The FA Cup 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with what a lot of you have said and I have a bad feeling we will get a difficult draw this time around!

Last couple of seasons were massively in our favour. But we will have to play a big side at some point if we are serious contenders anyway.

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed his intention to rotate for Monday’s FA Cup third-round tie at Wolverhampton Wanderers. Klopp explained during his pre-match press conference that such a hectic schedule necessitates changes, with Simon Mignolet and Alberto Moreno definite starters.
Wolves will have a decent chance tomorrow at Molineux if they play a strong team (and why wouldn't they do that?)

Wolves will have a decent chance tomorrow at Molineux if they play a strong team (and why wouldn't they do that?)

I fucking hope they do.

They literally have a weeks rest. They next play the following Monday against Man City in the league. They have ZERO chance of relegation and barely any hope of European football so why not hope for an FA Cup run and try and win it!?

I fucking hope they do.

They literally have a weeks rest. They next play the following Monday against Man City in the league. They have ZERO chance of relegation and barely any hope of European football so why not hope for an FA Cup run and try and win it!?
Too fucking logical. Remember that joke of a squad Leicester put out against City in the league cup? And that joke of a squad that Leicester put out against Newport in the FA cup? And that joke of a squad called Leicester?

Defies logic.

I fucking hope they do.

Exactly this, I would be fuming if I was a Wolves fan and Nuno puts out a weak side, especially if I had bought a ticket.

FA Cup R3: Liverpool (H) Build Up

Last edited:
I fucking hope they do.

I would love Wolves to win that but being out of the FA Cup will make it easier for them to win the league. However I will be happy if Liverpool get knocked out and worry about them winning the league another day.

I would love Wolves to win that but being out of the FA Cup will make it easier for them to win the league. However I will be happy if Liverpool get knocked out and worry about them winning the league another day.

Not sure that applies, as with us at Tranmere having the opportunity to play eight non first team players in a competitive match is probably a massive plus. There is no need to overplay your first eleven until March, if your second string lose before hand then no real harm done.

Teams that are not finishing top six or bottom three should give the FA Cup priority, it's weird that they don't, but for the top six until the QF or even until the SF it's just good match day training.

Puts a hell of a lot more pressure on them to win the league though. He’ll start getting some serious questions about trophies if they get nothing again

If the prospect of them winning the League is too much to bear then surely the thought of them doing the double is even more hellish?

Wolves all the way, mate.

Watch Wolves v Liverpool live on BBC One from 19:30 GMT followed by FA Cup fourth-round draw.

The draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup will take place, immediately after Monday's third-round tie between Wolves and Liverpool live on BBC One.

The stupid thing is Barnet's ground is a lot closer to Wembley than white Hart lane. 2 stops further on the jubilee line (cannons park)

Equally stupid is the fact that Barnet's ground is about as close to Barnet as Wembley is to Tottenham!!Thankfully we will be going home sooner rather than later, whereas Barnet will never be going home!

I agree with what a lot of you have said and I have a bad feeling we will get a difficult draw this time around!

Last couple of seasons were massively in our favour. But we will have to play a big side at some point if we are serious contenders anyway.
Only having to play one big side to win it would be very lucky and present a major oppourtunity. Having to beat two big teams in a winning run is much more typical.

Equally stupid is the fact that Barnet's ground is about as close to Barnet as Wembley is to Tottenham!!Thankfully we will be going home sooner rather than later, whereas Barnet will never be going home!
I really hope they do get home at some stage. Great to see Wimbledon on the verge of being back, no fanbase deserves that fate.

Back
Top Bottom