Ball numbers:

1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH
2 THE SCUM
3 ASTON VILLA
4 BIRMINGHAM CITY
5 BLACKBURN ROVERS
6 BOLTON WANDERERS
7 BRENTFORD
8 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
9 BRISTOL CITY
10 BURNLEY
11 CARDIFF CITY
12 CHELSCUM
13 CRYSTAL PALACE
14 DERBY COUNTY
15 EVERTON
16 FULHAM
17 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN
18 HULL CITY
19 IPSWICH TOWN
20 LEEDS UNITED
21 LEICESTER CITY
22 LIVERPOOL
23 MANCHESTER CITY
24 MANCHESTER UNITED
25 MIDDLESBROUGH
26 MILLWALL
27 NEWCASTLE UNITED
28 NORWICH CITY
29 NOTTINGHAM FOREST
30 PRESTON NORTH END
31 QUEENS PARK RANGERS
32 READING
33 ROTHERHAM UNITED
34 SHEFFIELD UNITED
35 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
36 SOUTHAMPTON
37 STOKE CITY
38 SWANSEA CITY
39 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
40 WATFORD
41 WEST BROMWICH ALBION
42 WEST HAM UNITED
43 WIGAN ATHLETIC
44 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
45 GUISELEY OR FLEETWOOD TOWN
46 LUTON TOWN
47 WREXHAM OR NEWPORT COUNTY
48 TRANMERE ROVERS OR SOUTHPORT
49 BARNSLEY
50 SHREWSBURY TOWN
51 SOLIHULL MOORS OR BLACKPOOL
52 GRIMSBY TOWN
53 PETERBOROUGH UNITED OR BRADFORD CITY
54 WOKING
55 OLDHAM ATHLETIC
56 LINCOLN CITY
57 AFC WIMBLEDON
58 OXFORD UNITED
59 BARNET
60 PORTSMOUTH
61 WALSALL OR SUNDERLAND
62 ACCRINGTON STANLEY
63 DONCASTER ROVERS
64 GILLINGHAM
We’ll draw Man City, Woolwich will draw Woking.

:pochunimpressed:

Well isn't it nice to see a courteous and open welcome from Southport.

I, as you may have read, have an aunt and uncle residing in Southport and have spent many pleasant trips to visit them of late.

I can also confirm that my cousin is a somewhat large and tattooed women who loves Everton and beer. And is single.

I know these are the games we all prefer - either home or away at a shit team but I dread these fixtures. Awful pitches, players who aren't really technically good just wanting to go out there and bash our players up. I absolutely hated those games last season with Rochdale and Newport (Rochdale replay at Wembley wasn't too bad).

Especially when we tend to rotate heavily and it looks like we have 11 strangers on the pitch. Just hope we can get in there, get it over and done with and nobody gets injured. Hopefully get in the hat for the fourth round and move on.
Football is all about the culture and experience. Being at games. Seeing other clubs. Having a laugh with them and at them. Rochdale last season was an awful game but it was fun going. Personally, I love matches like that. Generally, I love away games.

Wolves will have a decent chance tomorrow at Molineux if they play a strong team (and why wouldn't they do that?)

I fucking hope they do.

They literally have a weeks rest. They next play the following Monday against Man City in the league. They have ZERO chance of relegation and barely any hope of European football so why not hope for an FA Cup run and try and win it!?

Back
Top Bottom