The FA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit melodramatic mate
Really? It seems that there is always someone out there, ready to be offended and ready to go to war with you over your opinions. Look at the anguish generated on here. One word out of place, a word that has been replaced in the lexicon of the righteous, and you are condemned as a dinosaur and a heretic, and often abused in a manner that says more about the accuser than it it does about the accused.

Even wearing and buying a poppy is the act of murderer's apparently.

melodramatic? By who, exactly?

‘Black players’ perhaps? But it has been clear for many years that the word ‘coloured’ is not acceptable and loaded with racist associations. If someone in his position doesn’t know that then they have to go.

Indeed, 1973 Stevie Wonder Living for the city;

To find a job is like a haystack needle, 'cause
Where he lives, they don't use coloured people

When woke wrecks football, no crying from the perma-virtue-signallers, please.

I actually hope they put in a female Chair - which they are now seriously considering, I'm sure - and then it's full speed to The Transgender League.

Wahay!

I actually hope they put in a female Chair - which they are now seriously considering, I'm sure - and then it's full speed to The Transgender League.

Wahay!
I've said before that I think one day Alex Scott will head up the FA.

NINTCHDBPICT000567182020.jpg

Really? It seems that there is always someone out there, ready to be offended and ready to go to war with you over your opinions. Look at the anguish generated on here. One word out of place, a word that has been replaced in the lexicon of the righteous, and you are condemned as a dinosaur and a heretic, and often abused in a manner that says more about the accuser than it it does about the accused.

Even wearing and buying a poppy is the act of murderer's apparently.

melodramatic? By who, exactly?

:mourfacepalm:

There was an FA official on the radio more or less saying Clarke should have gone years ago along with a lot of the top brass. He stopped just short of singing Hallelujah!

He also said it wasn’t the one word that got him sacked but the whole testimony showed Clarke has still not grasped the basics of what they are trying to do on inclusion.

Ultimately, Clarke was a total penis and should have known better. If you're thick enough to use that language, then you're in no way suitable to lead the FA, an organisation that claims to value inclusivity and diversity.

Wahay!

You sound like such a div (polite)!

......What the hell are you actually mourning here?

There was an FA official on the radio more or less saying Clarke should have gone years ago along with a lot of the top brass. He stopped just short of singing Hallelujah!

He also said it wasn’t the one word that got him sacked but the whole testimony showed Clarke has still not grasped the basics of what they are trying to do on inclusion.

Sick if this protective "he resigned" bullshit that bodies/companies use to allow individuals to save face.

His exit statement took the fucking piss!

If the organisation has legitimate grounds to object, then they should have sacked him.....

Sir Trevor Brooking: Born: 2 October 1948 (age 72 years), Barking.

I want Sir Trevor to head the FA. They're a joke, and need a Muppet as their leader.

Ultimately, Clarke was a total penis and should have known better. If you're thick enough to use that language, then you're in no way suitable to lead the FA, an organisation that claims to value inclusivity and diversity.

What a horrid font that tweet has.

I dont think an old codger using the term coloured means they're racist but as stated by others in this thread, perhaps that same codger is not best placed to be dealing with issues of diversity

Last edited:
What a horrid font that tweet has.

I dont think an old codger using the term coloured means they're racist but as stated by others in this thread, perhaps that sane codger is not best placed to be dealing with issues if diversity

Sadly, Greg Clarke has shown absolutely no understanding of, or empathy for anyone who's not white and heterosexual and should never have been selected for any position of authority anywhere, let alone an area of life where the issue of inequality has such a high profile.

The people who appointed him have questions to answer.

Back
Top Bottom