The Faraway Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been in both camps.
Born in Hayes, moved to Northwood in very early teens.
Was never a ST holder but was a member. Hardly missed a home game for about 15 years, went to a very few away games. Of course this was in the days when you could just pay at the turnstiles.
I've stood, or sat, in every stand at WHL, including once in the away end vs the Dippers where Rush tore us a new one (1 - 4 IIRC).

Then I moved to Ireland,so don't go anymore. The last game I saw live was vs Shamrock Rovers away in the EL.

Anyway, who gives a fuck, if you're Spurs, you're Spurs.
You mean Hillingdon Hospital? It's often said that only devilishly good looking superhumans are born there.

Unless of course you literally mean a field in Hayes...

Agreed though, Spurs is Spurs

You mean Hillingdon Hospital? It's often said that only devilishly good looking superhumans are born there.

Unless of course you literally mean a field in Hayes...

Agreed though, Spurs is Spurs
Harlington Cottage Hospital actually.
Don't why as my older brother and sister were born in Hillingdon hospital (as was my daughter)

As a spurs fan in ireland (not too far away) ive been to white hart lane plenty of times. Not been to new stadium but the cost of travelling to a game and staying in london is massive. Been a fan since 87 listened to a lot of shite from so called old top 4 teams since. Fuck them. Was always a nice few spurs fans in ireland and is on the increase. Dont consider ourselves better or worse than london spurs fans. Just love supporting the club and its never boring 😅

Irrelevant discussion obviously but great to here some stories so here's mine:

I'm Spurs because the first English football game I ever saw on tele was the Cup Final in 91 (yes, Im a gloryhunter, lol). I was just impressed by the atmosphere and I also could have supported Forest, was just a coinflip.

Back then I was 9 years old and in Belgium nobody cared too much about English football. Some years later all of a sudden it exploded and half of my town became a United fan. For this reason I felt like being different and I got more and more into Spurs.

During my teenage and student years I watched almost every game on tele and by the age I was 19 I decided to go to The Lane. I went on my own from Belgium and the game I saw was the memorable one against United (3-5). Mental! I also think that Bergkamp scored this beauty against Newcastle on the same day if my memory serves me right.

Since then I have been going to 1-2 games each season and it's always 1 of the best days of the year.

It's a strange feeling but after all the dissapointments I couldnt imagine supporting another team!

Depending on the individual's means, a flight + ticket may equate to less of an undertaking than a ticket alone might for a born and bread north Londoner.

...Ergo there's no there's no steadfast measure of commitment anyway.

I'm an armchair fan these days, maybe get to around half dozen games a season last few years.
Had a season ticket for a good 5 years or so, which counts for something surely?
Haven't bought a shirt in donkeys year as I'm an adult but do buy full kits for the nieces and nephews, and the odd bit of tat from the overpriced Spurs store.

Not sure where that puts me on the scale.

I think anyone that has the emotional investment can be a fan.

Let's just hope we have something to cheer about at the end of this season!

COYS!

I don't give a shit on where I rank in this table. I go to games as much as I can afford (about 3 times a year) and I watch most games from home. My love for this club and the emotions I get are much bigger than any rank

Part of this emotions are due to the fans that are always there and support the club week in week out. I feel always grateful to them and whenever I am there I give my contribution in full voice

I don't care what some of you lot say i'm a spurs fan thru and thru i have been watching everygame for the last 15 years consider yourself lucky you can buy a ticket take a 45 min train trip and watch our beloved spurs. Do you know how much it cost from Jamaica to England right now.

I don't care what some of you lot say i'm a spurs fan thru and thru i have been watching everygame for the last 15 years consider yourself lucky you can buy a ticket take a 45 min train trip and watch our beloved spurs. Do you know how much it cost from Jamaica to England right now.

I do consider myself lucky to be able to buy myself a £63 ticket 19 times a season Mr Levy.

P.S. my 45 min train trip actually takes 150 mins. Each way.

I love anyone that considers themselves to be Spurs wherever they hail from or reside. I just find this topic, which crops up on a regular basis, amusing.

I've seen Spurs games in Malta and various places in the USA, and the passion is the same wherever you go. In fact, I have time for anyone who identifies themselves as a Spurs supporter. For some people, they have to support from a distance, doesn't make their feelings for our Club any less real.
I had a break for a few years from actually going, for financial reasons, but I didn't stop being a Spurs supporter because I couldn't attend matches.

What i love is wether its in the ground or somewhere random , you meet another Spurs fan and theres a bond , you want to chat, the Brotherhood of Spurs.............. Im from London but wherever your from we are all Spurs

Back
Top Bottom